Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Check this out if/when you get the chance. Crappy finish but Valkyrie is someone on the clear rise:

https://twitter.com/HashtagLowBlows/status/1052242816959750144

If you are feeling foolish lol buy an OTT sub for Deviant. A great card:

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1054298816936075264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I was catching up on STARDOM stuff, and I realized that Hana Kimura's theme is some Knife Party poo poo. It's REALLY bad and I hate it.

...So it's perfect for a heel. Because anyone who likes her theme is a terrible person. Easily in my top 5 list of least favorite entrance themes of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AiBgmjyf4

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She used to have a pretty banging party club theme before, so it's a good heel turn

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
MYC Talk.

I'm a bit behind, but Toni/Meiko ended up being a banger. Probably not as good as Meiko/Mercedes, but drat good.

The promo afterwards was pretty good too, at least in the emotion department.

Edit: Holy crap obvious overdub during the announcement for Rhea/Io.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 25, 2018

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Please make Ripley someone's menacing bodyguard stat.

Amato, Stock and Deeb getting mentioned was a nice touch.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Of the women left in the MYC the biggest standout is honestly Rhea Ripley, and along with Xia Li have been the two biggest breakouts of the tournament (both were in it last year but this year they've improved so much, last year Rhea was clearly talented but shes put it so well together this year)

That Rhea is owning an unfortunate accident and using it to elevate herself is loving great and shows she knows what shes doing. That shes only still in the tournament because of said accident is all the more amazing and is one of those things that could be life gave you a lemon and she made the poo poo out of that lemonade.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hm..........

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1055277899350228992

Kairi better not go near any TVs with Io around. Or near the LED boards on the entrance ramp. WWE was not subtle at all about driving home the point that they are best friends. And we all know how this friendship stuff works out in NXT.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 25, 2018

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I kinda wish we got Meiko\Ripley.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I kinda wish we got Meiko\Ripley.

I wish this with the fire of a hundred thousand suns. I'd settle for Storm/Ripley if Ripley got to honest-to-god squash her.

This was definitely the most exciting Toni Storm match she's had so far in WWE, but holy god drat if it wasn't also the most obvious "....because of how good her opponent was" match she's had yet, too. The difference in athleticism and creativity between the two was pretty jarring. Meiko throwing out scorpion kicks and pele kicks and poo poo, and Toni Storm throwing anemic big boots that make Kane look fast. And also having a finisher with no leverage or coverage (I hate these types of finishers)

....She's not going to go away, is she? She's never going to loving go away. :negative:

She's super young though (quite a bit younger than I thought!)*, which is really promising. Maybe she'll one day live up to all her hype. She seems dedicated, at least, so like, there's nothing to say she can't get there, but she's not near there now, and her push/support is the most baffling thing. I hope to one day look back at these posts and think "Wow, to think I used to hate this phenom".

EDIT

*Then again, Ripley is somehow marginally younger and already looks better across the board.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 25, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Hm..........

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1055277899350228992

Kairi better not go near any TVs with Io around. Or near the LED boards on the entrance ramp. WWE was not subtle at all about driving home the point that they are best friends. And we all know how this friendship stuff works out in NXT.

I expect Io and Kairi to win on Sunday. Then them both to win tag titles and then they will eventually wrestle each other at the Wrestlemania Takeover.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is a good watch
https://twitter.com/AliciaAtout/status/1055159368037986305

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

I expect Io and Kairi to win on Sunday. Then them both to win tag titles and then they will eventually wrestle each other at the Wrestlemania Takeover.

Silly Rovert. The tag titles are just a myth. Also I don't expect Io to win on Sunday. I want her to win, but they will probably have Toni win to "legitimize" the UK Women's Division.

NXT UK taping spoiler: Which is funny because Toni ends up losing in the NXT UK women's title tournament to Rhea Ripley.

Also because you have racist idiots complaining about how if Io wins, its unfair because Kairi won last year and Japanese talents shouldn't be allowed to win back to back tournaments. Because they don't speak English.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 25, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DarkstarIV posted:

Also because you have racist idiots complaining about how if Io wins, its unfair because Kairi won last year and Japanese talents shouldn't be allowed to win back to back tournaments. Because they don't speak English.
I agree, Io should win.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Rhea Ripley is a more menacing monster heel than Nia Jaxx. Great show, Toni/Meiko was incredible. Two fantastic matches after having to scramble from a catastrophic injury. It's amazing what can happen when you just let talented workers tell a story in the ring with minimal bullshit constraining them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Asuka, Io and Kairi should team up and teach kids japanese cuss words.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah that match really felt like Rhea's breakout moment. She looked really comfortable in there and put on something very special. I'm excited to see what she does next.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
If the future of the NXT women is Rhea, Bianca, Kairi, and Io we're set for a fun run.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SunshineDanceParty posted:

If the future of the NXT women is Rhea, Bianca, Kairi, and Io we're set for a fun run.

Rhea is apparently part of NXT UK, so I don't think she'll make many appearances on the main brand. That being said, I think the division after Evolution SHOULD look like this:

Faces: Kairi, Mia, Dakota, Nikki, Io (for now at least), Candice(?)
Heels: Bianca, Lacey, Vanessa, Aliyah (ugh)

I'm sorta hesitant on Candice's alignment since she's really close to Johnny and he turned heel this week. I can see her turning as well.

However, if Shayna regains the title, I feel like the division is going to look like this:

Faces: Kairi, Mia, Dakota, Io, Nikki, Candice(?)
Heels: Shayna, Marina, Jessamyn, Bianca, Lacey, Vanessa, Aliyah

I think its been brought up elsewhere, but while I don't see Shayna regaining the title, I can't rule out her winning it back at Evolution either. I mean it would be an incredibly bad idea since every single "established" babyface except Kairi has been losing to heels over the past few months, but since the main roster is handling the booking for Evolution I doubt Vince gives a poo poo about credibility for the NXT women.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Faces: Kairi, Mia, Dakota, Nikki, Io (for now at least), Candice(?)
Heels: Bianca, Lacey, Vanessa, Aliyah (ugh)

Faces: Kairi, Mia, Dakota, Io, Nikki, Candice(?)
Heels: Shayna, Marina, Jessamyn, Bianca, Lacey, Vanessa, Aliyah

I like how you went to so much effort to say 'the Three Horsewomen will be around if Shayna wins'

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

I like how you went to so much effort to say 'the Three Horsewomen will be around if Shayna wins'

It was mainly to show that the female babyface side of NXT would be severely lacking as a result of Marina and Jessamyn debuting. Not to mention that there wouldn't be any real threats left for Shayna either. There are way more interesting programs with Kairi as champion opposed to Shayna.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How would you book the Evolution card, match lineup wise? I was just thinking about it since I was wondering whether the rumble winner would try to cash in immediately and thought that anyone in a match before the rumble wouldn't be able to participate in the rumble and they need as many bodies as possible for the rumble.

Kairi vs Shayna
Trish & Lita va Alexa Bliss & James
Sasha,Bayley Natalya vs Riott Squad
Toni Storm vs Io
Lynch vs Flair
Rumble
Rousey vs Nikki

I put NXT match first because I figured that WWE want to feature WWE more than NXT and this would be also be a hot start to the PPV. The tag matches would also be back to back because you need all those wrestlers for the rumble so you'd put them on as early as possible so that they can recover.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

How would you book the Evolution card, match lineup wise? I was just thinking about it since I was wondering whether the rumble winner would try to cash in immediately and thought that anyone in a match before the rumble wouldn't be able to participate in the rumble and they need as many bodies as possible for the rumble.

Kairi vs Shayna
Trish & Lita va Alexa Bliss & James
Sasha,Bayley Natalya vs Riott Squad
Toni Storm vs Io
Lynch vs Flair
Rumble
Rousey vs Nikki

I put NXT match first because I figured that WWE want to feature WWE more than NXT and this would be also be a hot start to the PPV. The tag matches would also be back to back because you need all those wrestlers for the rumble so you'd put them on as early as possible so that they can recover.

My order:

- Six Woman Tag
- Battle Royal
- Lita/Trish vs Alexa/Mickie
- MYC Finals
- Kairi vs Shayna
- Charlotte vs Becky
- Rousey vs Nikki

That being said, I can see the BR opening the show, and using the six woman tag as a cooldown match after the MYC finals or after Kairi/Shayna.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Between Tegan Nox last week and Roman Reigns this week, and the whole Crown Jewel murder fiasco, wrestling's been one depressing place recently. Hopefully this episode, which looks loving stacked, is promising. Let's watch!

Meiko Satomura vs. Toni Storm

Somebody mentioned that they don't understand why there's so much hype about Toni Storm, and I totally get it, but hey, she's over. And when you're over, you can do whatever you want and there's hype-by-default.

Speaking of being over, I had never even heard of Meiko before this tournament but I think she's my favorite new discovery of the whole thing. Great story, great wrestler. I don't think she had any bad matches, unless I'm forgetting one from Round 1. She was the absolute perfect person to have in this tournament. I hope she either got a big payday or that this helps her in Japan; she earned it.

I really want to see a FAST Toni Storm match from the get-go, rather than just the match's last 90 seconds. She can have an impactful offense and she can scream like a banshee while selling, but all of her MYC matches this season seem like they've been at three-quarters speed until the very end. Especially with her rock-star gimmick, I would expect her to be more aggressive. Also, I wonder if they told her to knock it off with the butt attacks? Maybe they want to keep that an Asuka and Naomi thing? I thought it gave her some swagger/personality. I guess she was also an uber-babyface this tournament, and that's kind of heelish offense.

Side note: I loving hate suicide dives, and them doing one on that goddamn ramp is so annoying. Ban the move, I don't give a poo poo, it almost always looks bad and all it means is "we're going to lay around for 20 seconds and/or go to commercial now," it's not exactly a match-ender. gently caress it, look at what happened to Tegan.

Rhea Ripley vs. Io Shirai

I expected Io Shirai vs. Toni Storm for the finals from this tournament's initial roster announcement, so it's not a surprise we got there (even if it was originally going to be Tegan).

I have to say that Rhea has really, really, really impressed this year. I loved her first run last year, but heel Rhea has been a revelation. She was crushing it in the first couple of rounds, but the way she handled Tegan's injury cemented it.

I said last time that it feels like she's 6'3" or taller, but even though that's not the case, her presence has just grown. She has this perfect mixture of "I'm a fuckin' bully" mood with this slight edge of sleaziness, it's terrific. She's so vicious, I love it. I wish she had attacked the ref or something, really gone outside the realm of the tournament atmosphere.

I liked this match an awful lot, but ugh, another suicide dive.

Other thoughts...

Last year, my favorite wrestlers I saw for the first time in the MYC were Toni Storm, Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae, Santana Garrett, Lacey Evans, Tessa Blanchard, and Dakota Kai.

This year, that list is Meiko Satomura, Io Shirai, Kaitlyn, Jinny, Jessie Elaban, Isla Dawn, and Xia Brookside. The two returners who got my attention this time around were Taynara Conti and Mia Yim.

I imagine they might be running low on indie wrestlers who would merit their inclusion in the tournament, but I'd love to see a new MYC every two years or so. It's one of my favorite things WWE has done in recent years.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I imagine next year if there's an MYC, the big Japanese name(s) will probably be Hana Kimura or Mayu Iwatani.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who cares

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Konami cares because it'll be her time to shine in Stardom.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Meiko at 27:00 taking the piss out of a wrestler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4OYP1i82k&t=1s

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I want Mia to get a push but I think she's destined for the Tye Dillinger role in NXT and Naomi on the main roster. Which isn't a bad place but she's super cool.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hana Kimura getting into some trouble it seems. Latest Wrestling Observer reported she had attitude problems at the last ROH show she was at (she didn't want to listen to Christopher Daniels and his suggestions for the match he was agenting for her), and acts incredibly conceited in STARDOM due to Kairi and Io leaving, she feels like she's a huge draw for the product. She also apparently didn't follow any guidelines/traditions in Mexico.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 25, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bella polution

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Luckily most states now agree that Bellalution is inhumane and have banned it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

Hana Kimura getting into some trouble it seems. Latest Wrestling Observer reported she had attitude problems at the last ROH show she was at (she didn't want to listen to Christopher Daniels and his suggestions for the match he was agenting for her), and acts incredibly conceited in STARDOM due to Kairi and Io leaving, she feels like she's a huge draw for the product. She also apparently didn't follow any guidelines/traditions in Mexico.

like mother like daughter. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

DarkstarIV posted:

Taking suggestions from an ROH agent as a female wrestler is like getting parenting advice from a loving dingo. He's not on your side.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Explosions posted:

Taking suggestions from an ROH agent as a female wrestler is like getting parenting advice from a loving dingo. He's not on your side.

Oh I know. I think the STARDOM stuff is lovely, but lmao at listening to advice from Christopher Daniels.

Now if it were from someone with actual success in the business like HBK or Bret Hart or something, I would be disappointed in her. But considering the peak of Christopher Daniels's career was taking a martini out of a locker in TNA, I would ignore his advice as well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh I know. I think the STARDOM stuff is lovely, but lmao at listening to advice from Christopher Daniels.

Now if it were from someone with actual success in the business like HBK or Bret Hart or something, I would be disappointed in her. But considering the peak of Christopher Daniels's career was taking a martini out of a locker in TNA, I would ignore his advice as well.

Daniels is only one of the most respected wrestlers of the last 20 years who is cited as a major influence by some of the best wrestlers of the last 15 years.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Daniels is only one of the most respected wrestlers of the last 20 years who is cited as a major influence by some of the best wrestlers of the last 15 years.

yeah, I don't understand people putting shade on Daniels. Given his experience, I think that he would be worth listening to since he's seen and done most about everything that can be done in wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The good WOH Women love/loved Daniels. Very easy to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He’s been integral to everything ROH, which includes the dogshit terrible boring Women Of Honor.

Hana, like her mother, expects a certain level of deference that Daniels probably didn’t care for(if he even paid attention).