Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

precision posted:

The A/B thing is probably "worthy person"/"zombie food"

Asian or Black--turns out the Helicopter People have their own Highlander going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Astroman posted:

Asian or Black--turns out the Helicopter People have their own Highlander going.

:drat:

Speaking of the old Blacklander rule, I keep getting a DirecTV ad when I watch on the AMC app. The guy playing the coach was short-lived good convict Oscar (who replaced T-Dog, only to replaced by Tyreese).

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Did any one else catch what could have been a nod to the OG Night of the Living Dead?
Namely, the farmhouse, with the old 50's pickup outside with two burned bodies next to a gas pump?

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

precision posted:

The A/B thing is probably "worthy person"/"zombie food"

I was thinking more like

A = an unwilling person, so she'd have to kidnap somebody

B = someone who can make touch decisions, so someone who is willing to join in on this operation

And so since we are currently at "Moralizing Gabriel" in the Gabriel Cycle he wasn't willing to work with her so she realized he wasn't a B, and is now her A.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

FrensaGeran posted:

I was thinking more like

A = an unwilling person, so she'd have to kidnap somebody

B = someone who can make touch decisions, so someone who is willing to join in on this operation

And so since we are currently at "Moralizing Gabriel" in the Gabriel Cycle he wasn't willing to work with her so she realized he wasn't a B, and is now her A.

This will all turn out to be a sad, needlessly cryptic way of speaking

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh gently caress what about axel and ... T dog? T bone?

T bag

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
RIP 3dog

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

T-axleBone

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There's a Gabriel plotline? Guess he's gonna die if there's any new black cast members.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really liked ankat or whatever short hair lady was but then she got harpooned

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Gortarius posted:

There's a Gabriel plotline? Guess he's gonna die if there's any new black cast members.

You gotta keep an eye out for these things.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So sad to see a great actor from the loving Wire die slowly on a show like this. Hope he gets paid a lot at least.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Jay_Zombie posted:

You gotta keep an eye out for these things.

When the show begins my eyes force themselves shut.

The real reason is though that I haven't seen the episode. It airs late at night over here and I just couldn't justify staying up for this poo poo.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
A community hard up for food probably shouldn't be making ethanol. Just like a community with lawn space to spare should be growing food in old tires.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Jay_Zombie posted:

Did any one else catch what could have been a nod to the OG Night of the Living Dead?
Namely, the farmhouse, with the old 50's pickup outside with two burned bodies next to a gas pump?

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

I thought of this also although the burnt bodies were in the seats and the rest of the truck untouched by flame. In any event an obvious homage to NotLD.

On a side note, with this being Halloween week, if anyone hasnt seen the 1990 remake of NotLD, watch it, a very good flick in it's own right Tony Todd, Patricia Tallman and directed by Tom Savini.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

crazy cloud posted:

episode was good

This one and the previous episode were good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I can't wait until they reveal the whole A/B thing because I know it'll be a super satisfying answer.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

warcrimes posted:

I thought of this also although the burnt bodies were in the seats and the rest of the truck untouched by flame. In any event an obvious homage to NotLD.

On a side note, with this being Halloween week, if anyone hasnt seen the 1990 remake of NotLD, watch it, a very good flick in it's own right Tony Todd, Patricia Tallman and directed by Tom Savini.

Well, it's TWD, so yeah. Making the truck look burnt too much work.

It's been years and years since I've seen that version of NotLD. I may have to dig it up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Binary Logic posted:

This one and the previous episode were good.

Better than season 8 but I hesitate to use the word "good".

So according to the ad campaign, Rick only has 2 more episodes? Does that mean they're doing a split season and we get a whole half season of "man I sure wish Rick was here"?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Jay_Zombie posted:

It's been years and years since I've seen that version of NotLD. I may have to dig it up.

The new Criterion blu ray is mind blowing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

precision posted:

So according to the ad campaign, Rick only has 2 more episodes? Does that mean they're doing a split season and we get a whole half season of "man I sure wish Rick was here"?

Well they always do a split season of TWD, but at least Rick dying isn't going to be a cliff hanger between the two halves...

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Rick only has two episodes before he is taken over by his latent personality...

Dick Crimes.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
What about his other personality, the cockney citrus thief Nick Limes?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Some sort of freak accident where he can feel crimes in the future with just a single tingle of his dick

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
His rapper personality Mich Rhymes needs to come out more.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

precision posted:

Season 9 B preview:

we can make this work
we can't make this work
rick could make this work
we dont have rick
this cant work
it could work, with rick
we dont have rick
this wont work
we can be like rick
this wont work, I cant be like rick
you cant be like rick, I can be like rick
this can work
this cant work
negan can make this work

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

This scene is well written and acted. Go back and watch it again.

This little "hey guys can I ask something?" is pretty good.

and the Jadis enigma of A and B is classic TWD - a mystery that only exists to build up viewer suspense.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rick’s twin brother, Gill, will be introduced and replace Rick as the crew’s leader.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

This scene is well written and acted. Go back and watch it again.

I legit thought that the "downfall and death of Rick, probably at the hands of Maggie and Daryl" would be due to Rick getting powertrippy or becoming an rear end in a top hat. But unless he takes a real face/heel turn in the next two episodes, he seems like he's completely right and is being a good leader and peacemaker. It's the assholes who are going to kill him and ruin it for everyone.

Unless he just walks face first into a zombie or something. :shrug:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
At first I thought they'd just let Rick walk off into the sunset, but that "let's have a baby" followed by what was likely a post-apoc barebacking is an even worse harbinger of doom than being a black cop two days from retirement fondly regarding a picture of his family

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Astroman posted:

I legit thought that the "downfall and death of Rick, probably at the hands of Maggie and Daryl" would be due to Rick getting powertrippy or becoming an rear end in a top hat. But unless he takes a real face/heel turn in the next two episodes, he seems like he's completely right and is being a good leader and peacemaker. It's the assholes who are going to kill him and ruin it for everyone.

Unless he just walks face first into a zombie or something. :shrug:

Rick is going to get bit trying to save Negan from zombies after Daryl and Maggie accidentally let him free.

(Probably not an actual spoiler)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Rick is going to get bit trying to save Negan from zombies after Daryl and Maggie accidentally let him free.

(Probably not an actual spoiler)

If the rumors and leaks hold true, it’ll be far more idiotic than that:

Rick tries to divert a herd, but falls off his horse and impales himself on rebar, then begins to bleed out while surrounded. There’s also a rumor that this will be left ambiguous as a helicopter is the last thing Rick sees.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Rick gets chomped by a teleport zombie, then kicked by a horse. What a way to go.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rick tries to divert a herd, but falls off his horse and impales himself on rebar, then begins to bleed out while surrounded. There’s also a rumor that this will be left ambiguous as a helicopter is the last thing Rick sees.

That sounds bollocks.
I thought he was lasting until episode 9?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

moist turtleneck posted:

Some sort of freak accident where he can feel crimes in the future with just a single tingle of his dick

A radioactive zombie bit him in the dick.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The camera pans out as we see Rick certainly doomed BUT WAIT .. is that a dumpster being carried by the chopper?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I see no reason why they wouldn't do a clipshow for the mid season finale where everyone gets sad that their murder hobo avatar died

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

There's gonna be at least a full episode's worth of flashbacks of Rick after the mid season finale so it'll be like he's not even gone

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Rick gets Michonne pregnant, time skip to 6 months into the future. Rick and Michonne are having some pre-third trimester sexy times. The umbilical cord gets wrapped around the babby's throat in utero at one point while Rick is preforming a reverse jackhammer with Michonne in an upside down split. Just as Rick is about to climax he screams "it's for the futuuuuuuuurrrrrre!!!"
The zombie fetus eats Rick, dick first.

The zombie babby eats it's way out of Michonne by way of the butt canal, and as it emerges, we see that it has a tiny babby mullet.
It was Eugene's baby the whole time!

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
The way I see it going down is this. Rick and Darryl are back from a mission to bring back a load of propane tanks from some place. They're now back at the camp and they stare proudly at the huge pile of logs they brought back, which are far too big and numerous for them to feasibly transport. Propane is never mentioned again. With a smile Rick says "This is it . . . . this is the start of sumthan". Darryl turns around with a fresh cut on his forehead and drawls angrily "yeah well I've done survivin and now I gotta livin" and punches Rick on the side of the head. Rick falls backwards and four zombies can be seen approaching him from behind. Darryl gets in a car which has never been in frame up until this point. He turns the keys and the car inexplicably reverses down an embankment and into a pond. "Abraham!" Rick shouts, scrambling to his feet. He is now carrying a rope. He flings the rope into the river in the general direction of the sinking car. The seven zombies get closer. Two people we've never seen before come to help. They start tugging on the rope and just as the car sinks into the lake Darryl can be seen clutching to the end of it and is hauled to safety. Darryl and Rick nod at each other but suddently the car comes roaring out of the lake and drives straight into Rick, trapping him at the waist. The three zombies are getting nearer. The four redshirts and Darryl fight the five zombies off before they can get to Rick but a tree falls on his head triggering a flashback sequence that lasts three seasons.