Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

jojoinnit posted:

No but I don't generally get very many. Had an ex who liked to tweeze ingrown hairs on my leg and I wasn't very comfortable with that either. I can be very English if that helps explain it.

I dated a lady who while driving the car and stopped at red lights would reach into my nostril and rip out my nose hairs if she found them to be getting too long. Without warning or consent. Would you not be down with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

That's the strangest sex metaphor I've heard in hours.

It's basic primate grooming behavior. Humans are more reserved though, and generally only do it with romantic partners or people they pay. If we were as free as the apes you and your friends could go to the bar and have a beer while you check each other for ticks and suspicious moles.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
:biotruths:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

It's basic primate grooming behavior. Humans are more reserved though, and generally only do it with romantic partners or people they pay. If we were as free as the apes you and your friends could go to the bar and have a beer while you check each other for ticks and suspicious moles.

You don't do that?

what a weirdo

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Don't kink shame, please.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

You think eating bar nuts is gross now. Try eating them after people's hands have been all over each other's nuts at the bar.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1053023848772378625

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

That's already been taken down. Dude told em to.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Psh, guuurrrrl.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Everything about that is painful. My favorite is the facebook collage made by googling "black people."

https://twitter.com/MattOrtega/status/1053033283301384192

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Aztec posted:

That's already been taken down. Dude told em to.

Wait, I apologize. I got this thing and another story about a radio ad being taken down mixed together.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Everything about that is painful. My favorite is the facebook collage made by googling "black people."

https://twitter.com/MattOrtega/status/1053033283301384192

Karl Malone probably does support Trump and is also a statutory rapist and infamous deadbeat dad

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Heh. I looked up the "Black Americans for the President's Agenda" with the FEC, and it turns out to be a super-PAC run by Vernon Robinson. The man is better known for referring to himself as "the black Jesse Helms" and for scamming money off Ben Carson's campaign.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Are you saying you have a problem with his assertion? Why?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

Chinotto Cola, it's pretty good. Bisleri is the largest brand and it is, of course, owned by the Coca-Cola Amatil company.

Ok this is ridiculous I've hit nothing but page snipes all day.

I got around to getting some.

San Pellegrino’s is O.K. but Lurisia’s is better.

At a penny per millilitre, it’s going to be an expensive habit.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/Angry_Gr0bi/status/1054495164809596934

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Edit: I'm probably wrong, so nothing to see here.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 09:18 on Oct 23, 2018

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I'm probably going to hate myself for finding out, but how was that hashtag mis-used by GOG?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
#WontBeErased was used by the LGBT community in response to the Trump Administration rolling back protection for transgender people.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Samovar posted:

I'm probably going to hate myself for finding out, but how was that hashtag mis-used by GOG?

Google reports that it’s a transgender human rights protest hashtag. GOG probably saw it trending and sent the tweet without reading any content.

I actually think it’s more hosed up that they deleted it than posting it in the first place.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MrYenko posted:

Google reports that it’s a transgender human rights protest hashtag. GOG probably saw it trending and sent the tweet without reading any content.

I actually think it’s more hosed up that they deleted it than posting it in the first place.

They knew the content. They've done this stuff before like "did you assume my gender"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I usually think of myself as Extremely Online, but Gat0r?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

GamerGater.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Samovar posted:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Hello fellow olds! :hfive:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

jojoinnit posted:

How do you do?!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jojoinnit posted:

:tipshat:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I had to ask another guy what l33t meant back in 2004. I wasn't even that old back then.

Now my kids spell thick with two C's and no K.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Do you remember hearing about GamerGate?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

They absolutely knew what they were doing with that hashtag via the nasty little “how’s that” remark. Even if I’m also An Old (TM) the context alone is telling.

I followed some of what was happening in 2014. Finding “l33t” ways to spell it became a thing because merely saying the term in anything but a positive context was enough to get someone harassed, if not outright doxxed (and I figure that’s why any deep discussion of it is still a no-go on these forums, or at least closely monitored).

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

jojoinnit posted:

Get off my lawn.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I followed some of what was happening in 2014. Finding “l33t” ways to spell it became a thing because merely saying the term in anything but a positive context was enough to get someone harassed, if not outright doxxed (and I figure that’s why any deep discussion of it is still a no-go on these forums, or at least closely monitored).

Combo of that, and it being a derail subject along the lines of tipping, circumcision, etc. where there's no real discussion to be had, just endless unpleasant arguments.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Puppy Time posted:

Combo of that, and it being a derail subject along the lines of tipping, circumcision, etc. where there's no real discussion to be had, just endless unpleasant arguments.

It took me a moment to realise that tipping was, y'know, tipping as in leaving money at a restaurant.
For a brief instant, I thought it was something associated with circumcision, and I didn't like what I was thinking. :gonk:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

It took me a moment to realise that tipping was, y'know, tipping as in leaving money at a restaurant.
For a brief instant, I thought it was something associated with circumcision, and I didn't like what I was thinking. :gonk:

the modification to your avatar is going to be horrifying

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Pro marketing moves: the mohel used cigar cutters as his business cards

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Fun fact: the guy who started GamerGate originally posted his screed here but he got banned and it got deleted

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Somehow its inevitable that SA is key to every development leading us into Hell World.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The Mangosteen Plot is proceeding nicely.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

KozmoNaut posted:

The Mangosteen Plot is proceeding nicely.

I haven't eaten or heard about those in years. Is there a thing now?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

There is this billboard I drive by on a major street in Denver. Its theme line: "No Netflix. No Chill."

It's an ad for some kind of blanket. It shows a blanket.

I think they missed the boat here. "Netflix and chill" meme was never about movies and temperatures and at any rate it's over. But anyway if I had done it--and I wouldn't have--I would have said "Netflix and no chill."

I'm wrong about practically everything though so who knows? At least now I've heard of the company, although I immediately forgot its name, so maybe it wasn't a dumb marketing move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Rhymes With Clue posted:

There is this billboard I drive by on a major street in Denver. Its theme line: "No Netflix. No Chill."

It's an ad for some kind of blanket. It shows a blanket.

I think they missed the boat here. "Netflix and chill" meme was never about movies and temperatures and at any rate it's over. But anyway if I had done it--and I wouldn't have--I would have said "Netflix and no chill."

I'm wrong about practically everything though so who knows? At least now I've heard of the company, although I immediately forgot its name, so maybe it wasn't a dumb marketing move.

I heard a guy talking about the stock market and advising people to netflix and chill instead of worrying about prices. I am certain he did not understand what it meant.

I like "Netflix and no chill" tho