Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AdiaBOOtic posted:

How's everyone's morning?

I'm currently fueled by coffee and anger and destroying work at an alarming rate.

I joined the run team at work and will be spear-heading a nighttime run this spring for 3rd shift employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

AdiaBOOtic posted:

I'm currently fueled by coffee and anger and destroying work at an alarming rate.

Littlest was awake for around 2 hours in the middle of the night. I have the biggest coffee in the world, but I'm awake and semi-functional.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Littlest was awake for around 2 hours in the middle of the night. I have the biggest coffee in the world, but I'm awake and semi-functional.

Mine needed some help getting back to sleep at 4am. I couldn't fall back asleep easily afterwards. I don't drink coffee and am in a classroom for using for 8 hours today on a boring topic. :argh:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Suburban Dad posted:

Mine needed some help getting back to sleep at 4am. I couldn't fall back asleep easily afterwards. I don't drink coffee and am in a classroom for using for 8 hours today on a boring topic. :argh:

Sounds like a good time to start.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Laying in bed, slowly losing my mind as I listen to the next complex over go around and test the fire evacuation alarms in every single building.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe toss in a 5 Hour Energy with that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My daughter fell out of her bed last night. Muppet.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Sounds like a good time to start.

One of my friends has NEVER had coffee in his life, and refuses to try it even once. How do you know you don't like it if you've never tried it?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

T-Square posted:

How do you know you don't like it if you've never tried it?

Pretty sure I know I wouldn't enjoy getting stabbed... :v:

I have a cold and it blows (snot out of my nostrils).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

T-Square posted:

One of my friends has NEVER had coffee in his life, and refuses to try it even once. How do you know you don't like it if you've never tried it?

my dad is the same way, even claims to hate the smell of it

i mean i can get it if you dont really like the taste...its a bit of an acquired taste. but i cant see how you wouldnt like the smell, its the best

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Pretty sure I know I wouldn't enjoy getting stabbed... :v:

I have a cold and it blows (snot out of my nostrils).

If you had more holes you could expel the snot more easily.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

AdiaBOOtic posted:

About to enter our monthly supervisory meeting where the boss spends and hour and a half covering information that 1) we already know 2) could be covered in twenty minutes. At least it's only monthly, but his PowerPoints are tedium incarnate.

He's a good man, and thourough.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

If you had more holes you could expel the snot more easily.

...or just one big hole??

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

BraveUlysses posted:

i mean i can get it if you dont really like the taste...its a bit of an acquired taste. but i cant see how you wouldnt like the smell, its the best

How can you not like the smell of coffee.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Received one phone call today saying that my BX GTi should be ready to drive next week, and another from a well-regarded bodyshop with a quote for doing my Lancia's bodywork at regular prices rather than ITALIAN SPORTS CAR prices. It's safe to say that the mood in the Grakkus household is Excited.

BraveUlysses posted:

I actually don't mind the taste but hate the smell :shrug:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

angryrobots posted:

I had to fire my painter who is a long time friend of mine, working on my remodel project (who is surprised?). I think I did it well enough that we're still friends, and there's a couple things I'll still have him finish up, like the tub reglazing which I am happy with. Unfortunately I think he overestimated both his abilities and available time to work on this project. I suspected this some time ago but he assured me he'd be able to keep up.

I'll spare you the :gonk: pictures but some people just shouldn't work on finishing sheetrock. Trying to find a new contractor today, paint and finish work is pretty much the only thing I'm lacking.

Mood: :eng99:

Sacking builders is something I've gotten very good at since becoming a homeowner

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Traffic court is silly. I got a speeding ticket 3 weeks ago and finally had time to go pay it. No, you can't pay it online, something about too much fraud. So I get there and they want $336. The actual ticket is $171, the rest is court fees. For a court date that hasn't happened yet. Even the clerk knows this is dumb and not correct but the system won't let her change it. Then she sees that my address on the ticket and license don't match. Ticket has my address from my last infraction 10 years ago for some reason. She corrects this and all the fees vanish. I happily pay that amount since I'm pretty sure I was going way faster than what I was clocked at.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BraveUlysses posted:

This is me. Never had it, have never really needed it so why bother with :catdrugs:

I'm doing alright without it, and the amount of people that act personally offended by it makes it fun to perpetuate.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

My brother in law is the same way. No coffee, no soda, nothing, no caffeine ever. I think he's got it right though. I stopped eating lovely and gave up caffeine 2 months ago and now I feel awesome most of the time. Even in the morning. I also lost 25lbs and my blood pressure went from 140something to 120 over 80. The blood pressure is what scared me. It was always 110 over 60. My new doctor is awesome and kicked my rear end into taking care of myself. It rules.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Tired of this neverfuckingending concall. Tired of being low level to full-blown sick and the kid not sleeping reliably which is screwing mostly my wife's sleep.

At least my busted ankle is starting to get much better.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Our internet (4g LTE home service for us backwoods bumblefucks) has not been working for a week. I spent the whole morning on the phone with customer support going over all the steps to try to fix it, which I already tried during the week before calling, with no results. They say there’s nothing left to do but send a technician to the house, for a measly fee of a minimum of $150. And I’ll have to take half a day off waiting for them to arrive. And I already pay $120 a month for 24 gigs of data.

gently caress me! No, wait, gently caress them! I’m looking into just living off of our phones for internet now.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Wrar posted:

Tired of this neverfuckingending concall. Tired of being low level to full-blown sick and the kid not sleeping reliably which is screwing mostly my wife's sleep.

At least my busted ankle is starting to get much better.

Was on a conference call earlier this week to essentially discuss a possible future conference call. It ruled.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Suburban Dad posted:

Mine decided to break her streak of sleeping for 8+ hours straight at night(I know, I am super loving lucky that she sleeps so well) and decided 1am was a better time for a snack than her usual 4-5am time. Then 6am was party time. Currently she is strapped to my chest sleeping soundly as I stand at my desk and try to hack together a slide deck for a talk I got told I need to do on Tuesday, and by the way the slide deck was due last week. I am very disappointed in my ratio of time spent in a terminal vs powerpoint right now. I used to make fun of my mentor for spending too much time in powerpoint, but now she has a super fancy title at google so I guess I might be on the right track?

cakesmith handyman posted:

My daughter fell out of her bed last night. Muppet.

Growing up we slept in bunks on my dad's boat in the summer. My bunk had ~2 foot drop to a table, and apparently I rolled out of it a few times, landed on the table and didn't even wake up. My stepmom would pick me up and put me back in my bunk and I would wake up with no idea why her and my brothers were laughing and asking how I slept.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Previa_fun posted:

Was on a conference call earlier this week to essentially discuss a possible future conference call. It ruled.

And *that* conference call we be in regards to why no one gets any work done.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fell asleep around 4 am, boss called me at 7 am because the safe at work was $80 short. The boss is now aware that I can go from dead asleep in my bed to wide awake and walking through the back door at work in under 10 minutes if he says the right thing. The cherry is he missed the info on his paperwork, I was exactly where I should be. :v:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Trying my best to pull out of this downward spiral I set myself up for. Felt like I was hopeless but past 48 hours I've been "handling poo poo".

2017 I didn't have to worry about money, now divorced and 2018 and poo poo! If I have to dip into my life savings I am going to feel like a complete failure.

AND...7 freaking weeks and no title on the Majesta. They are telling me it could take up to 12 weeks total now WTF! I have always had car titles in TN come within 2 weeks.

I gotta sell some cars and get poo poo done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What cars do you have right now?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

What cars do you have right now?

18 Hyundia
01 Taurus
03 Camry
93 Crown Majesta
93 landcruiser (on the boat)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

shy boy from chess club posted:

My brother in law is the same way. No coffee, no soda, nothing, no caffeine ever. I think he's got it right though. I stopped eating lovely and gave up caffeine 2 months ago and now I feel awesome most of the time. Even in the morning. I also lost 25lbs and my blood pressure went from 140something to 120 over 80. The blood pressure is what scared me. It was always 110 over 60. My new doctor is awesome and kicked my rear end into taking care of myself. It rules.

Wish I could give up caffeine honestly, but having crohn's it's a must have for energy when I need it, otherwise my energy can tank to levels that don't feel good at all. A few cups of coffee a day is just enough to keep my energy up so i can actually get poo poo done. Recently started getting B12 shots too and that's helped a lot, a bit expensive tho.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So a couple nights ago this appeared in my mailbox. Made from Pepper X and Chocolate Pepper X.

I tried some out for lunch today.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wish I could give up caffeine honestly, but having crohn's it's a must have for energy when I need it, otherwise my energy can tank to levels that don't feel good at all. A few cups of coffee a day is just enough to keep my energy up so i can actually get poo poo done. Recently started getting B12 shots too and that's helped a lot, a bit expensive tho.

It was hard at first. I got a huge headache that lasted like 4 days and I never get headaches. I felt the fatigue and was short tempered for a while too but that went away eventually.

Over the counter B12 won't work for you? Like a multivitamin?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Fermented Tinal posted:

So a couple nights ago this appeared in my mailbox. Made from Pepper X and Chocolate Pepper X.

I tried some out for lunch today.

The original Last Dab is delicious. Haven't had the new one. Thoughts?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The original Last Dab is delicious. Haven't had the new one. Thoughts?

I didn't get to try the original and am thusly gonna compare it to the other sauce I've been eating lately. Reaper Squeezins is a bit hotter, but this has more flavour and the burn ramps up rather than just being suddenly there. I was expecting that much of it on that patty to have me breathing fire, especially since that's about twice the amount of Reaper Squeezins I've been putting on things, but it didn't.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

shy boy from chess club posted:

It was hard at first. I got a huge headache that lasted like 4 days and I never get headaches. I felt the fatigue and was short tempered for a while too but that went away eventually.

Over the counter B12 won't work for you? Like a multivitamin?

I take multivitamins already, including a time release calcium because crohn's causes bone loss among other things (yay).

I never really noticed a difference with oral B12, so I tried the shots at the suggestion of my doctor and it has helped. Only problem is now I can tell when it's wearing off and I have to go get a shot at least every two weeks at $25 a pop so it's like my body is dependent on it now (along with the caffeine), but oh well better than being dependent on heroin or something I guess :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea you definitely dont want a heroin habit. Cocaine or meth will be the ones that will give you some pep.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

STR posted:

Austin goons: any DIY junkyards around? Pick n Pull doesn't exist here. :smith:

I'm up north (near 183/360), but don't mind driving a bit. I found a couple on Google, but didn't want to make the drive until I can verify they're (a) still around and (b) decent.

I'm not in Austin, but Row52 shows a whole bunch of yards in your area https://row52.com/Yards/

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

everdave posted:

Trying my best to pull out of this downward spiral I set myself up for. Felt like I was hopeless but past 48 hours I've been "handling poo poo".

2017 I didn't have to worry about money, now divorced and 2018 and poo poo! If I have to dip into my life savings I am going to feel like a complete failure.

AND...7 freaking weeks and no title on the Majesta. They are telling me it could take up to 12 weeks total now WTF! I have always had car titles in TN come within 2 weeks.

I gotta sell some cars and get poo poo done.

Make a list.

Life seems a lot more manageable when you distill it down to a list.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

1) Make a list

:effort:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

spog posted:

Make a list.

You also get a sense of satisfaction when you cross things off. It might sound silly but it can be quite motivational and ensures you break the points down enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

spog posted:

Make a list.

I in fact did and laid out what I needed to do and I went and knocked a bunch of that poo poo out past 2 days. A list is good advice for anyone 100% agree.

• Locked thread