Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Testekill posted:

I believe it essentially translated to area of sickness. Basically nothing healthy could be found and people would get sick from drinking the water in the area.

A bit late, but naturally occurring uranium isn't really very radioactive, but it is horrendously poisonous.

edit: what a fun snipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

New thread title?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Coucho Marx posted:

A bit late, but naturally occurring uranium isn't really very radioactive

With one amazing exception, although that's now even less reactive than most natural uranium.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

GoldStandardConure posted:

The Neon Demon is currently on Netflix.
https://letterboxd.com/cartoonsa/film/the-neon-demon/

tithin posted:

Did anyone listen to am this morning? They had Joyce on and he was chucking a massive tanty and hung up after being asked about the allegations of sexual assault.

"nothing was proven so stop bringing it up, I'm very effective"
I actually thought he was surprisingly articulate. A complete arsehole but not actually a stumbling buffoon.

Don Dongington posted:

Isn't yellowcake mostly inert? Or I guess over a long enough timescale it wouldn't matter, 'mostly' would still kill you.
Yellow cake is significantly more concentrated than the naturally occurring ore. It is the first step in mining refinement. Even then it is still a form of Uranium Oxide but none the less the chemical compound is made up of radioactive isotopes which are just as active as the refined ore. The lower radioactive density due to the oxides and other impurities reduces the dosage per gram.

-/-

Front page of the Tele neatly segues from ignoring the Wentworth result to slandering Phelps for being rich. :allears:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I loving loved The Neon Demon.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://twitter.com/SenKimCarr/status/1055405921369608192?s=20

Apparently many scholars lost their grants because of this.

https://twitter.com/multimimetica/status/1055568853583966208?s=20

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 26, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
JBP this was you wasn’t it

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Unrelated but you can now literally live in your own piss: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/oct/25/liquid-gold-students-make-worlds-first-brick-out-of-human-urine

Whatever happened to ratbag craig

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Some Mardi Gras members want the Liberal float, Scott Morrison, and some commercial organisations banned from next year's parade.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Mandy wrapped up on Monday buddy.

Still 3 more sessions at my local, fucko :smuggo:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Knobb Manwich posted:

New thread title?

yeah do it anidav

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And this is contentious because...

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

And this is contentious because...

this may come as a shock but there are plenty of lgbt people that vote liberal for economic reasons

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Cash Confessions: Father-of-one says he still ‘struggles’ on $300k

AT JUST 31 years old, Phil earns more than three times the national average and has a portfolio of eight investment properties across Victoria.

On face value, Phil’s independent income of $300k sounds like a dream. But the father-of-one says “life would be impossible” if he earnt anything less.

Phil says people don’t understand the lack of benefits he receives for falling into a high income bracket.
“I pay 60 per cent in tax,” he said. “We get no government benefits, my partner doesn’t work, we get nothing for childcare assistance.
“While my income sounds like a lot of money, not having any assistance or welfare brings it down very quickly and people don’t factor that in.
“Our investment properties suck on to a huge amount of discretionary cash, meaning we just don’t seem to have a lot left over at the end of the month.”

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I’m a bit surprised that the cops and military have floats in the Mardi Gras Parade.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...b5f6d0a281bce60

CANDLES

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

quote:

“We don’t spend a great deal,” he explained.

“Buy it if I want something, I will buy it for me or my family. For example, my daughter turned six months old, so I bought her a $500 pair of earrings.

“If there’s a new iPhone that comes out, I will buy it because I want it.

“But now that my partner doesn’t get paid, the finance falls on me. So I try and save the amount she was making each year. I do this by trying to get a better rate on my mortgage and insurance, stopping my gym membership and cutting down our streaming services.”

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

quote:

Phil said he and his wife had only been on two holidays since getting together seven years ago, and while he doesn’t spend much on luxury items — the pair don’t stick to a tight budget for every day living.

“Buy it if I want something, I will buy it for me or my family. For example, my daughter turned six months old, so I bought her a $500 pair of earrings.

“If there’s a new iPhone that comes out, I will buy it because I want it.

:thunk:

edit: ugh, beaten

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Cash Confessions: Father-of-one says he still ‘struggles’ on $300k

AT JUST 31 years old, Phil earns more than three times the national average and has a portfolio of eight investment properties across Victoria.

On face value, Phil’s independent income of $300k sounds like a dream. But the father-of-one says “life would be impossible” if he earnt anything less.

Phil says people don’t understand the lack of benefits he receives for falling into a high income bracket.
“I pay 60 per cent in tax,” he said. “We get no government benefits, my partner doesn’t work, we get nothing for childcare assistance.
“While my income sounds like a lot of money, not having any assistance or welfare brings it down very quickly and people don’t factor that in.
“Our investment properties suck on to a huge amount of discretionary cash, meaning we just don’t seem to have a lot left over at the end of the month.”
gently caress off Phil you scum

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
How are these not parodies?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

How are these not parodies?

Or linked from domain.com.au

I can't wait for the housing crash in Melbourne.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Imagine being the person interviewing him and the sheer amount of self-control it takes to not to beat him to death with his iphone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
at least he pays tax

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

You Am I posted:

Or linked from domain.com.au

I can't wait for the housing crash in Melbourne.

quote:

Phil wrote into news.com.au after reading about Toby’s income woes for our weekly Cash Confessions series, which looks at average Australian income earners and how they spend their money.

Earlier this month, 40-year-old Toby* and his wife Leanne* claimed that their gross income of $215,000 a year wasn’t enough, and that as a young family he will “struggle to make ends meet” each month.
Phil says investing should be at the forefront of all Australian families.

“Always invest what you earn and then spend the leftover,” he said.

Can you relate to Phil? Perhaps you’re a smart saver who tackles everyday expenses a little differently? I’d love to hear from you. Email vanessa.brown@news.com.au and share your story.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
too dumb not to move his income around

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Solemn Sloth posted:

JBP this was you wasn’t it

Those are both my accounts :madmax:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Enough class consciousness to realise you aren't a plutocrat, not enough to realise how much better off you are than the average person.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Jonah Galtberg posted:

this may come as a shock but there are plenty of lgbt people that vote liberal for economic reasons
Not only that but the whole BANNING and lack of solidarity are kind of a big thing for the entire community. Gay nazis are still gay!

Federal ICAC anyone?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Let's see if the greens can get it through this term.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*Buys $500 earrings for a 6 month old*
I'm a real battler. When money's tight, I cancel my Netflix.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Are you even allowed to piece ears of kids that young?

E. Alternatively, lol at 500 dollar clip ons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fucks sake Greens stop running SWERFS

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Synthbuttrange posted:

fucks sake Greens stop running SWERFS

what SWERF popped up this time?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tokamak posted:

*Buys $500 earrings for a 6 month old*
I'm a real battler. When money's tight, I cancel my Netflix.

I bet he has complained that prisoners get free foxtel at least once in his life.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The government just denied Nick McKim a visa to Nauru.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

what SWERF popped up this time?

Kathleen again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Wasn't she forced to backflip on her Nordic model stuff or did she backflip again?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

$500 for a pair of earrings for a six month old is some loving ancien regime poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Lid posted:

Wasn't she forced to backflip on her Nordic model stuff or did she backflip again?

Her last backflip was when the VicLNP adopted the nordic model and she said she wouldn't back it.
It's pretty funny that it took the right wing adopting something in the name of "Protecting Are Children" for her to realise that maybe it wasn't a progressive approach to sex work.

• Locked thread