Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

goferchan posted:

What do you mean? The mods I was talking about seem to drop exclusively on dreaming city reward gear (and they can't be salvaged and reused like normal mods(?

Oh, sorry, was just asking a question in general, not talking about that. Those mods are specific to dreaming city gear and can be exchanged by mods that remove the extra damage taken by doing activities that reward trascendent blessing mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

elpaganoescapa posted:

Do those "enhanced" perks start appearing at some specific level or something? Haven't gotten any weapon or armor with any yet.

enhanced perks only show up on dreaming city/raid gear iirc

there's no specific level it's just pretty rare

And yeah the shards of galanor are fantastic. They aren't quite as consistent as rigs are for tether imo, but blade barrage is better offensive/pvp super so getting even like a third back is huge. And you can pretty easily get all of it back by hitting a big group in pve or a triple in pvp. A++ exotic

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
enhanced perks can also roll on exotics as well

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maker Of Shoes posted:

dear pubbies. stop shooting code of the commander titans in super

please stop

Don't listen to his lies, feed me your bullets and watch me grow fat with strength.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Angry Walrus posted:

enhanced perks can also roll on exotics as well

my Sharts of Galanor rolled with enhanced shotgun reload

it’s wonderful

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Mazerunner posted:

enhanced perks only show up on dreaming city/raid gear iirc

there's no specific level it's just pretty rare

And yeah the shards of galanor are fantastic. They aren't quite as consistent as rigs are for tether imo, but blade barrage is better offensive/pvp super so getting even like a third back is huge. And you can pretty easily get all of it back by hitting a big group in pve or a triple in pvp. A++ exotic

drat, thanks. I'm guessing armor with those perks is one of those things I'm never going to actually get, like Y2 exotics.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only problem with it is how finicky it is. Sometimes I’ll get 4 seconds of trigger after bombing one huge boss, sometimes I’ll only get 2 seconds of trigger from clearing like 10 adds. I can’t tell if it’s damage done, enemies tagged, a combo or what but yeah it’s probably the best hunter exotic in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I decided to do one Crucible match before bed last night and walked away with an Outlaw/Kill Clip Better Devils, so Shaxx is my new best friend.

Unfortunately it has like no range-increasing perks and a handling masterwork, but it's still probably the best-feeling gun I've ever encountered in this game. At least for PvE I doubt I'm letting go of this thing for anything short of an even better roll of the same weapon.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got my butt touched by this guy in quick play last night: https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/psn/IlZeusll

94% QP winrate, 4.1 KD. He was in a 6-stack with multiple not forgottens. We were doing control on the burnout. They went hard on making sure B never capped for either team, I guess to manage spawns and ensure that they could maximize the number of kills they got before winning. It was really rough.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

I got my butt touched by this guy in quick play last night: https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/psn/IlZeusll

94% QP winrate, 4.1 KD. He was in a 6-stack with multiple not forgottens. We were doing control on the burnout. They went hard on making sure B never capped for either team, I guess to manage spawns and ensure that they could maximize the number of kills they got before winning. It was really rough.

yep. that's exactly how you play burnout on control. its a straight shot between A and C which forces the other team outside spawn which inevitably splits them as they try to tackle A and C which are also way easier to defend.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

yep. that's exactly how you play burnout on control. its a straight shot between A and C which forces the other team outside spawn which inevitably splits them as they try to tackle A and C which are also way easier to defend.

Well it sucked rear end! I had second most kills on my team...with 2.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Yeah going outside on Mercury is basically the equivalent of never capping A on Shores.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

To be clear, they capped A, let us cap C, and then made sure B was never capped. Then they stomped us into a paste

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

To be clear, they capped A, let us cap C, and then made sure B was never capped. Then they stomped us into a paste

yeah they went the extra mile to make sure the game didn't mercy you so they could kill you for the most amount of time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Optimal strat is to let team capture two points and have a dummy account in your fire team to rush in and die a lot. Then once scrub team passes the threshold where a mercy can't happen any more they idle the dummy account and go full murder mode.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Yeah Ursas are hella fun in crucible and iron banner because pubbies are dumb. Eventually people are gonna wise up, but until then, even one dude magdumping an AR into your shield is enough to give you nearly a full charge after it's done, so long as you don't actually die before the super is up. It's disgusting and fun and I'm gonna be real sad when it gets nerfed/people wise up to it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bust Rodd posted:

The only problem with it is how finicky it is. Sometimes I’ll get 4 seconds of trigger after bombing one huge boss, sometimes I’ll only get 2 seconds of trigger from clearing like 10 adds. I can’t tell if it’s damage done, enemies tagged, a combo or what but yeah it’s probably the best hunter exotic in the game.

exactly yeah

It seems like it's based on direct knife hits, and kills. And I dunno, I feel like there's maybe something about successive hits on the same dude and/or the second wave counts more or something.

So like if the first wave kills all the adds, you get piddly and If a knife doesn't hit right on but explodes nearby, you get less. Or something I dunno.

Feels like the 'best' would be a large group of red bars and elites, maybe a boss, so that you get a mix of kills and hits on things that can survive the first wave. Or... hell if I know.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/kTY6qdC.gifv

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

What was in the purple?!?!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mazerunner posted:

exactly yeah

It seems like it's based on direct knife hits, and kills. And I dunno, I feel like there's maybe something about successive hits on the same dude and/or the second wave counts more or something.

So like if the first wave kills all the adds, you get piddly and If a knife doesn't hit right on but explodes nearby, you get less. Or something I dunno.

Feels like the 'best' would be a large group of red bars and elites, maybe a boss, so that you get a mix of kills and hits on things that can survive the first wave. Or... hell if I know.

I finished Warmind today and I can confirm that blade barraging the face of that final worm boss would instantly refill my super back to like 95%

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

I hate all of you.

Hey, you already know all the lines for "Bone Krew Raid Night"!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Emron posted:

Haha i play with that dude every now and again when he sees we have a free spot on our firearm. Never says a word.

My stats are better :smug:

About 40 of those losses are black screens, error codes and other general bungie fuckery.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 25, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Also someone posted this on Facebook.

Little does she know if it wasn't for an error code that poo poo would be well on its way to 600 by now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

94% win rate lol. What a scrub.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

Haha i play with that dude every now and again when he sees we have a free spot on our firearm. Never says a word.

My stats are better :smug:

About 40 of those losses are black screens, error codes and other general bungie fuckery.

legit amazed youve only had 40 dropped matches out of almost 6k, especially being in australia

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Also someone posted this on Facebook.

Little does she know if it wasn't for an error code that poo poo would be well on its way to 600 by now.

what were the replies like?

also your kda should be 4.20, you are a bit off

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

what were the replies like?

also your kda should be 4.20, you are a bit off

An interesting selection of "hacker" "cheater" "i need a comp carry" "virgin" and "nah i know him he is legit"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

An interesting selection of "hacker" "cheater" "i need a comp carry" "virgin" and "nah i k ow him he is legit"

What is your highest comp win streak? Dude in BSK has like 125+

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

What is your highest comp win streak? Dude in BSK has like 125+

I'd have to check. But something unimpressive in the 20s i imagine.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

We were raiding earlier this week and this guy joined our LFG post and finished with us. Someone immediately recognized his name as “the guy who is always dunking on me in comp.” I looked him up:
https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/xbl/Cura

He didn’t talk much and had an anime hentai video game girl as his gamer tag.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I had the misfortune of playing against Kumoy, the #2 ranked player on Xbox, during Iron Banner.

It was a brief game!

https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/xbl/Kumoy

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does reserving chaos reach super energy just not work? Canceling early gave me nothing back

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
its been bugged since launch

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I accidentally double tapped the super button once and all it did was completely drain my chaos reach meter

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
It seems to me that they hosed with the haunted forest difficulty. The very first time I tried it, I got to like branch 6 and now I'm having trouble getting to branch 5 with a fully customized mask and like 10 power levels more. I'm getting poo poo like four ogres and an ogre proxy in like the second stage of the third branch. Also, a lot more of gimmicky rooms like the classic all sword knight plus invincible nightmare.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

elpaganoescapa posted:

It seems to me that they hosed with the haunted forest difficulty. The very first time I tried it, I got to like branch 6 and now I'm having trouble getting to branch 5 with a fully customized mask and like 10 power levels more. I'm getting poo poo like four ogres and an ogre proxy in like the second stage of the third branch. Also, a lot more of gimmicky rooms like the classic all sword knight plus invincible nightmare.

It's the same, git gud

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

xzzy posted:

It's the same, git gud

Maybe I do need to git gud

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know my first game went significantly better than any of my later rounds too. Maybe some sort of level scaling thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

rampage :fap:

https://i.imgur.com/uCaFBZZ.gifv