Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

you can get molds made for earplugs or iems at any ear doctor

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Skim Milk posted:

maxima robert has scored a victorty over me

You're fooling yourself if you think there are any winners in this calamity

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

apple has now owned beats for 4 years and all their products are still poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the beats x are adequate

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

yeah apple makes bad hardware and bad software

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

posted from my iPhone

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

it does and apparently because I just did this you can change the .kdb password without putting in the old pw, which is weird, i kind of wish it required a finger and the pw

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckkn phone unloaded my weather app that i use at least weekly and now the widget is gone. i mean i didn’t use the app daily but the widget i did

really fucks me off. i still have gigabytes free. and does ios really have to take up half my phone storage ???

like i don’t mind offload photos and apps except it’s like the phone is paranoid about making sure there is always two gigs free so it offloads pics after a day and apps after a week..

like imagine if you could turn on offload apps but then make it so some apps never offloaded

maybe make a shortcut that opens all the apps each morning to make the OS think they’re often used

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

just got my iPhone xr. it's very nice

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

go play outside Skyler posted:

just got my iPhone xr. it's very nice

im glad you enjoy it, kind xr

das crikstar
Dec 11, 2015

a glitzy recycle bin
steve jobs only ate fruit, and then he got cancer and died. i think thats pretty stupid.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
if he ate wheatgrass instead he'd still be here

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

fuckkn phone unloaded my weather app that i use at least weekly and now the widget is gone. i mean i didn’t use the app daily but the widget i did

really fucks me off. i still have gigabytes free. and does ios really have to take up half my phone storage ???

like i don’t mind offload photos and apps except it’s like the phone is paranoid about making sure there is always two gigs free so it offloads pics after a day and apps after a week..

like imagine if you could turn on offload apps but then make it so some apps never offloaded

maybe make a shortcut that opens all the apps each morning to make the OS think they’re often used

offloading apps is a stupid idea and shouldn't be an option

don't use it

bless

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
get a bigger phone

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

offloading apps is a stupid idea and shouldn't be an option

don't use it

bless

offloading apps is great, automatically doing it is when it can be a problem

current offloaded apps on my phone:

ticketfly
ups
piazza

skype is perfect for that: i do not want it installed and making GBS threads up the normal phone functionality with its garbage, like offering skype calls from someones contacts entry

but if i need to use it i can easily reinstall it and not have to enter my credentials again

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
what the gently caress are you people talking about

is this some android thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It sounds like they've gone a whole level beyond the DYPer thing where you constantly kill apps to save ram -- these brainlords are uninstalling apps that they aren't actively using to save flash memory and then reinstalling them on the spot when needed

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/bzamayo/status/1055832965144551426

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

people are going to become so used to stretched out mobile UIs we'll stop noticing pretty soon

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

It sounds like they've gone a whole level beyond the DYPer thing where you constantly kill apps to save ram -- these brainlords are uninstalling apps that they aren't actively using to save flash memory and then reinstalling them on the spot when needed
it's a setting in ios and is automated. if you turn it on it does what you're saying if/when you're running low on storage. it's bad and dumb and only there for people still using 8 GB phones

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

what the gently caress are you people talking about

is this some android thing

Modern iPhones do not ship fully assembled. You need to purchase a case, several dongles, and cloud storage for them to work properly. For this, people laud Apple as the company that "gets design."

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kobayashi posted:

Modern iPhones do not ship fully assembled. You need to purchase a case, several dongles, and cloud storage for them to work properly. For this, people laud Apple as the company that "gets design."

samsung, htc, huawei, oneplus, and lg have all beaten apple at design 5+years ago and never looked back

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

it's a setting in ios and is automated. if you turn it on it does what you're saying if/when you're running low on storage. it's bad and dumb and only there for people still using 8 GB phones

i didnt turn it on, it started automatically some day

coneptually I dont mind, Id ratheer that than I cant take a photo

only my phone still has over 2gb free

like wait till its full. so ive turned it off

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

carry on then posted:

samsung, htc, huawei, oneplus, and lg have all beaten apple at design 5+years ago and never looked back
imagine my surprise to not see the name stymie next to this poo poo post

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

it's impossible for huawei's design to be better than apple since apple is their design department

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

i didnt turn it on, it started automatically some day

coneptually I dont mind, Id ratheer that than I cant take a photo

only my phone still has over 2gb free

like wait till its full. so ive turned it off

flash storage becomes slower when it starts to approach being 100% full.

I’m assuming you have an 8GB phone or something?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
posting on the one true chip page

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

seriously why would anyone buy an iPhone XS instead of a XR? does anyone actually care about dual cameras and ppi?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

posting on the one true chip page
this isnt page 555

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

go play outside Skyler posted:

seriously why would anyone buy an iPhone XS instead of a XR? does anyone actually care about dual cameras and ppi?
theres a reason the xs was released more than a month before anyone could get their hands of the xr :ssh:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the XR is even larger than the already massive XS and telephoto is nice to have.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

50mm is not really "telephoto" fyi but that's about as good as you'll get from a phone

I bought a xs because it's smaller and I like oleds

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the xs/xs maxx are the first iphones with passable screens. like I look at a screen on an older iphone and its embarrassing how bad it is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

the xs/xs maxx are the first iphones with passable screens. like I look at a screen on an older iphone and its embarrassing how bad it is.

congrats on buying iphone excess maximum, which colour did you get

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Lysidas posted:

offloading apps is great, automatically doing it is when it can be a problem

current offloaded apps on my phone:

ticketfly
ups
piazza

skype is perfect for that: i do not want it installed and making GBS threads up the normal phone functionality with its garbage, like offering skype calls from someones contacts entry

but if i need to use it i can easily reinstall it and not have to enter my credentials again
but if you need to use it you can easily reinstall it and not have to deal with any of this edge case nonsense

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i don't want app on my phone unless i need to use it. there must be a way

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol just noticed Messages.app on Mojave still can't display group messages in chronological order

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

congrats on buying iphone excess maximum, which colour did you get

I got the xs not the maxx cause its way too big. I got the dark grey one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

welcome to the social