Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wylie posted:

I had to pause the show to laugh at Randy "Macho Man" Savage NON-International Airport.

Edit: I'm glad I'm not the only one Hulu Live is forking over. What happens at the very end, after the gang lands in Budapest?

Eleanor learns her mom faked her death and she's going to kill her

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

howe_sam posted:

Eleanor learns her mom faked her death and sh 's going to kill her

What

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That sentence was worded ambiguously.

Eleanor learned that her mother faked her own death, and now Eleanor is going to go kill her mother because she is angry about this.

(She's probably not really going to kill her mother.............. probably)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Eleanor learned that her mother faked her own death, and now Eleanor is going to go kill her mother because she is angry about this.

maybe some light strangulation

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh, I got it, that's just such a left turn that... Well, you get it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ok everything about Florida was amazing. :discourse:

eke out posted:

i admit i laughed at

e: They are totally doing My Name Is Earl for a few episodes before the next twist

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 26, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I straight up cackled at the monster truck taxi. Omg.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the Lenny Kravitz concert thing is because there was an incident when his pants broke and his dick came out.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I learned about that from The AV Club's annotated episode guide.

I also learned from that, to my dismay, that Lenny Kravitz has some interesting piercings.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

"French Pressing Nemo" is a good name for an Australian coffee shop, sure, but I feel they completely whiffed on the opportunity for "Grinding Nemo."

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

According to the podcast last week, the bank and grocery store in the show were also Nemo jokes, too.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

amazing. Hulu live can get bent. multiple hiccups and now i don't even get to see the last bit. very quality. much jpegs

Wylie posted:

I had to pause the show to laugh at Randy "Macho Man" Savage NON-International Airport.

Edit: I'm glad I'm not the only one Hulu Live is forking over. What happens at the very end, after the gang lands in Budapest?
If either of you live within 30 miles of broadcasting towers, get an antenna, and you can watch live TV all the time without a subscription.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

pwn posted:

If either of you live within 30 miles of broadcasting towers, get an antenna, and you can watch live TV all the time without a subscription.

Yeah but that would take :effort: (and I wouldn't be able to commercial-skip without buying some sort of live-tv dvr contraption that I'm sure exists as well)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I loved the return of the "multiple reboots" music from Season Two during Chidi's adventures in VR.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Wylie posted:

Yeah but that would take :effort: (and I wouldn't be able to commercial-skip without buying some sort of live-tv dvr contraption that I'm sure exists as well)

its called a tivo

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

its called a tivo
ding!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

thank you janet

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

No, its funny because y'all forgot Bing exists.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I can't believe they didn't pay off the Rick Justice running joke by having them use it on Pillboy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Argue posted:

I can't believe they didn't pay off the Rick Justice running joke by having them use it on Pillboy.

They quite obviously did though

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is it just me or was this episode much more direct than they've been before about Eleanor being bi? She very specifically says 'people' and Janet just says 'exes' when she's talking about ghosting, plus her obvious hitting on virtual Simone. And even her being kind of annoyed at how quickly Chidi dismissed the idea when she threw it out as an excuse he could use.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think they've been indirect about it before, she was pretty explicit about her attraction to Tahani. Hell Tahani was even her soulmate in one of the iterations.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I'm wondering if Pillboi and Jason are actual brothers, since Pillboi and Donkey Doug apparently hang out a lot as well.

Jacksonville was all around amazing and I'd love a Randy "Macho Man" Savage airport t-shirt. The planes swooping in and an outline of a wrestler swooping in with an elbow drop ruled.

A big thing I like is that because they are all doomed, they aren't focusing on being better people. They are just focusing on saving people. So Eleanor will continue to be a garbage person in a lot of regards, and I find that a lot more entertaining/interesting than everyone attempting to be goody-two-shoes about everything.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I love that Pillboi is both his name and his legitimate job title.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I've really behind the idea of them trying to help others instead of improve themselves. It's fun to see this particular group of characters stop working on their various flaws because they don't matter anymore and switch to helping others and in some ways reverting to the behavior that got them sent to the bad place.

I do miss the supernatural/wild effects stuff of the afterlife already, but as this episode showed they can basically do stuff very much in that vein with her VR tech. I also think there's some interesting ground to cover with Janet being able to get them out of basically any perilous situation they find themselves in, at least as long as it's just Earth-based. She could talk a police precinct or individual cops into letting people go, or whip up wild tech to accomplish whatever crazy thing is needed because she knows everything.

If I had to guess, we're going to see them struggling to help more than a handful of people despite having access to Tahani's vast fortune and Janet and Michael's know-how. Then in the finale Michael gets desperate again and convinces Janet to set up a worldwide broadcast that contains proof that the Good Place and Bad Place are real, thus putting most of the planet on the same "can't get in because their motivations would be corrupt" footing as team cockroach. He'll try to force the system to change by exposing it to humanity at large. I could see that being a plan they all get behind as well, it depends on if they think there will be a particular reaction or change of events caused by it to justify risking the damnation of most of humanity.

If it's not that exactly, I have to figure that the season ends with them having just pulled some kind of crazy stunt that's only possible because Janet and Michael are messing around on Earth, and whatever they're doing is causing too much of a ruckus to be ignored and the afterlife steps in to stop it in a major way.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Why did Chidi have to break up with Simone, and why can't Jason ever come back to visit Pillboi?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Phenotype posted:

Why did Chidi have to break up with Simone, and why can't Jason ever come back to visit Pillboi?

He has a huge problem with lying, as well as with withholding the truth. He'd probably eventually break and tell her, dooming her soul to eternity.

Although honestly I would expect her to have pretty good point totals that I imagine nullifying her future point gathering would have just guaranteed her place in the Good Place.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think they've been indirect about it before, she was pretty explicit about her attraction to Tahani. Hell Tahani was even her soulmate in one of the iterations.

Previous episodes kind of felt like it was more going for the 'Tahani's so pretty even straight girls are into her'. Sort of like Leslie's infatuation with Ann on P&R. This is the first time Eleanor being into women was brought up outside that context and it just came off to me like the writers wanting to make it explicit that she is queer.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Donkey Doug being Jason’s dad was a bigger twist than finding out they were in the Bad Place

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

In the podcast, Manny says this whole handshake sequence was made up 10 minutes prior by him and Eugene (Pillboi's actor). That's insane.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I love that the handshake has a trust fall in it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep seeing Eugene Cordero in stuff and he's great.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Supercar Gautier posted:

I love that the handshake has a trust fall in it.

I love that it had a standard trust fall and a forward trust fall in it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

In the podcast, Manny says this whole handshake sequence was made up 10 minutes prior by him and Eugene (Pillboi's actor). That's insane.

Apparently he and the people in Dance Dance Resolution only had like half a day to learn their choreography from the season premiere. Manny's just really, really good at putting this stuff together quickly.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Everything about this show is fantastic

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What's the possibility of Jason's dad and Eleanor's mom hooking up?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

about one in a million so we know it's going to happen.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Going to jail for your son should be worth some Good Place points.

Janet making them look away while she left the room was killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

A big thing I like is that because they are all doomed, they aren't focusing on being better people. They are just focusing on saving people. So Eleanor will continue to be a garbage person in a lot of regards, and I find that a lot more entertaining/interesting than everyone attempting to be goody-two-shoes about everything.

More importantly, they're further damning themselves to save others. Everything they told Pillboi was a lie.

Argue posted:

He has a huge problem with lying, as well as with withholding the truth. He'd probably eventually break and tell her, dooming her soul to eternity.

Although honestly I would expect her to have pretty good point totals that I imagine nullifying her future point gathering would have just guaranteed her place in the Good Place.

It nullifies her future good point gathering because her motives would be corrupt, it doesn't nullify point loss.