Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Something Awful Forums > Video Games > Devil May Cry 5: You have to admire his hustle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It was about time to move on to a new heartthrob

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Coughing Hobo posted:

sorry to interrupt but I found this forward-facing render of dante and he's gorgeous

IRL Dante is also pretty hot. Thank you DMC5 for introducing me to Adam Cowie :swoon:

Relatedly, IRL Nero, Nico, Lady, Trish, and V.

Also :lol: at Dante's allowance.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I like to imagine Nero's side of the business is successful because when people meet him, they see some punk rocker dude, whereas when they see Dante, they see some loving weirdo who walks around in leather and tacky red leather jackets. Like, why does this rear end in a top hat have so many red leather jackets? Is he a cosplayer?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Nero is probably grounded enough to ask for financially sustainable rates.I don’t know if Dante even needs food. Maybe he eats as a hobby

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^ I'd like to see Dante go to a Cosplay event and come 3rd in a Dante lookalike contest.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Nero was raised in a church and is in a relationship with a woman who was sister of a man who basically ran an entirely military wing of said church, on top of being a beloved public figure herself. He also has a known technical mind and has many skills that could make money on the side if necessary.

Dante was raised by a demon and an Umbral Witch. He knows how to hit things and maybe what S&M is.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
All that tells me is that Kyrie is the real money maker in the relationship and both Nero and Dante should be hobos.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Nero's just bumming off his friend Nico, we all know who really makes the big bucks here

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

Dante gets paid poo poo but the pizza place is besieged by demons 24/7 so he gets a lot of freebies from them

God, I can't stop imagining a pizza place with demons just kind of hanging around outside on the sidewalk, or rummaging through the dumpsters, or snarling at employees on break. Complete with the drivers muttering in annoyance as they sidestep scythe swings running back inside to pick up another delivery. The poor confused new hire is worried and wondering what the hell is going on, but one of the old hands reassures him.

"It's cool, it's cool.... the boss knows a guy. Works real cheap."

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Flytrap posted:

Dante was raised by a demon and an Umbral Witch. He knows how to hit things and maybe what S&M is.

I don't know if it's irrational or not but I really hate this and am glad it's not in any of the actual DMC games. It hits the same things as dmc s dante being angel&demon. I really prefer that the reason Dante , Virgil and Nero are actually awesome is that they are half just regular human instead of all super special. It also makes the Dante "picking" human and Vergil demon actually have a point.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Dante was raised by really nice, retired succubi who taught him how to accessorize and flaunt his looks. They would tease the hell out of him constantly and he'd always shy away, making the game fun to the demon ladies and making sure Dante never knew how to start a relationship.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Video game protagonists becoming fathers as a thinly veiled reflection of developers getting old and having kids is a garbage trend and I'm glad Dante is incapable of progressing a relationship to the point where that might feasibly happen. Crazy uncle is the only possible role Dante was ever meant to fill.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Video game protagonists becoming fathers as a thinly veiled reflection of developers getting old and having kids is a garbage trend and I'm glad Dante is incapable of progressing a relationship to the point where that might feasibly happen. Crazy uncle is the only possible role Dante was ever meant to fill.

inb4 V is actually Dante's and Lady's son....somehow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dante already has a daughter and he's the only parental figure Nero's had in his life, he is as much a dad as he can be without having a sired a child of his own.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 26, 2018

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dante is strictly deadbeat stepdad material.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

TriffTshngo posted:

It's also a reflection of the people playing them getting old, gotta pass on the torch eventually.

Dante is very much the cool Uncle that always comes to family gatherings that still hasn't settled down even though he's in his 40s.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Dante was raised by a pizza

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

gently caress was kinda busy the last few weeks. Just saw Dante's weapons. Holy poo poo this game is gonna be fun.

Extra points for Dante doing Jojo poses.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dante’s mom being an Umbral Witch is fine because Umbral Witch is a job or character class, it’s not her species. Dante is still half human, it just explains why Sparda would have ever noticed or cared about her in the first place.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Bust Rodd posted:

Dante’s mom being an Umbral Witch is fine because Umbral Witch is a job or character class, it’s not her species. Dante is still half human, it just explains why Sparda would have ever noticed or cared about her in the first place.

I was about to ask if I missed something in Bayonetta lol.

TriffTshngo posted:

I still remember when every series worked like Street Fighter does so I don't mind it like how are they not caught up to 3 still it's been years.

Jack Trades posted:

inb4 V is actually Dante's and Lady's son....somehow.

He's from the future ,come on that's video games 101

Captain Baal posted:

Dante already has a daughter and he's the only parental figure Nero's had in his life, he is as much a dad as he can be without having a sired a child of his own.

Wait who is the daughter in this scenario? Trish comes off as older sister and he tried to kiss Lady so that'd be weird.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 27, 2018

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SirKibbles posted:

Wait who is the daughter in this scenario? Trish comes off as older sister and he tried to kiss Lady so that'd be weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCT6OlbEzeA

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

Dante was raised by a pizza

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I forgot about her it's been ages since I've seen the anime...that's for the best if memory serves. Except for this I want it in DMC 5 as DLC so bad

Future in my hands

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

I forgot about her it's been ages since I've seen the anime...that's for the best if memory serves. Except for this I want it in DMC 5 as DLC so bad

Future in my hands

gently caress.
It's been literal ages since I've heard that song. It's v good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's a lot of really good music in the DMC anime, in general. I've been rewatching and it's honestly pretty alright if you're cool with seeing Dante in his day to day rather than cool demon killing Dante. So far the Trish & Lady and Dante gets stalked by a dude trying to hit on this waitress are the highlights. Also Patty's pretty fun too.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 27, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i also like the dmc anime for those reasons

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the dmc anime is the missing link between kamiya dante and itsuno dante

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Dante will never conceive a child but will eventually run a Kiryu style orphanage in Hell.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Is hell just the demon realm or is it also where you go when you die? All those in-game currencies are weak dead people right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Billzasilver posted:

Is hell just the demon realm or is it also where you go when you die? All those in-game currencies are weak dead people right?

IIRC demon blood crystallizes when a demon that holds a really big grudge or hatred against someone dies, which is why you get more red orbs for killing demons at higher style ranks, they're pissed at you for styling on them so effortlessly

edit: I may have this confused for something from Okami but I feel like DMC has the same thing in its lore

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

So DMC4 is still a broken mess on PC right?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

It never was. It was generally regarded as a great port back when it came out.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't think DMC4 was ever a broken mess on PC

edit: gently caress

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
special edition doesn't run on toasters like regular DMC4 does because of the gross new visual filters they put on everything but it's fine otherwise

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

You are probably thinking of 3. They re-ported it as part of the HD Collection. It's still not a good port but at least you can use a controller now, for gently caress's sakes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I could never get 3 to work via Steam, 4 was no issue at all though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The talk of the special edition of 4 being bad is just people with bad computers from 1999.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

some people play dmc4 with a keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I’m playing DMC 1 on the HD collection and the sound in cutscenes are a little bit ahead of what’s happening on screen for the voiced cutscenes. Has anyone made a patch to fix this yet?