Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a big part of giorno is just him kind of setting off on his own and being his own person. he's dio's kid but it doesn't define him and other than some personality traits people might pick up on he won't be really 'attached' to his past connections and is very driven towards his goal of taking over the mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Johnny Joestar posted:

a big part of giorno is just him kind of setting off on his own and being his own person. he's dio's kid but it doesn't define him and other than some personality traits people might pick up on he won't be really 'attached' to his past connections and is very driven towards his goal of taking over the mafia.

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to compare that to Dio and how he tries to do that (wrt Dario, and then the Joestars) but can't quite seem to pull it off.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OBIlJfLGI

gold eXPerience

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BaDandy posted:

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to compare that to Dio and how he tries to do that (wrt Dario, and then the Joestars) but can't quite seem to pull it off.

dio probably could have done it if he wasn't a power-hungry lunatic who took even the tiniest slight as a mortal offense

he mellowed out(a bit, sometimes) after 100 years in the ocean, but still

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Friday

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm so horny

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 26, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the funniest thing about that pic is that handsome pic of araki combined with "my younger sister is in her 50's"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Expect My Mom posted:

the funniest thing about that pic is that handsome pic of araki combined with "my younger sister is in her 50's"

I wonder if immortality runs in the family and his sister genuinely looks even younger than he does.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm glad the araki family are just a bunch of weirdos

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wonder if immortality runs in the family and his sister genuinely looks even younger than he does.

It's plastic surgery, I'm sorry

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
To answer last Friday's question about stand name localization... 「SHADOW SABBATH」

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The full beatdown theme is great.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not done with the episode yet, but Black Sabbath doing jump scare poses at Giorno whenever he touched the shadow was funny. Also, that transition of it fading into the shadows while being covered by the bucket of water looked great.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I even read the first few chapters of Part 5...and I had completely forgotten about the fantastic banana trick from this episode.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not done with the episode yet, but Black Sabbath doing jump scare poses at Giorno whenever he touched the shadow was funny. Also, that transition of it fading into the shadows while being covered by the bucket of water looked great.

Absolutely agreed. Animators are doing great work

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Giorno is a straight up stone cold gang-star with a heart of gold.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The transition from Polpo blowing his brains out to the ending theme. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When does the soundtrack come out, so I can listen to the beatdown theme forever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i changed
your gun
into a banana

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

green-and-pink black sabbath is a real good look

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ooga booga booga!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I really liked the shots with the enhanced contrast in this episode. Black Sabbath's shadow transitions were pretty neat too. Hope this quality keeps up all season.

Pictures linked directly from twitter like this never show up for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Dragonwagon posted:

I really liked the shots with the enhanced contrast in this episode. Black Sabbath's shadow transitions were pretty neat too. Hope this quality keeps up all season.

Pictures linked directly from twitter like this never show up for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Turn off tracking protection in firefox.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Holy poo poo Giorno owns a lot

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
bananas are pretty good

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It begins my dudes.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

RubberLuffy posted:

bananas are pretty good
Very high in iron.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It begins my dudes.

I see they debut in Episode 4. :v:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It begins my dudes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Passione means family

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had been kinda on the fence about this adaptation but this was a really solid ep all around and it coming a few weeks in has me hopeful for a continued level of quality like this. really excited that the crew is finally going to assemble next week

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Wait why isn't it on crunchyroll yet

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
As it turns out, the JoJos are good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That was so drat good.
Giorno's theme loving rules

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
there was some good rear end animation this ep

also i will never not laugh at that ED

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In hindsight, I think Koichi is a rare example of a character not being nerfed outside of their introductory part.

Compared to Jotaro losing the ability to stop time for five full seconds or Joseph becoming less capable of guile, Koichi pretty much performs as he did in Part 4.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjGGgXPy-oI

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In hindsight, I think Koichi is a rare example of a character not being nerfed outside of their introductory part.

Compared to Jotaro losing the ability to stop time for five full seconds or Joseph becoming less capable of guile, Koichi pretty much performs as he did in Part 4.

Koichi's ability isn't plot derailingly powerful though, it's just a fairly standard Stand power. Reverb Act 3 doesn't stop entire storylines by merely existing like Star Platinum's extended time stop or Joseph's trickery.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Koichi's high watermark for most of Part 4 was expository character so its kind of hard to nerf him when he's an expository character in Part 5

and Joseph is still pretty full of guile in Part 3, but it turns out when you spend a ton of time trying to kill vampires and super vampires with sunlight and then are forced to fight people...that aren't vulnerable to sunlight...well...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that in the manga the janitor was Mario and in the anime he is Luigi