Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Spoeank posted:

one of these might be a contender for the crown

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1054745663697604608

Conversely the Rams next 4 games

Vs. Packers
@ Saints
Vs. Seahawks
Mexico City Vs. Chiefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That rams chiefs game in mexico city is going to be absolutely lit. I wish I could go.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leperflesh posted:

That rams chiefs game in mexico city is going to be absolutely lit. I wish I could go.

Same, I was thinking maybe I would but Mexico City is farther away than I thought and if I flew the whole thing would get up to being around 700 bucks or so.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1054822682821386240

Love my big wet football team.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ricky Proehl's son signed onto the Rams PS

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1054838330666364928

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fun fact Mexico City is closer to KC than LA.

Also if you're feeling bad about missing you could also watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga5ddObB7Ys

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

geography crazy

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I saw this earlier today. What's this all about? I thought they had high hopes for Mitchell?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ricky Proehl was one of my favorite players in old-school Madden just because you'd call some random curl route and he'd be wide open every time

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I saw this earlier today. What's this all about? I thought they had high hopes for Mitchell?

No ones really saying much other than he just got released. I thought they were looking to another another WR to the practice squad just in case someone else on the roster goes down. JoJo Natson is a fine returned but there's no way he should be taking WR snaps.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

No ones really saying much other than he just got released. I thought they were looking to another another WR to the practice squad just in case someone else on the roster goes down. JoJo Natson is a fine returned but there's no way he should be taking WR snaps.

I'd love to see Natson get some looks actually. He's quick enough to beat man coverage, they could use him as a YAC tackle-beating kind of short-to-intermediate-throw guy. Even though he's tiny he can presumably get open with that quickness. All of this assumes that he can catch and has a decent grasp on the position.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Mexico City has really good, cheap food, though.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Mexico City has really good, cheap food, though.

Also air that makes you get black lung when you step off the plane.

Seriously that air is worse than China and India.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I asked because I thought maybe I missed something, but I guess I didn't. If Mike Thomas comes back from IR, then the someone between KhaDarel Hodge, Nick Williams, and Austin Proehl will go to the practice squad/be released.

JoJo Natson is a good replacement for Pharoh Cooper, but if Cooper makes it back from IR, I gotta believe Natson goes back to the practice squad.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I asked because I thought maybe I missed something, but I guess I didn't. If Mike Thomas comes back from IR, then the someone between KhaDarel Hodge, Nick Williams, and Austin Proehl will go to the practice squad/be released.

JoJo Natson is a good replacement for Pharoh Cooper, but if Cooper makes it back from IR, I gotta believe Natson goes back to the practice squad.

I've liked Natson in that role better than Cooper. Not sure I'll ever forgive Cooper for handing that playoff game to the Falcons, and Natson is just so electric. Even beyond Cooper fumbling I think Natson is the more naturally talented returner.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Oh man, Jared Goff was 10 years old when Aaron Rodgers was drafted, that's a mindfuck

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1055516056687538176

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DariusLikewise posted:

Oh man, Jared Goff was 10 years old when Aaron Rodgers was drafted, that's a mindfuck

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1055516056687538176

It sucks so bad that the 2004 Cal Bears team didn't break through, it was so close. Aaron Rodgers under center, Marshawn Lynch lining up behind him. They had four downs on the goal line at the end of the fourth quarter to punch it in against Pete Carroll's #1 USC and couldn't do it. They won all their other regular season games, then got hosed out of the Rose Bowl by the BCS after Mack Brown publicly pleaded for votes for Texas. Their best receiver got hurt and they lost to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl looking like they'd rather be anywhere else.

My Dad has been waiting since the Eisenhower administration for another Bears Rose Bowl and that may be the closest they'll come in his lifetime.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Mack Brown's whining made me hate Texas more than any other school and hmm i think i still do hate them a lot

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DariusLikewise posted:

The worst game of all time was that Rams-49ers tie game like 6 years ago

gently caress you, tie games are awesome just on principle.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Decided to pull up some Shaun Alexander "highlights" while perusing YouTube. Man, such beautiful offensive line play, brings a tear to my eye:

https://youtu.be/m0TGqou81T0

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah I'm also not buying tie games being the worst games ever because there is some amount of intrinsic value to a tie, being relatively rare

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Going to the Niners-Rams tie game live was the worst sports experience of my life and I was at the 49ers losing to the giants in the NFCCG (motherfuckingsuperbowl.gif) and 49ers legend Richard Sherman eating a big ol turkey leg on the 50.

At least I had resolution to those games. Ties, not so much.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Tie games are great, if you aren't rooting for either team.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tie games because a kicker doinked one off the uprights are always loving amazing.

Edit: actually I'm not sure if a tie has ever happened off a doink. Games lost off a missed kick are hilarious still though

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 26, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Seahawks Cardinals double miss has to be the best, unless there is a triple miss somewhere in history

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

And I know that video above might not look like much, but man … just being on the field, digging my cleats into the grass, moving my body and sweating from something other than a paralyzing migraine….

I knew right then that Sam Shields was gonna be back.

So I got back on my grind and had my agent put the word out.

“I’m baaaaack,” I told him. “Better let ’em know!”

Two teams showed interest in working me out: the Browns and the Rams. I had seen the things the Rams had done in 2017, and I thought, Man, I could really be a part of that.

Usually, when a team brings you in for a workout, it’s for one day. You come in, you work out, and their people call your people if they’re down.

The Rams kept me there for like three or four days. They ran all kinds of tests to make sure my head was right and I was healthy enough to play. I had already been cleared by doctors, but the Rams did their due diligence, for sure.

Then, on the day of my actual on-field workout, I thought there would be a couple of people — maybe the head coach, the D-coordinator and the DBs coach — but the whole drat staff was out there. I asked one dude why so many people were there, and he said, “We’ve all seen you play, and we love your game. We just wanted to be out here to watch you.”

The first drill we did was a ball-tracking drill. I lined up, the coach hiked the ball, I stayed low and backpedaled out, and when the coach brought the ball up to his shoulder to indicate pass, I flipped my hips, turned and ran.

As I was running, I heard somebody yell out, “That’s it!”

It was Coach McVay.

“That’s all we need to see,” he said. “We’re good here. Call your agent and let him know we’re ready to sign you.”

I was like, “Shiiiiiiit, I’m ready, too!”

That was that. I came back the next day and met with the staff, and everybody was extra real with me throughout the whole process. No bullshit. They told me right off the bat that they were about to trade for Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters, so they’d be pretty stacked at corner. But I hadn’t put pads on in 16 months, man. I wasn’t even thinking about defense. I just wanted to get back on the field on special teams and prove to myself and everybody else that I could still ball.

I told them straight up, “You give me an opportunity, and I’m gonna ride for you.”

And we did the deal.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

algebra testes posted:

The Seahawks Cardinals double miss has to be the best, unless there is a triple miss somewhere in history

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

DariusLikewise posted:

The worst game of all time was that Rams-49ers tie game like 6 years ago

Cardinals 6-6 tie from two years ago

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Steve wilks is the worst god drat coach and I hope he’s in a car accident soon. Not one where he’s injured anyway but it makes him reevaluate his life and decide football isn’t worth it and he retires early

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sam-shields-rams

Worth reading. I'm constantly torn about this dumb sport and the horrible things it does to the players, but it's really hard for me to read what Sam has to say and then spout off about how he shouldn't be playing any more, it's not worth it, he should think of his family and retire and find something else to be passionate about.

There's no way this guy doesn't understand the risks. It's worth it to him. I just hope to hell he doesn't take any more hits to the head, drat.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

"When you realize jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks ... good?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens have given up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
No thread is safe.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
2 Bird Teams over here, Kawalimus is naturally drawn

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens have given up.

That's some goddamned bullshit. You'll give the Saints everything you've got, but you'll roll over for the loving Panthers?

e: sorry, thought I was in the GDT.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 28, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1056645202377621505

Hell yeah

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I love our punter so much. Also this happened

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooSpo...-184557803.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SAN

FRAN

CISCO

FORTY

NINERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
THE CARDINALS HAVE WON THE FOOTBALL GAME. THEYRE GOING TO THE SUP....REMELY AWESOME RECORD OF 2-6. 500 IS ON THE TABLE THIS SEASON!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO