Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Speaking of running out of space - the realm pulls are up. I did some for realms I'm feeling a little underrepresented in, made off like a modestly successful bandit:

I: WoL USB2, Garland OSB
VI: Leo USB, Celes BSB2
IX: Zidane USB1 (dupe), Beatrix BSB1 (dupe), Steiner LMR (dupe), Freya BSB
XIV: Papalymo OSB, Thancred BSB2, Alphinaud BSB (dupe), Estinien LMR
0: Deuce USB, Rem LMR2 (dupe), Seven LMR

Might do II at some point, I'm lightish on stuff in that realm though not horribly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Taking it slow on the Realm draws myself, so as not to burn out all my mythril for the next month with XIV coming up. I did pull on Tactics though, looking for Agrias imperils..

MISSION SUCCESS (and a good lmr too!)

Also went in on the full throttle draw.

Very successful night, AOSB is a dupe but still a +lit sword, and a chain is a chain. Firion SSB, whatever

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Full Throttle: Noel BSB :rolleye:
V: Krile BSB (dupe), Krile LMR (dupe), Lenna BSB x2, Bartz BSB1 (I think)
VII: Rude BSB :(
VIII: Fujin AOSB, Fujin OSB, Selphie LMR

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

V: Krile OSB, Kelger LMR. Nothing great, but more Krile. Kelger's isn't bad, but he's not one of the doublecast ninja.
XV: Dupes
FFT: Montblanc LMR, Rapha BSB. Rapha can see some use, she's one of my lightning mages.
0: Ace LMR. Interesting materia (blink on black magic) but my only Ace thing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For the Full Throttle, I don't have any of those Bonus Relics. Is there a Best One To Get?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol of loving course i get another missing piece for both buttz and cloud (i now have 12 soul breaks for cloud, 10 for Buttz)

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

If I'm remembering right, this is a hybrid earth boost glove, making it pretty useful for ninjas and Red XIII if you're going to try to DPS with him because he has your earth chain.

Speaking of earth ninjas...

Bruceski posted:

V: Krile OSB, Kelger LMR. Nothing great, but more Krile. Kelger's isn't bad, but he's not one of the doublecast ninja.

Kelger is a chain beast if you have his USB - if he has two pblinks up he's getting eight hits off the chase, plus the seven from the actual ability, so that's fifteen hits roughly every two seconds if he's got the quickcast from dive up. I use him for Ixion and he just melts him. I like that style of LMR for fights with moderate levels of physical attacks, makes it easier to recover from having your blinks getting eaten.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
pulls incoming!

Daily pull!

This seems like a really cool holy USB, and I really need these!

Threw some money at DeNA to pick up XI gear in the FULL THROTTLE

Not the worst BSB in the world, now FFI is the only realm I have left without a good medica!

FFVIII realm, let’s go Quistis stuff!

Darn. At least the BSB is a dark radiant shield and a chance to pop last stand on someone seems neat too.

Now, can I join everyone else that plays this game and finally get Orlandeau 6*?

:suicide:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

For the Full Throttle, I don't have any of those Bonus Relics. Is there a Best One To Get?

They're all BSBs/OSB's so none of them are gonna be MEGA useful, you may want to pick for healer choice - I recommend Type-0 for Deuce BSB, very handy party buff + healing, and Ace's BSB can do neat stuff since it gives instant party phys blink

THAT SAID, FF8 would give squall BSB2 which is one of the best damage BSB's in the game (supposedly, I dont have it :rip:) so you may want that so you can have a good physical Ice attacker. And Terra or Papalymo are both solid choices for starter fire mages that come with good healer BSB's. Ultimately you can make a case for any of them, again, none of these are gonna carry you to the endgame, though squall's pick is arguably the strongest in that regard. And FF4's is the weakest by far.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Realm pulls:
4: Kain AOSB, Rosa USB, Yang LMR
13: Lightning USB, Cid Raines USB (dupe)
Pretty freaking incredible, two 6* in a row? Some top tier stuff. I was just working on my team for the FF4 torment and had to use an off-realm healer. This will make things considerably easier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Welp, I went ham on all the realm banners. Here's my haul because I know everyone wants to hear me nitpick about the actual good things I got:

FF1: 2x WoL AOSB - Dupe.
WoL BSB - I already have his GSB for enholy. +holy armor, but I already have plenty of that and shields are meh.
Matoya LMR - At least I have something for her (SSB).

FF2: Ricard LMR - Nothing else for him :smithicide:

FF3: Ingus CSB - I already have Galuf's 2.0 chain, but I guess this will be nice if I need Last Stand too
Luneth BSB - Dupe. +wind spear, but not much use for those.
Arc BSB2 - I only have two other magic enholy SBs (Rem and Hope) so this is nice.

FF4: Barbariccia USB - Probably the best one in the haul. Alphie is only other wind mage. +wind magic dagger too.
Golbez USB - Just an upgraded SSB. Also the novelty of a magic axe.
DCecil LMR - Seems subpar for a trance LM.

FF5: Galuf CSB - Dupe.
Krile OSB - Decent.
Bartz BSB1 - The original, non-elemental entry piece of garbage. Also a dupe.
Exdeath BSB - I only have one other source of dark imperil (Kuja BSB1). +dark rod.
Gogo BSB - Rydia is my only other water mage. +water rod.
Lenna BSB1 - Dupe.

FF6: 2x Locke CSB - I already have Greg's 2.0 chain.
Terra OSB - Dupe.

FF7: Aeris USB1 - Dupe.
Aeris BSB2 - This would be really cool if Torment Jenova did any dark damage. +holy rod though.
Yuffie BSB1 - Dupe.

FF8: Squall OSB - Dupe.
Edea BSB - Dupe.
Seifer LMR - Really good since I have his CSB.

FF9: Amarant LMR - Nothing else for him :smithicide:

FF10: 2x Rikku USB2 - A huge improvment over my only other source of water imperil (Yuffie BSB2).
Auron BSB1 - Dupe.
Yuna BSB2 - Dupe, but also +holy light armor.
Wakka LMR - Garbage.

FF11: Shantotto AOSB - Dupe.
Shantotto BSB - Exactly what I need for the AOSB.

FF12: Vaan USB1 - Nonelemental garbage, though it will probably see some use with the new 6* thief abilities.

FF13: Hope OSB - Dupe.
Sazh LMR - Dupe.

FF14: Cid BSB - An earth imperil for a character who has no earth abilities :thumbsup:

FF15: Aranea BSB - Decent. +lightning helmet.
Ignis LMR - Dupe.

FFT: Montblanc LMR - Nothing else for him :smithicide:

FF0: Deuce USB - Raise sucks. Instant heal and bubble is good though.
2x Rem LMR2 - Decent.

In all I got a few neat new toys, and SBs for a few characters I had nothing else for (Barb, Vaan, Aranea). 3 pulls that got me an LMR for a character I have nothing else for.

Was it worth 255 mythril? I'd lean towards yes.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 27, 2018

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm going to slam all of my mythril into the realm draws and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Unfortunately, right now that means only three pulls. Decided to start at the end and work my way up, RoP style:

T0: Ace LMR1, Deuce USB, Sice BSB. The burst is the only nondupe here, and, uh, what a weird entry. My physical dark team is kind of janky, if effective, so I might actually be able to find room for this. +dark armor is a nice bonus, though I had three pieces already.

Tactics: Ramza BSB2, Marche LMR. Both dupes, not exactly off to a great start here...

XV: Prompto BSB+USB, Ignis LMR, Noctis USB. These, on the other hand, are all new, though I don't have anything else for Iggy. Incidentally, I now have eight unique pieces of +fire armor, two of which have been combined once. Please send help.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Ayndin posted:

If I'm remembering right, this is a hybrid earth boost glove, making it pretty useful for ninjas and Red XIII if you're going to try to DPS with him because he has your earth chain.

Good to hear! And at least it's a +earth relic.

Full Throttle: Noel BSB :rolleye:
III: Refia BSB dupe, Ingus LMR
V: Krile BSB (dupe), Krile LMR (dupe), Lenna BSB x2, Bartz BSB1 (I think)
VI: Kefka BSB, Cyan BSB
VII: Rude BSB 
VIII: Fujin AOSB, Fujin OSB, Selphie LMR
X: Paine USB, Auron USB

I've been drinking tonight so I accidentally did a 50 mithril pull on FFV while meaning to pull on FFVI. But I got:
Bartz AOSB, Bartz Water BSB, Gilgamesh BSB (dupe) and Gogo BSB.

Any ideas on my Full Throttle selection? I'm stuck between getting Bartz OSB and Squall OSB. My Bartz has BSB1, fire BSB, water BSB, GSB and AOSB, while Squall has SSB, BSB2, LMR and USB2, plus I have Laguna with his imperil ice USB. Maybe I should wait to see if I pull Bartz AASB in March...

private message fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 27, 2018

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Interesting results.

Full Throttle: Seymour USB
Type-0: Deuce LMR, dupe Machina USB
FF1: Wol USB, WoL USB2, Garland Chain
FF3: Ingus BSB1, Aria LMR
FFIX: Freya BSB, dupe Eiko BSB
FFXII: Ashe USB, Balthier BSB1

Can't say I'm mad with it as a start, especially that insane pull on FF1. Especially delightful because I pulled Seph's AOSB out of the Daily Draw a day or so ago and have all of Sice's kit, so I'm tempted to build a full dark team now.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

My collection was a strange concoction after I threw mythril at 11 realms, but my highlights were Reks/Quina/Garland/Marche USB and Rikku CSB. Somehow I still don't have a magic chain, unfortunately. It's a constant thorn in my side against the spiteful design of 5* magicites. But if I instead have three of the V2 physical chains, plus Zack's chain to combine with Cloud USB1/BSB2/AOSB? Eh, I shouldn't complain too much.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

Somehow I still don't have a magic chain, unfortunately.

:same:

I'm also still missing a water or holy chain.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Funny how fate works

Drew on the 15 pull for FF4
Got golbez super chain, Rydia BSSB dupe, Barb LMR, and lo and behold Rydia USB2. Spent 450 mythril for that few weeks ago and didnt get it, spent 15 now and get it.
This has been a loving fantastic week for my Rydia lunacy. Got her 35 in Dissdia, good amount of cool and clean fanart found, she killed a Tekken, and now I got her USB2.

FF1 netted me Wol Chain dupe
FF2 netted me Leon BSSB and Gordon USB for torments
FF5 gave me Dorgan USB, Xezat LMR, Bartz Earth Burst, Krile BSSB
FF6 Terra USB, Cyan Ultra, Locke LMR dupe, Gogo Burst, Edgar Burst
FF9 netted me 5 5*'s: 2 Garnet BSSB,1 Steiner LMR, Eiko LMR, FLAMMING Amarant Bssb
FF10 gave me Auron USB2 and Yuna LMR
FF15 Noctis USB and Iris USB
Tactics Marche BSSB dupe
Type-0 gave me Queen OSB dupe

all in all fantastic, so far.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 27, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Looking for holy and dark chains..

Ff8: ultimecia OSB, Quistis OSB (dupe), edea LMR, fujin LMR

Ff4: Kain CSB (dupe), edge USB (dupe), Rosa bsb (dupe)

Hmmm.... :/

Ff1: garland AOSB

FFT: Agrias USB

No chains :(

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 27, 2018

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
This was a pretty good realm pull. :stare:

(Only the Luneth LMR was a dupe)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Full Throttle gave me a dupe LMR and two SSBs, but I got the 0 set so now I'm pretty great in that realm.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Speaking of that, I haven’t looked at the Full Throttle banner because it said gems only, but I have 500 of those for some reason (I’ve never bought any) and thats the price of an 11 pull. Worth it? Do gems only banners cost 500 instead of the usual 3.000?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

Speaking of that, I haven’t looked at the Full Throttle banner because it said gems only, but I have 500 of those for some reason (I’ve never bought any) and thats the price of an 11 pull. Worth it? Do gems only banners cost 500 instead of the usual 3.000?

The full throttle is deeply discounted. It’s very much worth it if you’re ok spending gems and are interested in any of the selection sets.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

those selection sets are pretty disappointing. I was thinking I'd get maybe 1 or 4 just because I don't have anything for wol or pecil even though the medicas are both dupes. Other than that the only realm I don't have a medica for is 7 but both those cloud relics are dupes

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jump start: Meia OSB, Squall BSB2 (dupe), Firion/Minwu package.
FF3: Ingus LMR, OK mUSB, Aria USB.
FF5: Xexat dc LMR, Faris ultra,
FF13: Hope OSB, Raines lovely LMR
FF9: Marcus BSB, Beatrix OSB, Eiko BSB (dupe)
FFT: Ovelia DC LMR, Ramza nuChain, Ramza BSB1 (dupe), Agrias SSB (dupe)

so overall I made out like a loving bandit. One disco on every pull, minimum, even if some of them were OSBs and thus just more stat. Unfortunately, I have two holy chains and both are phys. :rip: warrior of light, you never got to be good for me.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FF7 pull got me Zack’s Chain, Yuffie USB, and Tifa OSB

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

My streak continues! FF6 pull got me a dupe Celes AOSB, but i'm not bummed because it's a rockin' +ice sword.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I had enough to pull on all the realms but I and XIV. Top prizes were Vivi USB and Krile chain. :woop: The worst was Leo LMR :barf:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Daily draw decided to stop trolling me with 5*s that have no soul break, and instead troll me with Aemo LMR, who I don't have anything else for and probably never will.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Pulled on 5 banners chasing chains and got Rikku's. I'm happy. I also got a bunch of new toys in other realms and very few dupes.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Did a second realm pull today, FFV this time: Lenna USB2, Faris USB2, Faris BSB1. Pretty solid! Had both of their USB1's already, Lenna might be usable agai- oh wait elarra still exists

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FF14: Yshtola BSB dupe, Haurechwhatshisface LMR
FF13: Vanille USB (Proshell, Astra, 2000 hp stock), Sazh USB dupe, Noel LMR, Raines LMR.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Decided to pull on IV, got a dupe Kain chain, Pecil Glint, Ursula BSB.

Ursula has very little stuff to her name so whatever, though I guess she could get the Gau treatment down the road or something. Pecil's glint is actually pretty cool for a character with otherwise mediocre SBs.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
You're all really not helping me resist the temptation to pull on these at all. But I have things to save for, dammit. The pools are massive. I really shouldn't.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Always pull.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Pulled for VII, got Cloud AOSB, Vincent fire chain 2.0 and Yuffie glint. Friggin' stacked pulls, that's 3 for 3 getting two 6*s on these realm pulls.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You're all really not helping me resist the temptation to pull on these at all. But I have things to save for, dammit. The pools are massive. I really shouldn't.

Here's the real talk: if you think you're going to pull on them, just do it now. The longer you wait the more outdated your results will be.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i now have a fifth Ashe’s Defiance

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
They're all BSB or better so for 15 mythril you cant go horribly wrong.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
So far, these banners have been ridiculous.

FF2: Firion BUSB, Minwu USB (Light of Mysidia)
FF5: Faris USB3
FF9: Garnet CSB

Not a single 5*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Haven't gotten anything yet on the realm banners that improves any of my teams and a lot of dupes also. I've pulled on 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, and tactics so far