Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kwyndig posted:

Koichi's ability isn't plot derailingly powerful though, it's just a fairly standard Stand power. Reverb Act 3 doesn't stop entire storylines by merely existing like Star Platinum's extended time stop or Joseph's trickery.

If he kept Echoes to act 2 it would be. This is why Koichi doesn't need nerfing, he was already nerfed in his own part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

If he kept Echoes to act 2 it would be. This is why Koichi doesn't need nerfing, he was already nerfed in his own part.

Koichi can use which act he wants whenever he wants.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Koichi had a completely bonkers ability in Echoes act 2, which could give any object different properties by writing sound effects on it. Then he forgets to ever use it and just makes things heavy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Augus posted:

I appreciate that in the manga the janitor was Mario and in the anime he is Luigi

Luigi has had a rough year.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

YggdrasilTM posted:

Koichi can use which act he wants whenever he wants.

But we've never seen him switch forms.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Monaghan posted:

But we've never seen him switch forms.

He switches to Act 1 during Sheer Heart Attack.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cicadalek posted:

Koichi had a completely bonkers ability in Echoes act 2, which could give any object different properties by writing sound effects on it. Then he forgets to ever use it and just makes things heavy.

eh, in general the ability to lock something in place is arguably more useful, especially if you're paired up with one of the Joestars

plus being limited to sound effects is kind of a nerf in itself, Josuke and Girono's matter manipulation abilities are stronger

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I wonder what the last thing to go through Polpo's mind was. Besides the bullet, that is.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Arist posted:

He switches to Act 1 during Sheer Heart Attack.

he uses it to try and find an escape to the alley in Rirumu's introduction

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

W.T. Fits posted:

I wonder what the last thing to go through Polpo's mind was. Besides the bullet, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well poo poo, I totally forgot about those parts.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
JoJo is still Very Good.

I know we are only 4 episodes in and I have no idea what is going to happen later but so far this might be one of my favourite parts. Really strong (maybe the strongest?) batch of introductory episodes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
koichi forgot he could make other things happen if he played with the sounds of words more but instead he just keeps turning suri (three) into furizu (freeze). take a linguistics class buddy!

in the fighting games, Act 2 is able to put DORARARA on enemies to give them the effect of getting Crazy Diamond punched

exploded mummy posted:

he uses it to try and find an escape to the alley in Rirumu's introduction
why did you write Reimi like this

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 26, 2018

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

exploded mummy posted:

plus being limited to sound effects is kind of a nerf in itself, Josuke and Girono's matter manipulation abilities are stronger

Not in Japanese it isn't. Onomatopoeia for everything, even things that don't reasonably make sounds

e: a recent example from my hero academia, from a character whose power is basically act 2:

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 26, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Expect My Mom posted:

koichi forgot he could make other things happen he played with the sounds of words more but instead he just keeps turning suri (three) into furizu (freeze). take a linguistics class buddy!

in the fighting games, Act 2 is able to put DORARARA on enemies to give them the effect of getting Crazy Diamond punched

why did you write Reimi like this

brain fart because of watching the slime isekai, sorry

Act 2 can Dora Dora Dora, but it cant use an ambulance for an alley oop like Act 3. :colbert:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
god that was a good episode

what a fuckin cool stand design, too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

exploded mummy posted:

brain fart because of watching the slime isekai, sorry

Act 2 can Dora Dora Dora, but it cant use an ambulance for an alley oop like Act 3. :colbert:
lol I thought you were just writing her name In The Proper Japanese or whatever and I was like Uhhhhhh

Mister Olympus posted:

Not in Japanese it isn't. Onomatopoeia for everything, even things that don't reasonably make sounds

e: a recent example from my hero academia, from a character whose power is basically act 2:

lol at Sero

this seems very good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
but yeah like, I have no idea what onomatopoeia I would use in English to represent the lighting of a fire or that something is hot, but Japanese has Juuuuu that Koichi uses, stuff like that

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Kuno posted:

JoJo is still Very Good.

I know we are only 4 episodes in and I have no idea what is going to happen later but so far this might be one of my favourite parts. Really strong (maybe the strongest?) batch of introductory episodes.

It's posts like this that make me confident that this anime is gonna salvage this part's reputation in the English speaking part of the fandom

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I can't believe my big friend Polpo is dead

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

JoJo is good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

RubberLuffy posted:

I can't believe my big friend Polpo is dead

It's a tragic loss that diminishes us all. One can only hope that God will forgive whoever was responsible for this.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Sadly word is that God doesn't look kindly on suicide. Oh if only poor, sweet Giorno had seen the signs sooner!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Nephthys posted:

Sadly word is that God doesn't look kindly on suicide. Oh if only poor, sweet Giorno had seen the signs sooner!

if god didn't want us to commit suicide he wouldn't have intelligently designed bananas

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Blam blam blam blam blam blam blam
Banana gun

It loads in bunches
And I've got my hunches
That it's the best
Shoots the rest

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can’t believe people were worried this part would have less inspired visual direction just because the sky was blue

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

It's posts like this that make me confident that this anime is gonna salvage this part's reputation in the English speaking part of the fandom

Isnt part 5 disliked because it had horrible fan translations by non native speakers

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
The translators thought Venice was Vienna and made Ghaccio into a Francophile so yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Duwang translation was by someone who didn't know English, but the part 5 translation was by someone who didn't know Japanese.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Imagine if when Jotaro punched a dude, instead of going “ORA ORA ORA” he said “You’re done for!” or something like that.

Part 5’s old translation did the equivalent of that

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 27, 2018

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

That sounds awful

Glad I never read it because this part already is competing with mid part 4 in how engaged I am with it.

I even ordered the Giorno and Gold Experience possible figures to go with my Josuke and Crazy Diamond.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

polpo peels the banana, not realizing that giorno had already turned it into bananya

Condiv fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 27, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Isnt part 5 disliked because it had horrible fan translations by non native speakers

That's one of three reasons it's disliked, I'd say. The other two reasons involve spoilers, though.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

This is good

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When Rohan was writing Italian into Koichi's brain, he spilled some ink onto Echoes Act 1 & 2.

Also I think Koichi is just glad he gets to know more about Stands than someone else for once.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Thank you

Also episode owned a whole loving lof

Stone cold killaaaaa

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Expect My Mom posted:

but yeah like, I have no idea what onomatopoeia I would use in English to represent the lighting of a fire or that something is hot, but Japanese has Juuuuu that Koichi uses, stuff like that

It's a shame, if he'd bust out Act 2 to pull off some "zawa zawa zawa" whenever poo poo is getting real, he'd be the best Jobro ever.

For all the ragging on Koichi, he's still more useful than, I dunno, let's say Avdol. Sheer Heart Attack is so good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Speaking of Sheer Heart Attack, I half-expected the anime to add a little image of it in the background when Koichi was talking about automated Stands.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Koichi used Echoes act 1 when chasing Giorno to scout the area originally but it wasn’t in the anime.

Anyway,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I'm really liking this OP. It's not great days, but that's a high bar to clear.