Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sabrina is really bad but I kind of don’t think it matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think Sabrina is pretty darn good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's no Riverdale but it's pretty cool and good imo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like Sabrina. How is Riverdale this next level trashy show?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't blame anyone for liking it but it hasn't worked for me at all. I'm glad other people like it more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gaunab posted:

I like Sabrina. How is Riverdale this next level trashy show?

Riverdale is lightning in a bottle. Individual parts of it may not be great, but the whole is something special.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
That just makes me more confused.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
How the gently caress does Always Sunny stay good for this long

It's loving mental. It's like Frasier levels of consistent.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you're not watching Strong Girl Bong-soon on Netflix why the gently caress not?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you're not watching Strong Girl Bong-soon on Netflix why the gently caress not?

Because I've been so tired recently that I've just been rewatching Korra and ATLA instead. I don't want to sit down and think about the TV show I'm watching.

I still haven't watched the latest season of BCS.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 28, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep remembering Aggretsuko got a second season and being very pumped about that.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
An episode of "God friended me" that involves God un-friending you sounds like season/series finale level plot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's an anthology series. Season 2 is going to be God Swiped Right.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm watching Bodyguard and all I can think about is how this is an universe where Brexit never happened.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

It's an anthology series. Season 2 is going to be God Swiped Right.

God Angry-Faced My Vaycay Post From Post-Hurricane Puerto Rico

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
God Slid Into My DMs

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Godtreon

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I Doxxed God. You Won't Believe What Happened Next!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Samantha Bee DESTROYED God Last Night, And You Won't Believe How The Internet Has Reacted

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Seniors React to Pearly Gates

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyKp5LDv3sE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whoever came up with the idea to hire the guy they got for Pretzel Jack in the latest Channel Zero should get all the raises.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
God Friended Me is so gutless that in the first 5 minutes they've had a character say multiple times "it's not actually God"

They're treating the existence of "the God account" like a Lost mystery. Totally gutless

On the other hand, the episode where they reveal the owner of the account is a zit faced teenager should be good.

And yeah Pretzel Jack is amazing and horrifying. Channel Zero owns

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Little Drummer Girl started airing on BBC. It's a John le Carre adaptation directed by Park Chan Wook (Old Boy) and stars Michael Shannon and Alexander Skarsgard. Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IP6qUaw5tM

It starts airing on Nov 19th on AMC so 'muricans have to wait.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not if my tracker has anything to say about it!!

I loved his last adaptation, very much looking forward to this. His last foray into English media was p good too.

e: also for all i know it could be airing on bbc canada anyway lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Little Drummer Girl looks turbodope

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I started Bodyguard last night and am on the second episode. I can't get a hold on it though if that makes sense.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

John le Carre

I mean everything else in that post is fine, but this was all I needed to read.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

X-O posted:

Also, :yeah:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Goddd I'm not 10 minutes into Castlevania Season 2 and already someone's insinuating that Satan is made up in this world that has demons, witches, golems, Draculas, Frankensteins, magic whips, holy water, etc.

I really wish Warren Ellis could keep his atheism in his pants.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ray Donovan is back, and he’s got a whole new mess of problems. Only this time, it’s in NYC.

Oh Ray, you rascal.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

I'm glad we're getting a lot of Le Carre adaptations but I don't know if I can handle it.

Not a spoiler, all his books are absolutely soul crushing.

e: hi BBC you wanna make Absolute Friends next please? ok thanks

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I remember watching the the original Little Drummer Girl movie back in the 80's. Yesterday if you would have asked me for the plot of Little Drummer Girl, for some reason I would have given you the plot of the William Hurt movie Kiss of the Spider Woman. I must have watched both movies close together, because I was really confused when I watched the trailer of the AMC remake. Now I completely remember the original movie with Diane Keaton.

That said Park Chan Wook? I am a fan of his movies, but not the name I would imagine directing this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

nate fisher posted:

I remember watching the the original Little Drummer Girl movie back in the 80's. Yesterday if you would have asked me for the plot of Little Drummer Girl, for some reason I would have given you the plot of the William Hurt movie Kiss of the Spider Woman. I must have watched both movies close together, because I was really confused when I watched the trailer of the AMC remake. Now I completely remember the original movie with Diane Keaton.

That said Park Chan Wook? I am a fan of his movies, but not the name I would imagine directing this.

Reading LeCarre's book of essays, and he talks Stanley Kubrick wanting him to write "Eyes Wide Shut". Cannot imagine what that would have been like.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

nate fisher posted:

The original Little Drummer Girl is not one of the better adaptations of his material. I mean I know they can't all be The Constant Gardener but it's not one of my favorites. It's one that could really do well with a better adaptation.

IRQ posted:

e: hi BBC you wanna make Absolute Friends next please? ok thanks

Oooh. I could see that for sure.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watching Patriot Act because the AV Club praised it, and I have to agree with them that Hasan Minhaj just seems incredibly good at this. I'm only a few minutes in, but it's great so far for no other reason than him. I haven't gotten really into one of these shows since Jon Stewart left The Daily Show, either.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lurdiak posted:

Goddd I'm not 10 minutes into Castlevania Season 2 and already someone's insinuating that Satan is made up in this world that has demons, witches, golems, Draculas, Frankensteins, magic whips, holy water, etc.

I really wish Warren Ellis could keep his atheism in his pants.

There's clearly something going on based on how even an evil corrupt bishop raised as a zombie is still able to bless water. The show's pretty clear that God exists in it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RBA Starblade posted:

There's clearly something going on based on how even an evil corrupt bishop raised as a zombie is still able to bless water. The show's pretty clear that God exists in it.

Yeah I know, but there's still lines like that, and an insanely corrupt church that's if anything the real villains of the series. Ellis' hostility towards organized religion is painfully obvious, and I feel a vampire hunting show based on video games is the wrong place to express it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arist posted:

Watching Patriot Act because the AV Club praised it, and I have to agree with them that Hasan Minhaj just seems incredibly good at this. I'm only a few minutes in, but it's great so far for no other reason than him. I haven't gotten really into one of these shows since Jon Stewart left The Daily Show, either.

I thought it was a lot like his standup crossed with LWT's main story segment, and it worked really well. I hope people watch it on the sixth sunday in octvember or whatever voodoo netflix uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It has a little bit of the Riverdale problem of having a world that asks you to accept a lot of poo poo that makes no sense in terms of character actions and motivations (AKA Breaking Bad Syndrome), but a million times worse because it can just make up whatever rules it wants.

The fifth episode is all the characters being tormented by various dreams and it's the biggest waste of time because it gives us no insight into the characters beyond "Sabrina doesn't want to be tortured for being a witch" and "Ambrose doesn't like being on house arrest."

OTOH, it's actually pretty dope. I think the show's done a great job of revealing its mythology entertainingly. The characters are sharply drawn, and there's a delightful taste for the weird in its writing.

YOUR DISHONORS