Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah but for the past 7 years

I mean there was also dark souls 2, that's something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Well, it is scheduled scheduled for November 31th
What?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

DS playthrough chat, so don’t read if you’re a first time player:

I’ve got a lot accomplished today.
-released the golden knight from his cage and killed him. It was hard as gently caress but very rewarding. Electricity through my fingertips.
-killed those fuckin gargoyles, no summons, cut off first guy’s tail and got a sweet reward by accident. Awesome.
-rang that fuckin bell
-grinding to kill the gold knight left me with some strength to kill that HR Geiger demon under the smith. I feel super badass today.
-my lust for blood is unquenchable. I totally love this spooky forest. And I LOVE the tree frog sting rays. Tell me there are toys of this guy.
-finally, the big butterfly got got. Sad to see it go because it was pretty beautiful. The music in this game is amazing.

-if I stand around I sometimes get another estus. What up with that?
-I also found a wolf ring, but what the gently caress is poise?

Tl;dr: I feel like I’m really getting better at this game. I really love getting lost in it.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 27, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You missed out on a thing by killing the guy you let out of prison but he's probably better off dead anyway.

You get another Estus when someone else kills the boss in your area.

Poise lets you tank hits without being stunned or knocked out of attacks but as long as you have enough to kill the loving dogs it's only really worth going high if you're going for a heavy armour greatshield build.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 27, 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Seeing people discover Dark Souls in tyool 2018 is heartwarming

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Tl;dr: I feel like I’m really getting better at this game. I really love getting lost in it.
:kimchi:

that's one heck of an update

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The music in this game is amazing.
it's so insanely good. The entire series (and Bloodborne) has some of the most amazing music and it always fits the mood so well

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

Counterpoint, GameStop is actively malicious and contemptuous of its customers

Gamestop made an extremely limited run of Xenoblade Chronicles which they advertised as a one-time-only run, waited for the price to skyrocket to $200 a copy, and then they had Nintendo make them a new batch. Gamestop made their staff open them all up and close them again so that they could sell them as "used" copies for $150 which all magically appeared in the stores when demand was highest, and tanked the value of the copies people had collected.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn ghostfuck ruins

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dang it, I meant October 31st. I confused October with November again.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So are they ever going to release good DLC for Odyssey or can I go ahead and sell my copy? I haven't touched it for like 8 months since Luigi's Balloon World came out.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I posted in the wrong thread so I am replacing this post with a statement about how I am looking forward to Taiko Switch in the near future.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zero VGS posted:

Anyone get a load of this?:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/364636/gamestop-offers-200-credit-for-trading-a-switch-for-a-switc

If I was reading between the lines, I'd say Gamestop is probably being subsidized by Nintendo to buy up and smash all the piracy-prone early Switches and have people get the revised ones. It's the only thing that actually makes sense for this campaign.

There's just a dozen special edition they're trying to sell

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zero VGS posted:

Anyone get a load of this?:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/364636/gamestop-offers-200-credit-for-trading-a-switch-for-a-switc

If I was reading between the lines, I'd say Gamestop is probably being subsidized by Nintendo to buy up and smash all the piracy-prone early Switches and have people get the revised ones. It's the only thing that actually makes sense for this campaign.

No need for conspiracy theories, GameStop did a similar thing for the 3DS. They know that Nintendo nerds will trade in their consoles for a slightly aesthetically different one. Heck if I hadn't Atomic Purpled mine, I would consider this trade in deal for the Pokemon bundle.

...I may not be able to resist a gold Zelda one so here's hoping that never happens.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

-finally, the big butterfly got got. Sad to see it go because it was pretty beautiful. The music in this game is amazing.

the music throughout the whole game is terrific. just wait till you hit ash lake, and meet gwyn for the first time

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

How does migrating saves, screen caps, etc work now? My battery is swelling and Nintendo want me to send in my unit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Saves you can cloud save with online subscription, just go into cloud saves and check if they are all synced. Then you can download from your new console if necessary. I don't know about screenshots, I think those go on SD card if available?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'd trade in a contract kill for a labo switch

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Saves you can cloud save with online subscription, just go into cloud saves and check if they are all synced. Then you can download from your new console if necessary. I don't know about screenshots, I think those go on SD card if available?

That being said, I do believe Nintendo will do the transfer for you, right?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Heads up for :boonie::australia::siren: Ausgoons :siren::australia::boonie:

Gamesmen have Diablo 3 for $55AUD :siren:
EBGames + JBHifi will price match, because Gamesmen are a brick+mortar store.

Failing that Amazon.com.au has it for $62AUD, and is the 2nd cheapest price

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mokinokaro posted:

That being said, I do believe Nintendo will do the transfer for you, right?

It's a crapshoot

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So I got Starlink and I think I love it....got a question though: how hard is it in general to level things up? I got the digital deluxe version and there's so much stuff that I'm worried I won't be able to make a decent stab at levelling everything, especially with there not being a new game plus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think I'm over halfway through the game and with fox I don't have a single thing maxed. But everything is getting the job done. He's like level 13 and most of my other guys who I use occasionally are level 6 or so.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 27, 2018

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

So does the Dark Souls port seem pretty good for the most part? Stable?

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Your other pilots auto-scale in level to always be a bit below your highest leveled pilot but not so low that things would be too difficult for them. Even then you can easily make up the gap in power [If there even is any at all, I have zero clue how level affects the inherit strength of ships and weaponry] with ship and weapon mods. Everyone also gets a level every time you take down a dreadnought. Having everyone is kinda OP in an odd way because it makes Equinox upgrades that require total pilot levels absurdly easy to meet the requirements of, plus the odd upgrades that require Kharl or Eli or Shaid's levels basically take care of themselves thanks to scaling.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Huh I haven't noticed any scaling at all. I have noticed the dreadnought levels though

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
My fox is level 18, and the only others ive used are razor and mason. Theyre 6 and 5, and despite my best efforts couldnt come close to being useful retaking Haven

Edit: i get the impression Starlink is a sales flop. Pity, it's a good game.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 27, 2018

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

http://monsterboy.com/blog/index.php?/archives/43-Monster-Boy-Release-Date-delayed-to-December-4.html

Oh goddamn it. I have this pre-ordered and was excited to get it soon. Delayed till Dec 4, that's right before Smash. =/

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Is that related to the wonder boy game on switch? Sure looks like wonder boy to me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's an official sequel to the series Monster Boy which spun off of Wonder Boy.

Wonder Boy is by a different company and was an official remake of Wonder Boy 3

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

plz dont pull out posted:

So does the Dark Souls port seem pretty good for the most part? Stable?

It’s good and stable, yes. There’s some slight audio bugs but I don’t see why they can’t fix those with patches.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s good and stable, yes. There’s some slight audio bugs but I don’t see why they can’t fix those with patches.

That's very optimistic

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Andrast posted:

That's very optimistic

Is From bad about that?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The audio is ok but very noticeably bad in some parts like the parry sound. Luckily I can’t parry for poo poo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is From bad about that?

From has never been known to be technically proficient.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

you never trust Patches in a souls game

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Brother Entropy posted:

you never trust Patches in a souls game

Please stop trolling. Besmirching Trusty Patches is something I will not tolerate. :colbert:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Just finished the octo expansion. I had a blast with it. I'm not a very good Splatoon player, so that boss fight against agent 3 took me forever, but what came after made it all worth it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pretty sure a non-From company is handling the switch port too

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

Just finished the octo expansion. I had a blast with it. I'm not a very good Splatoon player, so that boss fight against agent 3 took me forever, but what came after made it all worth it.

I'm very good at the game and that fight was brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
First time dark souls player (loving it!) who has found a ton of different places to go and is looking for some advice on where to go next pretty early in the game:

I defeated Taurus Demon and made it through the undead parish. I also found the elevator back to firelink. The bell gargoyles seem too strong for me to fight right now. I can get the first one down to half health pretty easy but once the second one wakes up I get wrecked. I managed to get a tail axe from it one time, but it seems too heavy to use well.

I also found the path to darkroot garden. I made it to a boss? door which has three giant dudes past it that are sleeping? until you get close. They seem too strong to fight too. I ran past them one time and got massacred by some giant butterfly.

I also found a path down into the Darkroot Basin but it splits in two with one half leading to a bunch of dudes made of diamond and a giant thing shooting magic at me and the other path has one of the really strong knight types you run into occasionally. I haven't had any success killing one of those guys yet.

I also have the options of fighting the skeletons in firelink, or the ghosts below firelink but neither of those seem like a good way to go.

Just wondering if one of these paths is where I am expected to go next, or if I am missing something. If it matters my build is a warrior I think, and I have been boosting strength, dexterity, vitality and the stat that lets me carry more stuff. My recent favorite weapon has been the halberd.