Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Reposting

Luck
Goff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

RCarr posted:

Reposting

I say Luck at Oakland and Goff at Green Bay.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thank you all so much for being my friends.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I kinda prefer Luck to Goff. There's shootout potential with Rams/Packers, but Goff hasn't hit 17 points in any of the last 3 weeks; I think his perceived value is a little over-inflated due to a combination of being 7-0 and his massive game against the Vikings. Luck throws the ball 40 times a game and gets a great matchup with Oakland.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

I kinda prefer Luck to Goff. There's shootout potential with Rams/Packers, but Goff hasn't hit 17 points in any of the last 3 weeks; I think his perceived value is a little over-inflated due to a combination of being 7-0 and his massive game against the Vikings. Luck throws the ball 40 times a game and gets a great matchup with Oakland.

Green Bay D is trash and for me, I'd rather start different quarterbacks in different leagues. It's more fun that way and also you won't lose both if Luck happens to have a rough day. Last week was an aberration in terms of Gurley stealing all the touchdowns, that won't happen every week.

Besides like you said the GB/LAR game has a greater chance of becoming a shootout (where passing touchdowns will be necessary) and OAK/IND has a better chance of being lower-scoring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

As a Goff owner I agree and also think the Rams are going to Gurley Purple Jesus the Packers all day.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Play posted:

Green Bay D is trash and for me, I'd rather start different quarterbacks in different leagues. It's more fun that way and also you won't lose both if Luck happens to have a rough day. Last week was an aberration in terms of Gurley stealing all the touchdowns, that won't happen every week.

Jared Goff's scores this year: 17.22, 18.36, 25.56, 39.3, 14.34, 7.44, 16.48
Andrew Luck: 19.46, 11.36, 13.86, 35.66, 22.6, 22.74, 22.74

They've played some bad QBs, but the only quarterback to score more than 20 points against the Packers so far is Kirk Cousins.

If RCarr wants to diversify I'd go Ben and Luck, personally. v:shobon:v

e: O/U for Rams/Packers is 56.5 and Colts/Raiders is 50.5; that's still a good total.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 26, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Jared Goff's scores this year: 17.22, 18.36, 25.56, 39.3, 14.34, 7.44, 16.48
Andrew Luck: 19.46, 11.36, 13.86, 35.66, 22.6, 22.74, 22.74

They've played some bad QBs, but the only quarterback to score more than 20 points against the Packers so far is Kirk Cousins.

If RCarr wants to diversify I'd go Ben and Luck, personally. v:shobon:v

e: O/U for Rams/Packers is 56.5 and Colts/Raiders is 50.5; that's still a good total.

So you think he should start the lower-scoring quarterback in the game with the lower over/under... got it.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

RCarr posted:

Reposting
League 1;
Can’t sit Big Ben at home!

League 2:
Don’t gently caress with Luck

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
So I had concerns that Mack wouldn’t play on Sunday because of his ankle, but he’s back at practice. So I got a “good” problem:

0.5PPR, FLEX

TY Hilton @ OAK
Marlon Mack @ OAK

I gotta go TY right?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Play posted:

So you think he should start the lower-scoring quarterback in the game with the lower over/under... got it.

Huh? Andrew Luck has outscored Goff (especially over the last 3 weeks), which is what the numbers I posted show.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Okay, just because I keep going over it in my head, I need 2 of 3, ESPN standard:

Chris Carson @DET
Doug Baldwin @DET
Latavius Murray vs NO

Current starters bolded. Saints run D and Seattle's backfield committee making me feel dodgy. Baldwin has been playing slot and should avoid Slay, but I don't know how "back" he is even with the bye week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shirts and skins posted:

Okay, just because I keep going over it in my head, I need 2 of 3, ESPN standard:

Chris Carson @DET
Doug Baldwin @DET
Latavius Murray vs NO

Current starters bolded. Saints run D and Seattle's backfield committee making me feel dodgy. Baldwin has been playing slot and should avoid Slay, but I don't know how "back" he is even with the bye week.

I think you're set. Carson has been the guy getting the bulk of the work lately.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Huh? Andrew Luck has outscored Goff (especially over the last 3 weeks), which is what the numbers I posted show.

You're right, I did the math in my head and was off by ten. I still think that assuming you want two different guys, Goff against Green Bay is better than Ben against the Browns. Remember what happened last time the Steeles and the Browns played? The over/under in that game is only 41...

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
ESPN standard need 1 rb and 1 flex

AP vs NYG
Chubb vs Pit
Landry vs Pit

Kind of leaning AP and Landry since I'm not sure there enough sample size to put Chubb over either. Is there any reason I should have more confidence in Chubb?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

ESPN standard need 1 rb and 1 flex

AP vs NYG
Chubb vs Pit
Landry vs Pit

Kind of leaning AP and Landry since I'm not sure there enough sample size to put Chubb over either. Is there any reason I should have more confidence in Chubb?

as long as Thompson is still out I think AP and Landry are the right calls.

This week my RB situation is kind of precarious.

Collins @Car 1pm start.
Mack @ Oak 4pm start.
Breida @ Ari 4:30pm start
Mostert @ Ari 4:30pm start

As much as I really want to start Mack and Mostert, with Breida and Mack both Q I feel like I have to start Collins and then Mack if he plays?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

tom brady @ Buf

or

roethlisberger vs. Cle?

my zeke is on bye this week and I have a tough match-up I will probably lose.

Thanks again, football studs

.5 ppr

basement jihadist fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 27, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

doug martin vs. colts, or peyton barber at. bengals? half ppr.

I'm also starting jalen richard, if that matters.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Leperflesh posted:

doug martin vs. colts, or peyton barber at. bengals? half ppr.

I'm also starting jalen richard, if that matters.

Barber. Especially if starting Richard.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Flex me, 1 ppr:

Josh Gordon @ BUF
Chubb @ PIT
Ingram @ MIN

Asking for a friend

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Barber. Especially if starting Richard.

Alright good, that's what I was leaning toward.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Suave Fedora posted:

Asking for a friend

Gordon

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was painful this morning to look at Sammy Watkins vs Denver or Emmanuel Sanders vs KC and think...don't sit your studs. ES is the #3 WR right now.

edit: other two WR are Hopkins and Landry. I'm just WR rich basically.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Winston @cin
Or
Wentz @Jax

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd 100% start Winston personally.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, that's what I had in mind.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1PPR

Ingram @ MIN
Or
Crabtree at CAR

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Chernabog posted:

Winston @cin
Or
Wentz @Jax
Winston for sure

Half PPR, otherwise normal scoring:
Marlon Mack @ OAK
McCaffrey v BAL

Most might say just start McCaffrey, but the Ravens defense against the run has only allowed 2 TDs and I can see CMC having a low scoring game.

Meanwhile, Mack takes on the depleted Oakland Raiders and just busted out big time against a good defense.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Definitely like Mack.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Assuming everyone's healthy, I need two RBs in .5 PPR for tomorrow:

Chris Thompson @NYG
Chris Carson @Det

Matt Breida @ Arizona
Kenjon Barner at Buffalo

All four of these guys have beautiful matchups but Breida might not even play and he has the 4:15 game. I could also put Breida or Barner (playing Monday) in a FLEX spot depending on their healthiness, but that would mean benching either Stefon Diggs (vs NO) or Davante Adams (@LAR, not a great matchup.)

CamptonFox50
Mar 25, 2006
I need some help deciding on my WR2 and Flex position... Thank you in advance for any help!

QB: Drew Brees
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Doug Baldwin
RB: Kareem Hunt
RB:Joe Mixon
TE: Travis Kelce
Flex: Mark Ingram
K: Jake Elliott
Def: Eagles

BN: Kenny Golladay
BN: Julio Jones (BYE)
BN: Allen Robinson
BN: Sony Michel
BN: Matt Breida

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Things are not lookin good for me this week:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dxt posted:

While the Jags have been bad and Jeffrey good, being in London throws everything off. Jags make the trip every year and know what they're doing while Philly have never done it before. I don't trust any Eagles in London, would start Boyd over Jeffrey.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1056345936337817600?s=21

Fire up your Alshons :getin:

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 28, 2018

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Speaking of Alshon, pick 2 standard scoring:

A Jeffrey @ JAX
J Brown @ Car
M Mack @ Oak
J Gordon @ Buf

Leaning Mack & Brown, but Alshon has been looking awesome the last few games..

tonic fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 28, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR. Chubb against Pittsburgh or Gordon against Buffalo?

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Help goons. Flex standard league.

Matt Brieda vs ARI
Josh Gordon vs BUF
TJ Yeldon vs PHI

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Half PPR. Chubb against Pittsburgh or Gordon against Buffalo?

SgtMongoose posted:

Help goons. Flex standard league.

Matt Brieda vs ARI
Josh Gordon vs BUF
TJ Yeldon vs PHI

Gordon to both. I don't trust Chubb to have a consistent workload yet or Breida to be healthy right now or Yeldon to do much against Philly's line.

May as well ask though my mind's made up, I feel like being bold this week and starting Larry Fitz v. SF over Allison @LAR in my WR2 slot. Half PPR. Thinking the OC shakeup might do the Cards some good and that Allison is up against the much tougher D.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Yeldon the starter over Hyde, whatever that means

tonic fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 28, 2018

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Dalvin Cook is out so Murray is getting the start today. Help me pick my flex, yahoo standard 1 PPR league.

Latavius Murray vs NO
Tyler Lockett @ DET
Sterling Shepherd vs WAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Standard scoring, pick 1 RB

Alex Collins @ Car
Jordan Howard vs NYJ
Peyton Barber @ Cin