Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Full send baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

FYI the fortnightmares challenges have a good glitch for the landing at wailing then fatal the haunted gives you 35 free tiers instead of 350 xp. I’d do it quick if you want it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The switch version of the game is advertising a discount on STW, that didn’t actually come to switch did it?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fritzler posted:

FYI the fortnightmares challenges have a good glitch for the landing at wailing then fatal the haunted gives you 35 free tiers instead of 350 xp. I’d do it quick if you want it.

Ha I just came to ask about this! I just finished this game and it was like "You've reached battle pass level 52! Here's 18 items!"

I'm not complaining though :bubblewoop:

Also yo, what's your Epic account name? I'll add you so we can ball.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have experience with crossplay? My son plays this on XB1, and I've installed it on PC to try to join him. We see each other on the friends list, and can chat, but accepting invites or attempting to join does nothing - no error message, the game just goes on. Are we missing something crucial?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've played almost every cross play circumstance there is and haven't had anything like that happen. I wish I knew what to tell ya, its that versatility that makes the game so great.

Do I just need to do that new challenge to get the tiers?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I didn't believe it would work even as it worked. I'm OK with having most of the grind done for the season in one go so I can focus on having fun instead. Now I don't feel compelled to do that shooting gallery challenge. Which I am terrible at.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

codo27 posted:

I've played almost every cross play circumstance there is and haven't had anything like that happen. I wish I knew what to tell ya, its that versatility that makes the game so great.

Do I just need to do that new challenge to get the tiers?

I believe it's just the first two parts of the fourth challenge in part 3 of the Fortnitemares challenges. Don't quote me on that, but that was the only challenge I completed when I got the extra tiers.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yep, still works.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yup, still works here too!

I'm only new to the game and and terrible, so this has been an amazing bonus :allears:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Still dunno where these gargoyles are. Or wtf half the challenges dont show up in game next to the map. They really need to fix that

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

I believe it's just the first two parts of the fourth challenge in part 3 of the Fortnitemares challenges. Don't quote me on that, but that was the only challenge I completed when I got the extra tiers.
It was the second and third parts for me. I.e. you land wailing (regular xp), land at fatal (15 tiers), land at haunted (20 tiers).

My epic ID is FunkmasterFritz

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Those bugged tiers took me to 99. I hope they don't revert it.

Also the pace of the fortnitemares challenges is kind of exhausting me with the perceived need to grind those instead of do anything else. I know, broke brain, but I can usually spend a few days rushing the weekly challenges and then have the rest of the week to try and fail at playing the game normally- with fortnitemares it's nothing but challenge grinding all day every day. :shepface: Just wish it were spaced out a bit more, is all- I love the idea!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah. just got down to the final 7 people, great loadout. Instead of thinking win, I thought challenges, so I picked up a gold deagle and tried to use that instead of my gold scar. My own fault, I had the drop on the guy (kinda)

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Still working. Thanks for the tip!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

codo27 posted:

Yeah. just got down to the final 7 people, great loadout. Instead of thinking win, I thought challenges, so I picked up a gold deagle and tried to use that instead of my gold scar. My own fault, I had the drop on the guy (kinda)

This 100% happened to me where I found a heavy shotgun for the first time in like 30 games while I was in the top ten, and rather than take a wide open sniper shot that would have 100% gotten a knockdown I grappled up into the enemy duo with my shotgun. I got the 200 damage I needed and knocked one, but I died. Worth it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fritzler posted:

Of course this happens when I'm not home, lmao. I'm on tier 75 already though I think, so no big deal I guess. Still sucks to miss out on such an easy way to finish the battle pass lol.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Motherfucker, I think they just fixed it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah my buddy got it a few minutes before I tried just now, he got it and I didn’t.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did the "Play matches with a friend" challenge get broken after they did this friend UI update for anyone else? I've gotten it twice in three days and each time I've had to reroll it because it just wouldn't register.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
It’s official now, the challenges have been patched but for those of you who got the battle stars can keep them since it was Epic’s mistake in the first place. I’m glad I woke up early and did the challenges but sucks for those who missed the glitch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/9s4r6u/fortnitemares_part_3_challenge_fix/

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Sweet. Managed to get the bonus tiers this morning. Reading all the tears on Reddit makes this feel better than it should.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Sucks I missed it but this is going to be the first season I might actually level up fully on my own so I don’t mind missing the shortcut.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Missed it by about 20mins, kinda sucks but I always end up hitting rank 100 by the end anyways so I'm not too salty.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I don't even go looking for kills at all, because I'm old and slow, I just focus on doing challenges.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hamburlgar posted:

Reading all the tears on Reddit makes this feel better than it should.

Hahaha oh my god this is seriously amazing. "I didn't get any free tiers from a glitch but everyone else did? WAHHHHHHHH. Are they going to give everyone else something to compensate? WAHHHHHHH."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Missed it by about 20mins, kinda sucks but I always end up hitting rank 100 by the end anyways so I'm not too salty.

Same, missed it too and that's like the last thing that bothers me, I've yet to not get to tier 100.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This is my first battle pass. What would prohibit me from not reaching tier 100? If I complete all the challenges by the end of the season, that should be enough right? Or do I need to play more even if I complete the challenges?

Edit: I also want to note that while Save the World is pretty fun, the UI and game components unrelated to game play killing zombies, i.e., leveling up, crafting, resource gathering, schematics, heroes, sqauds, etc. All that poo poo seems hilariously and needlessly complicated.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 28, 2018

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
e: ^^^ You need 1,000 total battle stars to hit tier 100. There are ten weeks of challenges, each week providing 50 stars, for a total of 500 (plus bonus hidden stars, sometimes). You also get 31 stars per ten levels. You're going to need to do dailies, not just the main challenges.

codo27 posted:

Still dunno where these gargoyles are. Or wtf half the challenges dont show up in game next to the map. They really need to fix that

This guy does some of the better maps in the game:
https://www.reddit.com/user/thesquatingdog/posts/

The third part is delayed, I imagine, because he's also doing the stream host thing as noted above.

Here's a map with the gargoyles, linked because it's 8000x8000.
https://i.redd.it/yph0yodpw5u11.jpg

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did the "Play matches with a friend" challenge get broken after they did this friend UI update for anyone else? I've gotten it twice in three days and each time I've had to reroll it because it just wouldn't register.

Yup, broken for me & my kids as well. We tried each game mode yesterday and it wouldn't register for any of them.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 28, 2018

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

teagone posted:

Edit: I also want to note that while Save the World is pretty fun, the UI and game components unrelated to game play killing zombies, i.e., leveling up, crafting, resource gathering, schematics, heroes, sqauds, etc. All that poo poo seems hilariously and needlessly complicated.

They do need to do some cleanup on that I think. They have made some good positive changes in the past. Building materials used to only stack to 1000 and most crafting mats used to only stack to 100, for example. There's probably a lot of other little changes they could do. It's not obvious when you need certain crafting materials. Some get outdated when you level up your schematics. They should add a system to let you see what materials are used to craft what.
It can be hard to figure out what survivors would be best for the squads. I wish they would add some ui thing that would help you pick people out that go together.
I also wish the base building things for the SSD was a little more like what they did for the Survive the Horde mode. Not restricted, but it was much easier to change the builds in the editor area. You could build it, knock it down and build it again without wasting materials.

McGlockenshire posted:

Here's a map with the gargoyles, linked because it's 8000x8000.
https://i.redd.it/yph0yodpw5u11.jpg

OMG, I was using a map from somewhere else and this is so much better. I was all over the hill between Wailing and Risky looking for that drat gargoyle. The map I was using had the circle up by the RV on the hill. I ended up finding one somewhere else.
Also, these show up in the Disco Domination but the challenges only work in the Fortnitemares modes.

Nullsmack fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 28, 2018

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

McGlockenshire posted:

e: ^^^ You need 1,000 total battle stars to hit tier 100. There are ten weeks of challenges, each week providing 50 stars, for a total of 500 (plus bonus hidden stars, sometimes). You also get 31 stars per ten levels. You're going to need to do dailies, not just the main challenges.

Cool thanks. I always finish my daily challenges too. I'm already tier 75, so I don't think I should have a problem hitting tier 100 before the end of the season.

Really hope they add a Fortnitemares teams of 20 mode with more zombie spawns. Disco Domination is ok, but gets boring pretty fast.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I find the zombies keep me sharp in between real battles, I go in to every one now expecting to win and have pulled off some nice strings of kills when I was low on life or didn't have great weapons. Especially sweet against builders cause I don't build poo poo

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Is the SA fortnite discord not really a thing? Trying to find some people to group with but most of the talk seems to be Destiny 2 or something.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

drat, missed the free 350 or so battle stars earlier. At least I unlocked the 200K XP Calamity outfit.

Farming cube monsters (or whatever they call them) is pretty broken, especially when they start spitting out epic and legendary items. They also makes things interesting once the boring mid-game/running simulator kicks in. I’m going to miss when this mode goes away.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah the DC isn't exactly hopping.

I've gotten so many heavy snipers off zombies. I hope they dont go away but I know they will. So gf resigned to "if you cant beat em, join em" and started playing instead of complaining about me playing. We both had top squads as our dailies last night so we get in a game and its on dont fill, I didn't think about it but I guess its locked to that now anyway if you are cross platform? Anyway we are poking around, its near the end and we go to dusty. 10 people left. "We'll win this" I said jokingly. 2 full teams and us I reckon. Follow the sound, see bedlam well outside of dusty. Looks like one team totally wipes out the other, I evaporate the head of a guy with my heavy sniper, and take down the rest with the scar (last guy standing came out with a minigun???). She actually thought she was lagging out when the game slowed down as we won. A squad win as a duo, I'll take it

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Yeah, you've never been able to cross platform fill. I can understand not filling with 3 players because individual players will get matched into their platforms' parties but you'd think it could pair you up with another cross platform duo in your situation. Maybe epic decided it takes to long to match.

Nice win!

I had lots of good games at the weekend. Spent most of Sunday playing solos, played 29 solos, won 8 of them. I managed to get 25 points in despite not playing the last half hour, went back to regular solos to relax a bit and ended the night with 3 solo wins in a row :toot:

In the Saturday tournament I got 17 points playing the entire session. I think the difference was all in choosing to drop dusty most of Sunday. Dusty can be lacking in duos/squads but in solos it's great. You get:

- max wood (obviously), 650+ metal from the fences & meteor chunks in the diner.
- pretty good loot (I don't think I left once without a pump/smg/AR)
- people with low mats & low shields trickling in to farm/eat mushrooms.
- good central position which allows you more than enough time to farm mats, no matter how many early game build fights you get into.
- they've also added a couple of the quadbikes just outside dusty to the north east, though I didn't end up using those much since you can just glide now.

I also accidentally did the free tiers bug while it was active that took me from tier 55 to 70 something. I was extremely confused when all the unlocks popped up.

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 29, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I love how zombies turn into an actual threat at the end of a match. It totally changes the dynamics of running between circles, hiding, etc.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The zombies might stick around. In the survey going around, the feedback they solicit is slanted towards "it would be cool to have zombie mode around as a permanent LTM" and I personally told them that they're a fun risk/reward option for topping up shields, ammo, and getting some extra drops outside the usual gameplay loop. But also the late game needs to be retooled some.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Replies on Fortnite have changed to "give us 35 tiers" spam. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

I didn't know the "do a match with a friend" challenge was even broken, because I always switch it out anyway!

it's because I have no friends :smith: