Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I just hope that when Nightwing tries to use that pistol he ends up throwing it like a boomerang because he doesn't know how to use them.
Oh that wasn't Dick. I'm not following that comic but someone showed me a picture and I thought it was Dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Superbro!!!! :swoon:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Didn't you see the Annual solicit?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

Nicieza: Hopefully, what is coming up is the day that autocorrect stops automatically changing Ric to Ricin or Rich. That would make writing scripts a lot easier.
The universe is trying to tell you something Nicieza.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Oracle posted:

The universe is trying to tell you something Nicieza.

I mean I'm not one to talk about a name that's getting auto-corrected, but here's the difference. I had my name when I was like 10 or 12. And changing it now would just be unthinkable because I've had it for nearly 20 years.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Did the new Aquaman issue add much to the JL Drowned Earth story?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Did the new Aquaman issue add much to the JL Drowned Earth story?

It's got some cool moments for Mera, and I can't imagine that all of Atlantis sans Mera is now monster people won't be relevant.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/1053418797409873920

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Give Lois Lane the trunks

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Give Lois the suit, and let Jody write her side of the dialogue, and go to town

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A Superwoman/Superboy side-miniseries for the cosmic trip they're taking probably would have been a good idea.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Isn't Lois only using that suit because it's armor to protect her from cosmic radiation or something like that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the Rebirth suit, not the N52 armor.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rhyno posted:

That's the Rebirth suit, not the N52 armor.

No, they make it clear that the Rebirth Suit has those qualities. It's both implicitly stated by the suit being a literal merger of the New 52 and Post-Crisis suits and explicitly by Superman when he gives the suit to Lois.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

No, they make it clear that the Rebirth Suit has those qualities. It's both implicitly stated by the suit being a literal merger of the New 52 and Post-Crisis suits and explicitly by Superman when he gives the suit to Lois.

No, that's the Reborn suit. This is the suit that Original Flavor Clark first puts on in the Rebirth relaunch, when he was trying to resurrect SuperBro. The merger doesn't happen for months afterwards. Retcons don't count, this was just a normal fabric suit in the beginning.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So how are you meant to pronounce Ric? Rick, Rich, Rico?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If it’s anything like Ric Griffin, super surgeon, it’s exactly the same as Rick.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cassa posted:

"Nightwing"

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Cassa posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I really enjoyed Action Comics 1004, I think Bendis is having a lot of fun writing it. The scenes in the Daily Planet offices where Superman chats with his friends were really nice. I feel the only niggle I have is Superman should probably give more of a gently caress about where his son is

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The new DC boss doesn't sound too great.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/didio-dcs-new-boss-wants-dcs-character-to-match-expectations/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thinking that publishing a comic where people can see Batman's cock was a bad idea doesn't seem like most insane thing ever.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It goes beyond that. Based on this (not her own words, so rumor/conjecture) she seems to want the place 100% marketability minded and that apparently the content she's concerned about extends to Vertigo.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 26, 2018

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
yeah it seems to be more of an internal controversy than anything else. Nearly everyone else was like "lol batwang."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

It goes beyond that. Seems like (based on this, not her own words) she wants the place 100% marketability minded and that apparently the content she's concerned about extends to Vertigo.

Didn't they already gut Vertigo? Like multiple times? Image is probably a better fit for any creators that wanted to do that kind of work. Unless they had a killer idea for loving Animal Man or something?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They just launched a new line of originals and Sandman comics a couple of months ago. Hex Wives debuts this Wednesday.

I'm enjoying The Dreaming and Border Town so far. Seems like this Mark Doyle era's a good one.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 26, 2018

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Skwirl posted:

Unless they had a killer idea for loving Animal Man or something?

I bet Tom King has a fuckin' idea for killing Animal Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Space Fish posted:

I bet Tom King has a fuckin' idea for Booster Gold killing Animal Man.

Fixed.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Is Batman White Knight good? I just read the first issue and it felt like an article made by someone who was overthinking the idea of Batman and what would happen if he existed in the real world.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
It has good art. Story is really hit or miss.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eh. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I *enjoyed* it but I wouldn't say it's *good* exactly.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
the story is pisssssss if you think about it for more than two seconds.

but it's not like objectionably bad or anything, so if you want elseworlds Batman you may as well read it

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's got some really neat ideas and great artwork but the story doesn't hold together.

Also somehow someone managed to get a gig writing Batman comics without knowing the order of the Robins.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just finished it and it has some good ideas, but you got to take into consideration that this isn't the Batman and Joker you know because they both act waaaaaaaaay out of character. Hell, everyone is out of character. Yes, Joker being sane is supposed to be out of character, but Dark Knight:Going Sane has a more sane out of character than White Knight.
If you can get passed the out of character stuff than the story is pretty fun and the art is great. Treat it like the elseworld it should be and don't let Murphy's unsubtleness get in your way.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah it doesn't work as a commentary on Batman because he's written so out of character. "Look how much of an arsehole this arsehole I wrote is" isn't particularly incisive.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Frank Miller mentioned that he's doing a DK3 spin-off starring Superman and Wonder Woman's kids with Rafael Grampa.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/29/frank-miller-and-rafael-grampa-working-together-on-dark-knight-the-golden-child/

edit: How is Robinson's Detective Comics so far?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 29, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not great. Counting down the days to Tomasi taking it over.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm glad Hill is getting the bits I liked from Detective to play with.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't figure James Robinson out. He breaks through with Golden Age, then Starman is almost universally acclaimed, then after that I think just about everything he's done has been "mixed reviews" at best and Cry for Justice at worst.

Did he just have one or two really good ideas and now he's all used up? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I can't figure James Robinson out. He breaks through with Golden Age, then Starman is almost universally acclaimed, then after that I think just about everything he's done has been "mixed reviews" at best and Cry for Justice at worst.

Did he just have one or two really good ideas and now he's all used up? :shrug:

Nah. For instance when he wrote that Shade mini in the New 52 it was one of the like 5 good New 52 comics. So it's not like his ability to write something well disappeared. I think he just works with particular characters and themes and when he gets out of his wheelhouse, or someone else is in his ear directing him with their own bad ideas, he blows. Heck his Earth 2 had a lot of redeeming qualities despite being plagued with a lot of New 52 bullshit linewide nonsense.