Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

Cartoon posted:

Policy with the runs. Muppet administration if you will.

Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Anidav posted:

Bravo for ScoMo, the funding for his drought relief is coming from the NDIS.

He is stealing from the NDIS to give to Barnaby's Country Fund.

Auditioning new washing machines.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

Mr Abbott's meeting with Mr Johnson, kept secret by both parties until now, has been exposed by a Labour MP whom Tony Abbott confided in, not realising he was a Labour and not a Tory MP.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

norp posted:

What's their hard-on for structuring these things as "future fund"s?

Seems like an unnecessary hoop for a government to bother going through

The Future Fund is a large independent (but publicly owned) sovereign wealth investment fund intended to fund future public superannuation liabilities (it won’t but that’s another story). It manages a few other smaller government funds as well. In theory it can be a good thing. Norway’s Government Pension fund is worth over a trillion dollars and owns something like 1.3% of the world’s stocks, because they invest the public revenues from their petroleum sector. Whereas we invested jack poo poo from our prior mining boom / current LPG boom so it’s not quite so impressive. But as long as you have it the government has somewhere to stick random piles of money intended for future use to attract 4% return rather than pay back debt, for some reason.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol what's that from

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

Lol what's that from

Dane Cook is leaking.

Source your quotes, assholes.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hambeet posted:

Lol what's that from

https://www.theage.com.au/world/eur...026-p50c2d.html

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

How he manages to ride his bike without pratfalling every five minutes is beyond me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:laffo:

How he manages to ride his bike without pratfalling every five minutes is beyond me

*slide-whistle*

Oh-oh, here comes Tony on his bike!

*boi-oi-oi-oing*

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Senior Liberals are so confident NSW Labor leader Luke Foley's political career is over they are preparing to face his deputy, Michael Daley, at the March state election.
In a sign of how negative the campaign is likely to be, discussions are already underway about targeting Mr Daley for being drunk in the chamber in 2012.
Labor seized on that as further evidence they were being smeared by a "desperate" government fewer than five months from polling day, and dug in behind their leader.

It's losers all the way down.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
And you schmucks voted for Queensland as the worst state. Aye. What's the matter with you?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

And you schmucks voted for Queensland as the worst state. Aye. What's the matter with you?
They are both poo poo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nuke everything north of the Murray

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

Nuke everything north of the Murray

also south, east and west. and maybe directly on top of, it's the only way to be sure

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

GoldStandardConure posted:

also south, east and west. and maybe directly on top of, it's the only way to be sure

Carp are the only survivors

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
the carp later die of radioactive herpes

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Anidav posted:

All the states are poo poo, but only QLD is honest enough to really own it.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://twitter.com/Kon__K/status/1056385191348887552?s=20

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

GoldStandardConure posted:

the carp later die of radioactive herpes

Dia Carpem

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Love that it's just free the kids though. Like gently caress the ones over 18 they can eat poo poo and suffer for ever but the kids is where people draw the line once Murdock orders it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
If they don't free the children's families then it would be pretty hosed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

snoremac posted:

Are they at least going to free the children's families?

What does your heart tell you?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

kirbysuperstar posted:

What does your heart tell you?
It's just screaming BOILED POTATO over and over again.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

snoremac posted:

it would be pretty hosed.

I have some bad news for you about Australia/Australians...

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I want to free everyone too, but it’s like how drug legalization advocates only focus on weed because they know it’s the only thing people will accept

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I'm looking forward to the big pat on the back we all give ourselves nationally once the kids are off nauru and we never hear from the other 600 adult asylum seekers again

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Gunna give all these poor sad children to some nice white people to care of

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
if the government give an inch on this, itll be the adults next and when they cave on that guess who the next refugee will be?

you guessed it

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
A big poo?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Reclines Obesily posted:

if the government give an inch on this, itll be the adults next and when they cave on that guess who the next refugee will be?

you guessed it

Inshallah

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cartoon posted:

A big poo?

Settle down.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Reclines Obesily posted:

you guessed it

wheres the wedding ring

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

these coded orders from newscorp are getting more and more blatant

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Free* Nauru Kids

*Imprison for years in hellcamp for no reason, then begrudgingly send to third country

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

Reclines Obesily posted:

you guessed it

Mashallah

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

https://www.change.org/p/gavin-mcinnes-should-not-be-allowed-into-australia

Sign the petition to keep Gavin McInnes out of Australia. It’s up to 30,000 signatures.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Count Chocula posted:

https://www.change.org/p/gavin-mcinnes-should-not-be-allowed-into-australia

Sign the petition to keep Gavin McInnes out of Australia. It’s up to 30,000 signatures.

I'd like to pretend I'd be shocked if he gets through in the same year we refused Chelsea Manning entry on character grounds but he's going to absolutely skate in

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The rest of Australia’s institutions seem great but our immigration system is completely, utterly hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Box of Bunnies posted:

I'd like to pretend I'd be shocked if he gets through in the same year we refused Chelsea Manning entry on character grounds but he's going to absolutely skate in

Chelsea Manning has a conviction with a sentence of longer than a year which means she fails the character test, so she was always going to find it more difficult than most to get into the country. I'm still not clear if her visa was actually refused or not since it seemed like it was still processing when the event she was meant to attend happened - the articles all used the word "refused" a lot but basically just said it hadn't been granted yet. They should have applied earlier since it was obvious that character was going to be an issue that needed to be overcome.

That said, McInnes totally shouldn't get his visa and I'm gonna be pissed off when he inevitably does.

• Locked thread