Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I got zero blue orbs in both of my free summon circles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

:same:

Man did work for me for a long time

Man continues to do work for me.

He's still remarkably effective for a non-merged unit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finally got my first Linde!!

Now I just need Olwen to complete the collection.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

hopefully i can scrounge out more merges before the banner's over

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I got zero blue orbs in both of my free summon circles

I got one each

One had a 4* Silas (my first) and one had a 3* Cordelia (whom I'll probably merge eventually) though so y'know what I'll take it

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just can't seem to beat Infernal Aversa. I'm gonna have to buckle down and really figure this out tomorrow.

edit: Beginning to suspect that I'm gonna need a flier team for this. this number one hurdle here is mobility

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 28, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Roger Explosion posted:

So who are all you cool kids backing in this gauntlet? I'm thinking Delthea unless someone else seems popular. Feathers are cool and all, but I like using other people's units a lot too.

Was going to pick Odin. He's who I like the best out of the choices, and that's the most important metric. I have Delthea, Linde, Rein... I had Tailtiu but I'm pretty sure I burned my last one for Drive Spd.

Of those, I like Odin the best. So I'll send my Eirika out out to help Team Odin. She can buff your Odins and handle those pesky green mages!

For summons I got a 3* Odin and a Hinata...

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Congrats, she looks fantastic!

As for support, I'm probably also going to play for Team Ishtar, and like Silver as part of the DC Eirika club, send out my Eirika.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

gently caress, if I weren’t committed to sending out my super Soleil, I’d take part in this DC-Eirika club meeting too for Team Odin.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Magic is everything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Magic is everything.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So, uh, between the two banners, the initial summon circles got me Tailtiu, Delthea, and Ishtar. Delthea's a dupe, and I've got a 5* Tailtiu already too, but they're both improvements on my current natures. Ishtar is... +spd -atk, which, well, I'd probably rather have that than the reverse.

Now the question is: do I merge the Deltheas, or hold on to the old one to give someone drive atk down the line? Leaning towards merging, because between Fjorm, Leif, Micaiah, and Groom Marth, I've got plenty of options for slotting drive atk into a team if I need to.

E: Also I guess Clair's taking a break for this voting gauntlet. Thinking I'll send out Cherche as a change of pace. I'll probably start out on team Delthea, but I've got everyone except Ophelia, so I'm flexible if she loses.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 28, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I just can't seem to beat Infernal Aversa. I'm gonna have to buckle down and really figure this out tomorrow.

edit: Beginning to suspect that I'm gonna need a flier team for this. this number one hurdle here is mobility

my main worry would be aversa's night loving over your hone/fortify bonuses if you're deploying a bladetome flier

actually come to think of it there is one very natural partner for team delthea and her dark aura

3284081305 and she can be yours

e: last full pull i could do gave me a deirdre :negative: can't complain about having a +6 delthea now though, but another point of speed and res on her would have been cool

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 28, 2018

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

lol you know what is better than a banner where the focus is only blue orbs

two banners where the focus is only blue orbs

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

my free pulls were a Jagen & Subaki

I realyl wanted a Florina but fine, I guess.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I got a free Rein from one of my free pulls. Another step on my journey to +10 my Reinhardt.

I'm backing him.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm backing Linde because I want to use Linde more often.

I'll probably switch out my Silas for Helbindi so everyone has a blade tome battery, but I need to find a nice A Skill for him.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
The Loki dialogue in this event is embarrassingly bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Skipping all dialogue in this game pays off again

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Then you miss doing Jojo poses with Owain

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Surprise: Loki's a bad character.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm glad Aversa's A & S rank talks more about the memories thing, I was worried it'd just be Loki 2 after seeing her C & B rank. Living with the anxieties & paranoia that'd bring is interesting and I liked her line about "this is my decision, no one else's".
Helps break up the avatar fetishizing

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Huh, looking more closely at Aversa she might actually be my best option for a red tome for a flier team, despite tana being +Spd. She's a lot better than I gave her credit for

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Kliff's dialogue was the same as Silas's, which is a concept that I liked but felt repetitive. Also I actually enjoyed Owain's.

Loki's was maximum cringe tier though, yeah.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

Kliff's dialogue was the same as Silas's, which is a concept that I liked but felt repetitive. Also I actually enjoyed Owain's.

Yeah Kliff's would've been better if they focused less on being a nobody and more on how he can be kind of standoffish to people...

quote:

Kliff: Tobin.

Tobin: By the Mother! Did you actually just start a conversation?

Kliff: You were going to approach me anyway. …Don’t ask me why. I thought treating you like dirt would have inspired you to give me space.

Tobin: Aw, you don’t treat me like dirt! Look, you like to vent, I get it.

Kliff: How can you be so NICE? I try to be nice, but other people just make me crazy. And when you let me take it out on you, I feel even worse.

Or his wanting to see/learn more of the world. At least this is acknowledged in his accessory.

quote:

Kliff: So now we’re at war with Rigel. I meant to see the world, and now it seems I’m REALLY seeing it. Heh. I make it sound so grand, but honestly, I’ve just been running. I hated it in the village. My mother never thought of anyone but herself. I couldn’t spend my life there. So now I’ve found all the excitement I longed for, plus a fair lot I didn’t! But don’t tell the others I’m actually enjoying this. Heh heh.

Or just his interest in magic!

this stuff is mentioned in his character quotes and stuff so it's a shame it was put to the backburner

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Elyv posted:

It's at least in character for Aversa, Loki is just The Fanservice Baddy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Kliff is a shittier Silas/Ophelia.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Legendary banner video should be going up tonight, right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Legendary banner video should be going up tonight, right?

Tomorrow night probably, according to reddit

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yay, duel infantry skill! Gave up on the Jakob banner a while ago in favour of trying to get one so I can bring Sothe to the arena. Actually getting the skill is making me hesitate though, it would probably be better to bring a healer..? Ow, my indecisiveness.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Kliff is a shittier Silas/Ophelia.

More insulting words are seldom spoken.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Free pull Ophelia and the second banner had no blue orbs. Still a good haul.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

rannum posted:

I'm backing Linde because I want to use Linde more often.

I'll probably switch out my Silas for Helbindi so everyone has a blade tome battery, but I need to find a nice A Skill for him.

cool I'll have at least one ally. Will probably send out Lachesis or Fae.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'll be backing Ishtar since I like her more than Reinhardt, and they're the only two I have (built).

I do not like this VG. I was really hoping to send out triple-Brazen Alfonse, but every VG entrant is a blue mage. Looks like I'll be constructing buffbot Titania ahead of schedule.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
You could still send out Alfonse to counter all the enemy greens that will show up because every entrant is a blue mage.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mabels big day posted:

Magic is everything.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SL the Pyro posted:

I'll be backing Ishtar since I like her more than Reinhardt, and they're the only two I have (built).

I do not like this VG. I was really hoping to send out triple-Brazen Alfonse, but every VG entrant is a blue mage. Looks like I'll be constructing buffbot Titania ahead of schedule.

A red seems like the perfect unit to send out when everyone will have to use a blue, though. I say send out your Brazen boy!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

goons which two of you are Al and Psion ingame name on feh

v wuddup

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 29, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

goons which two of you are Al and Psion ingame name on feh

i'll give you two guesses, first one doesn't count :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Magic is everything.

If Reinhardt truly believed that he wouldn't have sold out to Big Swords. :colbert: