Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

blarzgh posted:

The joke goes:

My Granpa died on Endor.

He fell off the AT-ST he was driving.

Hahah there it is theres that old school lawyer thread callback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
this is the worst thread on the forums

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Petey posted:

Well it is now.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Look, we just wanted to stop talking about Brexit. Sometimes a scorched earth approach is necessary.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Look, we just wanted to stop talking about Brexit. Sometimes a scorched earth approach is necessary.

Yeah, those trade federation aliens and their brexits were weird.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Mr. Nice! posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes this one is a classic too. Just picture George Lucas sitting in his palatial study, with its own bathroom and assorted Star Wars memorabilia (like a life size Jar Jar cutout and pictures of George with his arm around Jake Lloyd), pounding this script out on his MacBook...imagine the satisfied look on his face when he finished that scene:

INT. SPACESHIP ROOM WITH LOTS OF SMOKE

ANAKIN is now VADER finally. He reaches up like the poster for Platoon or Andy in Shawshank Redemption.

VADER
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The best thing about Anakin’s dialogue is that it’s a way more realistic version of what an angsty teenager would actually say than snappy whedon-esque dialogue. It just so happens that angsty teenagers are insufferable.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Arcturas posted:

The best thing about Anakin’s dialogue is that it’s a way more realistic version of what an angsty teenager would actually say than snappy whedon-esque dialogue. It just so happens that angsty teenagers are insufferable.

More accurately it’s what an angsty teenager with no writing talent or life experience would come up with if asked to write a script about an angsty teenager.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yes, that too.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

More accurately it’s what an angsty teenager with no writing talent or life experience would come up with if asked to write a script about an angsty teenager.

So, George Lucas

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Petey posted:

Except for all the other ones!!! But seriously, I hope you're all enjoying Halloween parties tonight and not sitting at home googling prequel quotes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
You poor soul you think we need to google these

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
The naivete is astonishing
You were the chosen one Vox Nihili

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm defending dick jokes over in GBS, WHO ELSE IS BORED

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

blarzgh posted:

I'm defending dick jokes over in GBS, WHO ELSE IS BORED

You have to understand that the reason I love drag so much is that drag has THE BEST dick jokes. NO ONE makes dick jokes like drag queens.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Check out my new red text !!!

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
My dentist was murdered for being a Jew. In 2018. What the actual gently caress, America

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

blarzgh posted:

Put that on your resume

Toona the Cat posted:

My dentist was murdered for being a Jew. In 2018. What the actual gently caress, America

:(

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Toona the Cat posted:

gently caress this earth

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

loving hell

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

blarzgh posted:

You should be proud.

Also, gently caress nazis.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Toona the Cat posted:

What seriously? What in the hell?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Nice piece of fish posted:

What seriously? What in the hell?

Mass shooting at a Jewish place of worship by an avowed and extremely online anti-Semite. 11 dead so far, the shooter is in custody.

Took place in Pennsylvania.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Toona the Cat posted:

poo poo I forgot you were in Pittsburgh. Was that your synagogue?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
No, it was a building that housed Conservative and Reconstructionist sects. Lots of overlap with friends and such. Two special needs brothers who are involved with the same group as my daughter were also murdered as well as a 97 year old holocaust survivor. When I served on my temple board, we discussed about having our doors locked during services, but realized that that barrier is entirely antithetical to progressive Reform Judaism, but now I can foresee it happening and it’s loving awful.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
gently caress dude, I'm so sorry.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
That's hosed up, holy hell. I think we all need some response to all these crazy loving gunmen. It needs to stop, permanently.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

That's hosed up, holy hell. I think we all need some response to all these crazy loving gunmen. It needs to stop, permanently.

Dude, we live in the US. It will never stop. This is the poo poo we live with.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Phil Moscowitz posted:

The turning point for my optimism was Sandy Hook. You’d think 2 dozen murdered kids would have changed the way we approach things but I would argue it’s gotten even worse.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Phil Moscowitz posted:

we had a bunch of political violence in the period 1840-1860

then ... stuff ... happened and then it mostly stopped in the north and was redirected to black peeps in the south

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

This is just a few days after someone tried to shoot up a black church, was not able to get in and shot some black people in a Krogers instead. gently caress these racists and anti-semites.

[edit] The UK had its Sandy Hook moment and instituted an almost general ban on handguns. This is why we're talking about a knife crime epidemic in the UK rather than a massive uptick in shootings and spree shootings.

Munin fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 29, 2018

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
In true Jewish fashion, I was talking to another guy from my temple about what happened and how the rabbi emeritus gave an interview and said that thankfully, services often have a late arriving crowd. He turned to me and deadpanned “Jewish time, now saving lives.”

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Toona the Cat posted:

In true Jewish fashion, I was talking to another guy from my temple about what happened and how the rabbi emeritus gave an interview and said that thankfully, services often have a late arriving crowd. He turned to me and deadpanned “Jewish time, now saving lives.”

was chosen people's time too obvious or...?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Paging Mr. Nice for his expert opinion.

https://loweringthebar.net/2006/11/judge_rules_bur.html

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:lol:

While I disagree with the judge on the burrito/sandwich distinction, I agree with the end result. Qdoba is not a sandwich shop in anyone's mind anywhere, but burritos are certainly a type of sandwich as are tacos and hotdogs.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
That case was actually part of our casebook in 1L contracts

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

but burritos are certainly a type of sandwich as are tacos and hotdogs.

Lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

If there is bread and something on that bread, it is a sandwich. I don't care if the bread is leavened or not, and there certainly doesn't need to be multiple slices to be a sandwich. I mean, the british have a sandwich that's just three slices of bread.

My taco truck was not a sandwich truck, though, cause I didn't make sandwiches.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

If there is bread something on that bread, it is a sandwich. I don't care if the bread is leavened or not, and there certainly doesn't need to be multiple slices to be a sandwich. I mean, the british have a sandwich that's just three slices of bread.

My taco truck was not a sandwich truck, though, cause I didn't make sandwiches.

what kind of nonsense is this, do you think a person holding a slice of bread has turned into a sandwich?