Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Which stuff from Premium Shop do I spend my Twitch Prime -15% coupon on? There are restrictions though (no gold/special/limited stuff).

edit
Also, what skills do I pick for medium tanks (after getting Sixth Sense, Snap Shot and Smooth Ride)? Camouflage for low profile and Repair for high profile?

Aesis fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Aesis posted:

Which stuff from Premium Shop do I spend my Twitch Prime -15% coupon on? There are restrictions though (no gold/special/limited stuff).

edit
Also, what skills do I pick for medium tanks (after getting Sixth Sense, Snap Shot and Smooth Ride)? Camouflage for low profile and Repair for high profile?

It really depends on the tier and the tank. Some tanks have a good camo base rating and somewhat weak armor / low hp to go along with it, so training camo first is essential to the playstyle before retraining to sixth sense on the commander, snap shot on the gunner, and usually repair on the rest. At higher tiers, you can usually expect high view-ranges on your enemy, especially beyond-max-view range on scouts, so even a good camo rating will probably negated and getting caught on an 8 second repair will spell death for you, so early repair skills are more important.

There are obviously exceptions to every rule, like the Object 416, which has stupid camo and will benefit from camo much more than, say, a T69, Pershing, T-34-2, or Panther II at the same tier that absolutely need full repair crews.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, the change is loving annoying. I knew one of the two used to be a pubbie trap, and even asked in here to make sure I had the right gun, and now the one I have has 0.06 worse accuracy (almost .4 on a loving medium), half a second longer aimtime, still the same worse AP pen (that I was okay with), at only 200 extra dpm.

I don't feel at all like blowing yet another 60k xp that leads to a tier 10 I don't want.

/edit:
When did they change that, anyway`?

It's 350dpm (more with BIA and food) and an extra degree of gun depression. It depends on playstyle but I prefer getting in people's faces with my T-54 and prefer this one. The nice thing is there's really no wrong answer.

Barry fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 26, 2018

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

oh look they're selling the chrysler k, wonder if that's worth buying I seem to remember not being able to do poo poo against it from the front and that it moved pretty well? I'm updating the gayme right now and will probably log in awhile later after many moons. hope pansy is still there and doing buttstuff.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The Chrysler K is absolutely, ludicrously insane against other tier 8s, and all of its weaknesses are substantially more glaring against tier 9s and 10s.

Don't give Wargaming money.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Lol I just bought 12000 gold yesterday and said it would be the last purchase I made from WG. This game really is a trap isn't it?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

Lol I just bought 12000 gold yesterday and said it would be the last purchase I made from WG. This game really is a trap isn't it?

:hmmyes:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

pictureofwhalebreaching.png

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

"Can this tank benefit my crew training up any branch of the national tree?"

If the answer is "Yes", then that's usually the only time I buy a *NEW LOL* premium. Even then I've found myself looking at drunken purchases for platooning poo poo after waking up. But really, if I have a trainer for a line, I don't bother, unless it's something I like or just something broken.

quote:

unless it's something I like.
This loving problem is why I have Loza's M4-A2. I just get on with Sherman models, even when I don't need it I buy them.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hellsau posted:

pictureofwhalebreaching.png

Hey I hadn't spent any money in this game for like 5 years. Game seems pretty clearly unplayable without premium, or at least grinding through tanks is not worth doing without it

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I refuse to spend any more money on this game until they start adding all the ridiculous animu tanks from Blitz into WoT. :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I refuse to spend any more money on this game until they start adding all the ridiculous animu tanks from Blitz into WoT. :colbert:

Did NA ever get the nonsense like the Nameless or whatever that SEA got?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

No, no "Nameless," "Hellsing," "Frankentank," etc. :saddowns:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://giant.gfycat.com/SmallDevotedHornet.webm

AMX ELC bis scouting in the field out of render range and unspotted till the moment i took the shot.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The AMX 65 t is so bad at doing damage that I had to do 3.8k spotting to Ace it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

The AMX 65 t is so bad at doing damage that I had to do 3.8k spotting to Ace it.

It really is. Wargaming needs to fix the atrocious gun handling on this and a lot of other tanks (that they can't figure out how to balance their own game any other way is another story.) It's like they forgot the AMX65 isn't an autoloader but left it with terrible gun handling, on a vehicle that really doesn't have anything going for it. I could've dealt with the lack of armor, mobility, etc., if it could actually fire effectively.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I keep forgetting I even have the 65t. It's just poo poo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

wow they put in a bad tier 8 to encourage you to free xp past it, color me shocked

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

There are worse vehicles more worth your limited free XP for skipping. The AMX65 just has the abysmal gun handling shared by the majority of the French vehicles, going down to say the ARL44 and then going into the autoloaders (where questionable handling can arguably be a balancing tactic.) They tend to have high pen, sure, but making an entire line frustrating to play is no way to make people want to grind up the line (especially when the top tiers are dubious as well.)

Unrelated, on the Polish tree the 45TP (tier 7 HT) was loving fantastic. It's basically what the IS should be. I probably didn't need to skip the tier 6 though.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't think I have ever played a game that comes anywhere close to how much this game fills me with frustration and a kind of deep hopeless despair.

Why? Why? Why? :cripes:

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 28, 2018

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Poil posted:

I don't think I have ever played a game that comes anywhere close to how much this game fills me with frustration and a kind of deep hopeless despair.

Try War Thunder :D

Also Twitch Prime coupon is useless. You can't apply it to any items that are special, package or discounted. I can buy a non-discounted single premium time, but 15% just doesn't do, and there aren't any non-discounted tanks I want to buy (cuz they all suck).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So while the 15% off Twitch coupon is good for 130 days, it can't be used on gold, specials, and ~limited offers~.

Also, leave it to Wargaming to create a *temporary* US East server that I have a 4-6ms ping to.

I do wonder if I should buy a Pudel with the 16.2k gold I'm sitting on while it's on sale for 30% off in-game. Opinions? I don't have any Polish tanks other than the starter, and all of you say the Polish high tiers are good. Of course, all the Polish high-tiers are *heavies*, so the Pudel's kind of worthless unless you stop at T6.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 28, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do wonder if I should buy a Pudel with the 16.2k gold I'm sitting on while it's on sale for 30% off in-game. Opinions?
You could do a lot worse, but ultimately it's down to what you want to use it for. The layout (full 5-man) doesn't match any of the Polish tanks at all (4-man) so you end up with this dedicated Operator sitting there not allowing your Commander to utilise Situational Awareness. I don't use mine for crew training, I use it because I like the Panther/30.02M enough to want a premium version at Tier VI, so I can gently caress around getting easy credits without the 3/5/7 matchmaker dangling its balls in my loving face every time I take a Tier VIII premium out.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

You could do a lot worse, but ultimately it's down to what you want to use it for. The layout (full 5-man) doesn't match any of the Polish tanks at all (4-man) so you end up with this dedicated Operator sitting there not allowing your Commander to utilise Situational Awareness. I don't use mine for crew training, I use it because I like the Panther/30.02M enough to want a premium version at Tier VI, so I can gently caress around getting easy credits without the 3/5/7 matchmaker dangling its balls in my loving face every time I take a Tier VIII premium out.

Yeah, I talked myself out of it. A discount on a premium tank that doesn't make a good trainer is just wasted gold. The only time the Pudel probably made any sense was when it was the only Polish tank, and served as a crew trainer for now lopsidedly-manned Polish heavies.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Poil posted:

Don't play on weekends to avoid some of that

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

SocketWrench posted:

Sad but true.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Don't play during the week to avoid the rest.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cartoon posted:

It was probably the Halloween patch and you have been getting dumped onto the USE server if you are NA. Annoying as poo poo. You have to manually select USC.

Server doesn't matter. I have the issue to both USE and USC (hilariously not to LATAM).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey does anyone remember which clan's teamspeak I got banned from for having this as my teamspeak avatar?

I laughed for like an hour after I realized what happened. Some real southern rear end in a top hat type (different from fine southern gentlemen like Primelaw and myself) said something like, "Wow you're a real fucker you know that?" and then 30 seconds later I got permabanned from the teamspeak server with a reason relating to my avatar. It was great.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I might have to upload the replay for this one, because I was laughing so hard at the end at missing absolutely guaranteed shots, and then ended up winning because the enemy S1 was kinda stuck in the maze of dead tanks on cap, while I could still navigate my way through like a drunk. Got bullied by an Even 90 in the last 20 seconds because I went for a ram that didn't kill him, and genuinely couldn't comprehend how my idiocy still ended up pulling out a win.

/edit: Their Even 90 got top damage with almost 4k :lol:

/edit2: Apparently, I stood my ground 1v3 against the three top-damage-players left on their team :smug:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 29, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Look at this poo poo.

Look at it.

Okay, I think I'm good here:

Welp, exit stage-right:

Snug as a bug.

Welp, exit, stage-right...again.

9 dead tanks within like 20 meters.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 29, 2018

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I forgot that I own a 13-57 and I'm not sure if there's a more OP tank in this game cause I got a 70% w/r in it after lots of battles each more hilarious than the last it seems, I murdered a pair of platooned 45% Cromwell B's all by myself somehow since they could only land a single shot between them while I ran about in that castle on Abbey, top tier best tier.
also a lot of maps seem changed a lot and the new maps don't seem good or maybe I don't know the secret places yet?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The new maps are unequivocally poo poo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://giant.gfycat.com/ColorfulLinedJellyfish.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/FirstBitterGonolek.webm

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Look at this poo poo.

Look at it.

<colossal fuckup of husks, burnouts and windowlickers>

:stare:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy your UI is a goddamn blight on mine eyes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

Duzzy your UI is a goddamn blight on mine eyes.

*makes the world of tanks noise*

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Random chat rage from a toxic blight on a toxic game.

Yep it sure was my fault we lost drew that match. https://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/CodeName_P1993/1001823531/ could his success be due to playing Russian mediums?

Please try harder https://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Nerorath/1005686990/ . The KV2 and Type 59 can only get you so far.

No what's comical is how a Statpadder of your dimensions can't spot a statbadder https://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Imusingtheforce/1019592446/

So calling a mexican poo poo isn't racist? :ese:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cool, I got some free poo poo for winning a lot!

*clicks link*

gently caress Wargaming forever. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

well that's fuckin' egregious, lol