Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

McCloud posted:

Crop tops do not look good on guys, no matter how fit or hot you are.

Beyond just fitness, I think you have to be relatively young to pull them off.

RE: Filmstruck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

McCloud posted:

Disagree solidly

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skwirl posted:

Are you telling me Jeff Goldblum couldn’t rock a crop?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa needs to be chained to a desk somewhere and made to work only on comic books and forget about tv.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa needs to be chained to a desk somewhere and made to work only on comic books and forget about tv.

Don't you dare take away my Dark Archie and Sabrina.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Skwirl posted:

The only other Beowulf film I can think of is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi flick starring Christopher Lambert (because of course). So I'm not sure how hot of a take this is.

That one rules and i got my highschool lit teacher to play it in class when we were reading Beowulf.

We got as far as Grendals mom showing her tits before he turned it off.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Top Gun but every costume is crop topped.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Skwirl posted:

I just finished the first episode of Dark Sabrina and I'm enjoying it so far - I didn't expect the tonal transition to be as smooth as it has been so far. I might pump the brakes depending on how they handle the Dark Baptism, though.

McCloud posted:

I'm with you there, guys can look good in spite of a crop top but it's not going to help things.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Power of Pecota posted:

I just finished the first episode of Dark Sabrina and I'm enjoying it so far - I didn't expect the tonal transition to be as smooth as it has been so far. I might pump the brakes depending on how they handle the Dark Baptism, though.

I'm with you there, guys can look good in spite of a crop top but it's not going to help things.

The men who look good in crop tops will look good in just about anything.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Inside No. 9 just broadcast a live episode and it was loving amazing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Gorn Myson posted:

Inside No. 9 just broadcast a live episode and it was loving amazing.

Never heard about this until now, is this 30 minute Mitchell &webb skits or more spaced, funny drama?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its a dark comedy anthology show that leans into a horror. They just broadcast an episode where they faked technical difficulties (which convinced a lot of people, including myself) that the entire episode was being scrapped in favour of a re-run of an earlier episode, only to pull the rug out from underneath you.

Thats technically a spoiler but theres no way you're watching that at a later date and falling for it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
RIP brasil

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Considering one of the comics that's on hold while he works on the Archie shows is Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Considering one of the comics that's on hold while he works on the Archie shows is Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,

Episode six of Sabrina tv show features Kiernan Shipka slitting another teenage girl's throat

It's also funny because while Sabrina is obviously not the same character as Sally Draper, the conservative styles they use for the costumes make her look exactly like a slightly older Sally Draper.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 29, 2018

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Like other said, if you look good in a crop top you look good despite it, not because of it.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Are you telling me Jeff Goldblum couldn’t rock a crop?

That's exactly what I'm telling you. Not even daddy Goldblum can make it work. Facts are facts, America.

I actually just did a quick GIS search, and honestly it just looks douchey on hot guys.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Skwirl posted:

That bit was hyperbolic but the whole article was solid.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

😞😟😞☹

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Star is Born is adequate.

It looks nice, the actors do a good job and some of the music is even catchy but it just feels like there is something missing to elevate it above being just alright.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I'mma watch Eyes Without a Face tonight, but before that, have the "clean" safe for work version of my Halloween Spook-A-Doodle, a collection of 11 hour-long mixes for this special time of year: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LkL0gy4_U4i1bA3Wg3awyZ8Ckvw88vW9

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FreudianSlippers posted:

It looks nice, the actors do a good job and some of the music is even catchy but it just feels like there is something missing to elevate it above being just alright.

I think the problem, as always, is the assumption that you take Brad Cooper seriously in any way, and Lady Gaga just walks off with the movie. Luckily the songs are pretty good.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I’m never going to watch the movie, but Jason Isbell wrote one of the songs in it so i’m happy it’s doing well, ‘cause Jason Isbell is awesome and deserves to be rich/win an Oscar.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Someone uploaded a recording of Orson Welles speaking at a 1982 anti-nuke rally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQPff-EdXCg

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

That's basically how I felt. I liked it while it was on but I don't think it's really going to stick with me. Like, ostensibly it's a better version of Crazy Heart but I have a feeling it's going to occupy the same brainspace for me in about a month. That said I'm really glad BCoops isn't that good of a guitarist, I always enjoy people trying to pull off solos that they really just can't quite do, it's refreshing. One of the things I liked about the first Wolfmother album too.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

They're both mediocre garbage and the Sabrina tv show is a pale shadow of the comic book. They basically changed all the characters completely and replaced all the mind bending horror of the comic book with hackneyed teen drama, boring go nowhere subplots, the apparent bureaucracy of being a witch, and half assed lip service to social issues in an attempt to appear hip. It's such disposable sub-CW type garbage and made even worse by the fact that it essentially cancelled two of the best comic books being published. I don't mind if comic book adaptations change the stories around but the tv version of Sabrina maintains none of what made the book interesting.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Is the Apt Pupil movie any good? The short story is in the same collection as Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption, but it never seemed to get the same attention. A dissatisfied kid turning into a Nazi kinda predicted 2018.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

Is the Apt Pupil movie any good? The short story is in the same collection as Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption, but it never seemed to get the same attention. A dissatisfied kid turning into a Nazi kinda predicted 2018.

It's not like angry white kids getting swallowed up by white power groups is a new thing. Now we're just talking about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Count Chocula posted:

Is the Apt Pupil movie any good?

It's okay, yeah

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Egbert Souse posted:

Someone uploaded a recording of Orson Welles speaking at a 1982 anti-nuke rally:

YTotD right here

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Doc day: The Price of Everything shouts out that this is MisterBibs world, and we're all just living in it. Bisbee '17 is unapologetically didatic, formally interesting, and ultimately fair to its participants. Makes a fine "What's Past Isn't Past" triple bill with Cameraperson and Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Egbert Souse posted:

This is exceptional.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Suspiria was really, really fuckin good, holy poo poo.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
So the witch coven politics (noted in that article) were actually a boon, not a detriment?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coaaab posted:

So the witch coven politics (noted in that article) were actually a boon, not a detriment?

The coven politicking kicked rear end.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How's the score?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

From the early reviews in here it went from a whatever to a must-see this weekend for me. Now the only question's whether to watch A Bigger Splash beforehand...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I Before E posted:

How's the score?

Fantastic

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The coven politicking kicked rear end.

If you enjoy coven politics, you’ll love American Horror Story: Coven.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The far right and the far left are just two sides of the same co-

https://t.co/1ULVjCvag0?amp=1

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

If you enjoy coven politics, you’ll love American Horror Story: Coven.

i dont think anyone will love AHS:Coven

• Locked thread