Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

I’m seeing a distinct lack of Helgen Reborn on that list :colbert:

It just rubs me the wrong way that this mod cannot be activated from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Are you guys aware of any mod that makes your save mess up when you exit Lost Valkygg?

I don't have many mods that change zones but after I went through that dungeon, any save I had done while in there CTD'd when I'd leave or even COC to far places like Whiterun. There is nothing in there except a dude with an ebony axe so that's weird.

Labyrinthian and Shalidor's places are fine, it's just Valkygg and that's weird because valkygg is right next to the other spots in the same area.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Enderal is an amazing TC that doesn't get much love round here, definitely worth a look. It has its own dlc coming out soon, i think.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm waiting for the Steam autoinstall/updater release.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

It just rubs me the wrong way that this mod cannot be activated from the start.

It's not that much of a pain. Just have it deactivated in your load order, play through the opening till you clear Riverwood, save and quit, activate it and continue. You're missing out on a drat good mod for a relatively minor inconvenience.

The Doormat
Dec 20, 2010

:dukedog:
It also seems to work just fine activated from the start if you use an alternate start mod, at least in my own experience.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dreadmojo posted:

Enderal is an amazing TC that doesn't get much love round here, definitely worth a look. It has its own dlc coming out soon, i think.

Enderal was great. The only time I've place an RPG where I didn't cringe at the sexy bits. Felt very good and the ending was great. The dream sequence type stuff got a bit much at points but it worked out well narratively.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

The Doormat posted:

It also seems to work just fine activated from the start if you use an alternate start mod, at least in my own experience.

Same. That said, for a "rebuild Helgen" mod, there sure is a lot of "not-rebuilding Helgen" content in it that also is not great imo.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's the one that has the arena in it, right?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Uh guys my companions have all started randomly muttering Amalgam's lines from Clockwork Castle :ohdear:

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Uh guys my companions have all started randomly muttering Amalgam's lines from Clockwork Castle :ohdear:

I think that means its working as intended?

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
How does modded oldrim (with enb) hold up on Windows 10? I remember some anecdotal issues with stability when 10 came out.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

RangerPL posted:

How does modded oldrim (with enb) hold up on Windows 10? I remember some anecdotal issues with stability when 10 came out.

I had lots of issues and they all went away when I limited the fps to just under 60- it might crash once every few days now.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

RangerPL posted:

It works pretty well now that the 4 GB limit with Windows 10 is gone.

I've lost patience with it after one too many "lol your last five saved games will now crash on reloading" incidents, though, so I'm going full SE next time around.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

docbeard posted:

It works pretty well now that the 4 GB limit with Windows 10 is gone.

I've lost patience with it after one too many "lol your last five saved games will now crash on reloading" incidents, though, so I'm going full SE next time around.

hah, that's what settled it for me last time.

Fewer mods on SE by comparison but stability-wise it's been a dream so far.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is there a mod that lets me punch people so hard they go flying really far

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Average Bear posted:

Of course there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tebAqTx4xik

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RangerPL posted:

I recently rebuilt my mod set up from the ground up one by one a few weeks ago. It was dodgy and unstable as poo poo until, ironically, I installed an ENB, at which point it levelled out and I have not had a crash yet running with over 200 rather complex mods.

So over all, rather well. Just make sure the ENB is like one of the first things you install.

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014

Average Bear posted:

I think you can just make this happen in SkyTweak. There are settings for unarmed damage as well as ragdoll force.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dragon Soul Relinquishment lets you trade souls for unarmed damage if for some reason that seems like a better option than perk points

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I personally prefer to use mods that make Alteration act as the unarmed skill. Turn your flesh to Ebony and then punch out a dragon.

Also https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74327/ will let you have oblivion style unarmed where left click uses both hands to punch and right blocks/jabs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
These are even more fun in VR since you just punch people with your hand, so you can uppercut dragons over mountains.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I just got Skyrim Special Edition on Steam. I had a copy of the game that I modded pretty heavily back when Dawnguard came out, so SSE has a lot of new stuff for me. Can I follow the STEP guide to the letter to mod this, or is there anything different that should be done? I know SSE can apparently install its own mods, but how well does it do that?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dienes posted:

I just got Skyrim Special Edition on Steam. I had a copy of the game that I modded pretty heavily back when Dawnguard came out, so SSE has a lot of new stuff for me. Can I follow the STEP guide to the letter to mod this, or is there anything different that should be done? I know SSE can apparently install its own mods, but how well does it do that?

Isn't the STEP guide kinda outdated?

The built-in mod downloader isn't something I'd bother to use on a PC. Sure if you are on a console, then by all mean use it, but on PC, just get ModOrganizer 2. The simple fact you won't have to mess with the game's data file at all is really the best feature you can want.

For mods, I put a list that seems good to me on page 158. It doesn't have much in the way of gameplay changes or graphics overhaul, so you can graft them on if you want some.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cat Mattress posted:

Isn't the STEP guide kinda outdated?

Isn't that kinda the exact question I'm asking? :-p

ModOrganizer 2 really wants to use my C drive despite ModOrganizer and Skyrim both being installed on a completely different drive.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dienes posted:

ModOrganizer 2 really wants to use my C drive despite ModOrganizer and Skyrim both being installed on a completely different drive.

If you're not familiar with Mod Organizer it does some very intensive, different things to make modding super great, like an entire virtual filesystem. If you have the space, on your main system drive (but not in Program Files) is the best option by far. You can put its downloads folder somewhere else to save space.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dienes posted:

It installed on my D drive without complaining. :shrug:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

It installed on my D drive without complaining. :shrug:

Flower Girls mod user identified.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
IDGI, and no.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I guess it's a dick joke, if you squint hard?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Dienes posted:

This is likely to do with Skryim sometimes misbehaving if you install to another drive, although I don't really know what MO2 is doing.

Anyway, I couldn't get music or sound to work if I had any of the content installed off of C. I even thought I would be cleaver and install the game to C, but drop all of the mods on another loaded through MO2, but all that happened is audio data installed off C wouldn't properly load. So, while I never had anything catastrophic occur, and from looking into this it only seems to affect audio, but no gaurantees you won't encounter any other problems along the way that might otherwise be impossible to troubleshoot had you not just installed everything to the C drive.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kiggles posted:

This is likely to do with Skryim sometimes misbehaving if you install to another drive, although I don't really know what MO2 is doing.

Anyway, I couldn't get music or sound to work if I had any of the content installed off of C. I even thought I would be cleaver and install the game to C, but drop all of the mods on another loaded through MO2, but all that happened is audio data installed off C wouldn't properly load. So, while I never had anything catastrophic occur, and from looking into this it only seems to affect audio, but no gaurantees you won't encounter any other problems along the way that might otherwise be impossible to troubleshoot had you not just installed everything to the C drive.

That's really weird and in the years since Skyrim first released, with the original, then SE, and now VR, I've never had any issues with sound or anything else, for that matter, when installed to a non-C drive. That's ignoring all the usual crashing and crap from mods and Bethesda not knowing how to actually code games.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fuzz posted:

That's really weird and in the years since Skyrim first released, with the original, then SE, and now VR, I've never had any issues with sound or anything else, for that matter, when installed to a non-C drive. That's ignoring all the usual crashing and crap from mods and Bethesda not knowing how to actually code games.

Mod Organizer’s VFS is a whole other ball of wax though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Arivia posted:

Mod Organizer’s VFS is a whole other ball of wax though.

Oh yeah, for sure. It's still preferable to the alternatives, where you might end up with one mod irreparably loving up your install and forcing you to start over.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Don't get me wrong - it isn't consistent, but it is well known, even if it isn't know exactly why it happens. It's one of those deals where if it happens to you, RIP. Re-install everything to C. If not, have fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

What enemy mods do people use these days? I've been running Revenge of the Enemies but I'm about to retire my character and have kind of had my fill of its fat sacks of HP who constantly killed my heavy armour alteration-buffed Paladin lad with one power attack until like level 40, and looking at reviews I've realised it's not just that I'm bad + running wildcat + refuse to go lower than Adept, it's just badly balanced.

Is advanced adversary encounters good??

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What enemy mods do people use these days? I've been running Revenge of the Enemies but I'm about to retire my character and have kind of had my fill of its fat sacks of HP who constantly killed my heavy armour alteration-buffed Paladin lad with one power attack until like level 40, and looking at reviews I've realised it's not just that I'm bad + running wildcat + refuse to go lower than Adept, it's just badly balanced.

Is advanced adversary encounters good??

Advanced adversary encounters is different and has some good ideas. However I could not play with it for more than like 15 levels because it insists on putting knockdown attacks on everything. Especially animals.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can I just say I still read the thread title out loud in my head whenever I see it and I do the accent too ty

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Anyone else with XBOne: I can't download any mods from Bethesda; I get the error "The Operation Could Not Be Completed." From the official Bethesda forums it sounds like it's an issue on their end, possibly due to the Fallout 76 rollout (lol). Anyone else having this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
Is OBIS SE still a bloated mess like the oldrim version was?

OSheaman posted:

Anyone else with XBOne: I can't download any mods from Bethesda; I get the error "The Operation Could Not Be Completed." From the official Bethesda forums it sounds like it's an issue on their end, possibly due to the Fallout 76 rollout (lol). Anyone else having this problem?

Their website wouldn't let me make an account to download CKSE so maybe something's hosed on their end