Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

resistentialism posted:

I've never gotten camping the respawn animation down. I can never snipe people when they come out of mercy rezzes even though it looks like it should be easy.

the moment they stop being a fuzzy red shadow but unfortunately for you from their perspective they get to make 1 move before you get to shoot them so you should still be semi-leading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Hargrimm posted:

The influence of Brig at the OWL level is felt even without her on the field. Because while Brig may not be actively used much recently, neither is Tracer. That's because both teams know, if one of them picks Tracer the other will autopick Brig and destroy the ever-loving poo poo out of her. Tracer has gone from a central DPS in every game to a non-entity, due to Brig being even POSSIBLE to pick, without her having to be actually picked.

*Robert Redford Nodding In Approval GIF*

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

quote:

Why does everyone play heroes who are good at deathmatch in deathmatch mode?! It's not fair or fun!

quote:

btw i play hog in deathmatch
:shepface:

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I played hog in DM because this thread told me to way back when, and he's literally the only thing I can stay alive with. I'm a symptom of the disease I hate!

Also I just played two deeply unsatisyfing QPs with the same randos where McCree refused to shoot Pharah (or anything else, as far as I could tell) and our whole team seemed to collectively make the unspoken decision that the best counter to a very good Hamball was to pretend he didn't exist, walk straight into mines, let him batter us relentlessly, and do nothing every time I stunned him down to a few health.

I take it all back and I'm going to learn to love the Deathmatch bomb. :cripes:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Reinhardt DM supremacy, scrublords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idw0bRdJctQ

e: this one has nothing to do with the current discussion, I just remembered it and it's one of my proudest OW moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifDotyFLsE

double spray+teabag, at the beginning AND the end. AND got POTG :unsmigghh:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 26, 2018

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
You tag before you bag.

Also Jeff says they're fixing whatever it is they did to Reaper's shotguns on ptr and now the guns will actually be more better. 👍

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

glad that was a mistake and they didn't just decide that reaper should be completely worthless rather than only mostly

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

lol did that Hanzo go AFK or something? At 19 kills for almost a minute.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There's a rumor going around that the next hero is a railgun cyborg with spring heels

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

There's a rumor going around that the next hero is a railgun cyborg with spring heels

They already split Genji and Hanzo into two heroes

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

SKULL.GIF posted:

did all the channels do massive 20 minute speculation videos on every single detail of the rumor yet

EDIT: who hosed up my avatar :mad:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I Said No posted:

did all the channels do massive 20 minute speculation videos on every single detail of the rumor yet

EDIT: who hosed up my avatar :mad:

Of course they did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qikGVvtrIdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5euHfnmco

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
i might try to be pretty chill and all but there is no circumstance in which i can respect someone who voluntarily refers to themselves as "eddie the chump"
still more respectable than stylosa tho

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The YO guys are okay in my book, they seem to earnestly like the game as opposed to every other overwatch "content" "creator" on YouTube who isn't a pro

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I stopped watching all YT overwatch people as they're all the same saying the same things, and none of them are entertaining. I watched a few of them pretty regularly for the first 6mo. or so of the game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there a summary of the current leak speculation someplace that isn't in video format

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

is there a summary of the current leak speculation someplace that isn't in video format

Hard to hit jumpy railgun/net guy sounds really close to the widow hard counter that I have been imagining (but in space chimp form). Especially if this is a low damage micro-railgun that you have to plink several times with.

The game needs a one pick widow counter like brig was to tracer.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I enjoyed Raggtagg's content for a spell, though I don't think he's doing as much now. Toxic Coaching was often hilarious.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

headcase posted:

Hard to hit jumpy railgun/net guy sounds really close to the widow hard counter that I have been imagining (but in space chimp form). Especially if this is a low damage micro-railgun that you have to plink several times with.

The game needs a one pick widow counter like brig was to tracer.

if you ask me that's lucio he can attack widow from a blind spot easily by coming from above using the stage walls.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Cowcaster posted:

If you think this is legit I have a Toronto Venom post to sell you.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know what a toronto venom is, so i'll take ten! (also thanks)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know what a toronto venom is, so i'll take ten! (also thanks)

I believe it's a type of owl

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

yo its finally a winston skin i want

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Finally, a crowd controlling character with self-heal.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Willie Tomg posted:

Finally, a crowd controlling character with self-heal.

I can't wait. :getin:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

No stun, won't play him

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If you really wanna see some pants-making GBS threads, make the pve mode available iff you have such-and-such SR.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
PVE only available for 1000 SR or less.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

Laputanmachine posted:

PVE only available for 1000 SR or less.

PVE only available if you buy a Season Pass with Blizzard Coins.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
PvE will be $4.99 per campaign, each will last about 20 minutes and will be a glorified bot match with your chosen hero vs Easy AI

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Instead of a new hero, can they just delete Bastion from the game. I loving hate him so much due to anytime he shows up in mystery hero, nobody knows how to loving kill him.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Rirse posted:

Instead of a new hero, can they just delete Bastion from the game. I loving hate him so much due to anytime he shows up in mystery hero, nobody knows how to loving kill him.

Bastion sucks if you're a tank or a healer but he gets hard countered by almost every single other DPS, so you know who to blame if nobody deals with him.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Max Awfuls posted:

Bastion sucks if you're a tank or a healer but he gets hard countered by almost every single other DPS, so you know who to blame if nobody deals with him.

clearly you haven't played ow, it's literally never the dps's fault ever

if they can't kill anything and die constantly it's entirely because you're not healing/tanking well enough, always

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Also you can't really say a character is overpowered because they're better in Mystery Heroes or Death Match. Both of those modes are completely different to the regular game of "6 players on a team who can switch between heroes when they want."

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Exactly. In regular mode Bastion is pretty easy to deal with and never a problem for the most part. Mystery Hero he is always a pain since you can't get the right character to deal with him. Torb used to be the same in MH, but his new ult means less of suddenly dealing with a 600 HP turret who instant kills you if your too close.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

turtlecrunch posted:

If you think this is legit I have a Toronto Venom post to sell you.

This has already been proven false by a Korean leak of the name of the Hearthstone expansion, which is not "Secrets of the Sea". The theme is unrelated to the one this person mentioned, so it's safe to say the rest of this is also wrong.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
too bad, was really looking forward to dealing with a jumpy hitscan CC self-heal hero

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Rirse posted:

Exactly. In regular mode Bastion is pretty easy to deal with and never a problem for the most part. Mystery Hero he is always a pain since you can't get the right character to deal with him. Torb used to be the same in MH, but his new ult means less of suddenly dealing with a 600 HP turret who instant kills you if your too close.

too close being 1/4th of the map away.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

megane posted:

clearly you haven't played ow, it's literally never the dps's fault ever

if they can't kill anything and die constantly it's entirely because you're not healing/tanking well enough, always

I've taken to calling offense reinhardt players "fat genji" because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Rirse posted:

Mystery Heroes mostly gets frustrating because most of the time I'm like "If I or a not-stupid teammate were to get Junkrat, we could just spam grenades over walls to break Orisa/Rein barriers and destroy these guys but lo and behold it always goes to the guy who has to spend ten minutes circling around the outside of a level just to get hit once and retreat.

Semi off topic, but there was a kid was trick-or-treating last night with his brother. They were pretty obviously Genji and Ant Man. I asked what they were because the kids usually like saying it. I pegged right on that the Genji kid was tired of old parents saying they don't know what he was because it sounded like nerd poo poo and keep that nerd poo poo away from a cool old person like me (I'm speaking from experience on that). He just told me he was a ninja. So I told him that he couldn't fool me, and that I knew it was Genji even without the mask. He lit up and I chatted with his dad to see if my assumption was right and they were like yeah, old people were being kinda lovely about not knowing who it was.