Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

underage at the vape shop posted:

sitting in a stationary gun babysitting the skies is not fun. and the attack bomber is capable of flying low and fast from behind cover on a lot of locations.

If you mean the attack plane then it only takes 3-4 direct hits to kill, which should be easy with the massive blast radius :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The murmots is hilarious and was absurdly OP for a good bit after being absurdly trash when it came out. Now it’s good but the forever reload sucks. Autospotting the entire map with the camera from the twin cannon view is pretty nuts

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Easy to read, easy to digest. Don’t quit before 11/20 please.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

How do I know if I bought the Deluxe Edition?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Aw, thanks!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

My joke answer is just write our good friends at EA customer service I’m sure they will be glad to help!

My actual answer: Origin tells you doesn’t it? I’m not home to check but you can look at what’s on your account or go to the Shop and select BFV and see what it’ll let you purchase?

If I was in front of it, I could definitely answer. Ugh.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
It's quite faint, but the artwork on my preorder in Origin has the words "Deluxe Edition" on it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Tab8715 posted:

You paid $80 instead of $60.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I've shot down a lot of planes with LMGs in BF1.

Hell, I've got two plane kills with the Fedorov trench. It's not really that hard to counter aircraft lol

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

You paid $80 instead of $60.

gently caress :(

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

I'm paying $15 just to have every plane upgrade tree completed before the 20th.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Symetrique posted:

I'm paying $15 just to have every plane upgrade tree completed before the 20th.

Is there a way I can bump up to the 15th release?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tab8715 posted:

Is there a way I can bump up to the 15th release?

looks like they have that Origin Premium thing you can pay for

you can probably pay for 1 month ($15) and cancel after that lol

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 26, 2018

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Tab8715 posted:

When you look at the cover art in your library in Origin, do you have a pretty lady or some guy.

If you have some guy, congrats, you bought the deluxe edition!

I'm still convinced the lady being on the normal ed. box art is a brilliant troll by EA

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
what is this garbage paying more to not have the game be delayed

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Gaming 2018

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Can’t wait for them to force peer-to-peer networking on us in the age of cloud infrastructure!

You just watch.

They’ll loving do it eventually.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EA is the Monsanto of gaming.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Round-Up is amazing. And so is Battlefield. Checks out.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Also the phased release was the plan even before the delay happened but whatever you can ignore that if you want to.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
garbage no matter what month the game comes out

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Much like your posts

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's taking too long to be November.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Round-Up is amazing. And so is Battlefield. Checks out.

Roundup is rad as hell and so are optimized high yield crops but hoo boy Monsanto is greedy as hell moneywise, if I didn't think the reference would be lost on most of the thread I'd have said they're the DuPont or the RJ Reynolds of vidya games

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

I only harvest organic pubbie tears.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Philman posted:

I only harvest organic pubbie tears.

You get more when you use science though

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

You get more when you use science though

Yeah, that's why I prefer a SOFLAM/Javelin combo tbh

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gonna play off this post earlier:

Because some of you and the lurkers don’t know that this is a thing:

And you may be thinking but why does this matter? EASY! It’s because you can play BATTLEFIELD V for FREE days before it launches.

See that above where it says Battlefield V? Yeah, you want to do this free 7-day trial when the game comes out IF YOU DIDN’T BUY IT.

Come play on launch with us for your 10-hour Trial and know this is your easiest way to decide if you like the game or not.

<3

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
If I've already pre-ordered the deluxe edition can I sub to the premier thing just once to unlock it early?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bang3r posted:

If I've already pre-ordered the deluxe edition can I sub to the premier thing just once to unlock it early?

yep

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bang3r posted:

That's what I did and you should see an option to refund your deluxe edition preorder through origin (didn't work for me I had to call support). You could also refund your preorder and buy it again once you have origin premier to get the 10% discount.

quote:

Origin Access Premier

I already have Origin Access Premier. Does that count as a pre-order? Do I get the Enlister Offer extras or do I have pre-order Battlefield V specifically to get those?

Ryan McArthur (Producer): Yes!

If I have Origin Access Premier for 1 month, what happens to the skins I had access to? Do I get to keep the skins or am I “renting” them out?

Ryan McArthur (Producer): Once you have the items in your inventory they are yours.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Do we know if the goon discord will create some kind of cross squad communication the way some people mentioned earlier? I'd very much like to get in on that for as long as the goon player base can sustain it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

Do we know if the goon discord will create some kind of cross squad communication the way some people mentioned earlier? I'd very much like to get in on that for as long as the goon player base can sustain it.

Eonwe and I will do whatever you all need us to do to make this smooth and so everybody can play together. No problems at all!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Oh cool so I can cancel my deluxe pre-order and just pre-order the basic version, get all the bonuses AND play early? That owns.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/battlefield-5-progression-and-economy

seems like all the cosmetics can be bought via real money or dicebux

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Don't get too attached to the character customization. It's going to be extremely inflated. Like that jacket? 100,000 company coins, or .99 cents worth of premium currency!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Target Practice posted:

Oh cool so I can cancel my deluxe pre-order and just pre-order the basic version, get all the bonuses AND play early? That owns.

I haven't been paying attention too much to know the details but isn't there also something where you get a discount by purchasing their origin access thing enough so that it pays for origin access itself?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If you buy 2/3 EA games each year I'm pretty sure premier access works out to be the cheapest way with the most benefits

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Currently it looks like the "real money" currency can only be used for cosmetics, so no worries about buying guns and whatnot (for the moment).

Jimbot posted:

Don't get too attached to the character customization. It's going to be extremely inflated. Like that jacket? 100,000 company coins, or .99 cents worth of premium currency!

:nallears: That's how these markets typically work, yes. I'd rather DICE turn their profit this way than chunking out whole maps for purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Help! Soderlund is literally holding a gun to my head making me buy cosmetics!!!