Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Frond posted:

Hulkenberg is overrated as well, Wirth1000.

B...b...but he sat in the car that won Le Mans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Vandoorne got beat in a feeder series by 5000 year old Andre Lotterer and 2 Japanese guys you’ve probably never heard of.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

But enough about Alonso.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

He’s a perfectly respectable midfielder and will continue to be on the grid for quite some time. But can you really see him ever winning a race?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Hulkenberg is a less talented Nick Heidfeld. To use another example he’s more or less 2010s version of Marc Surer, the most average driver of the modern era.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

Vandoorne got beat in a feeder series by 5000 year old Andre Lotterer and 2 Japanese guys you’ve probably never heard of.

He was the top Honda driver in a season when Toyota wiped the floor with Honda.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
You keep saying that but it doesn’t hold up under scrutiny. Gasly nearly won the championship with the same engine.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
And Toyota has had an advantage in that series for like a decade.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

You keep saying that but it doesn’t hold up under scrutiny. Gasly nearly won the championship with the same engine.

In 2017, which - as you may recall - was a different year than 2016.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shar scraps with the rear end guy was fine. Shar is good.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As reddit will happily point out, the hulk is leading the championship of drivers who don't sit in cheating cars

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hulk is good. Think he's going to be much tougher against Dan than people expect.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

In 2017, which - as you may recall - was a different year than 2016.

The next highest Honda was Yamamoto who was all they way back in 9th. Vandoorne was caught out badly in Super Formula.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

The next highest Honda was Yamamoto who was all they way back in 9th. Vandoorne was caught out badly in Super Formula.

He indisputably wasn't, lmao. Who made you like this? The guy is poo poo enough as it is, you don't need to make things up to justify your negative opinion of him. Grow up and stop working backwards from your assumptions.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Sad to see my posting colleague Wirth1000 succumb to his AIDS, press f to pay respects

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As reddit will happily point out, the hulk is leading the championship of drivers who don't sit in cheating cars

Why is hulk not sat in a good cheating car?

Oh yeah cos when he had his chance at a race victory he blew it and cracked under pressure.

Don't read reddit it's bad for you

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
:siren::derp::siren: HOBBY CROSSOVER :siren::derp::siren:

I host a Formula D board game race every few months, and finally decided to pick up the F1 cars from Shapeways last month. They're modelled after last year's cars, so no halo. Gonna paint them up like six of the current teams on the grid, and get really drunk and crash into walls with some friends.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Alternatively pick some of the best historical liveries and paint up a BGP010

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gret posted:

Hulk is good. Think he's going to be much tougher against Dan than people expect.
Next year makes or breaks Hulk's career for sure.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

Next year makes or breaks Hulk's career for sure.

Literally what people said when Sainz was announced.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
And Sainz got a promotion to 2019 WCC McLaren

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Reynold posted:

I host a Formula D board game race every few months, and finally decided to pick up the F1 cars from Shapeways last month. They're modelled after last year's cars, so no halo. Gonna paint them up like six of the current teams on the grid, and get really drunk and crash into walls with some friends.

paint one green. it's the best color for good cars.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

tuo posted:

good cars

lol no

FERNANDO

FOR YOUR HUBRIS, I HEREBY CONDEMN YOU TO TOIL BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A MCLAREN FOR ALL ETERNITY IN A POORLY BALANCED BOARD GAME

(WIP)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

He’s a perfectly respectable midfielder and will continue to be on the grid for quite some time. But can you really see him ever winning a race?

Yeah, he's the type of driver who in the right car, could swipe a win now and then but would more likely finish top 5, maybe podium. He's not bad, but he's also nothing worthy of heaps of praise.

Reynold posted:

lol no

FERNANDO

FOR YOUR HUBRIS, I HEREBY CONDEMN YOU TO TOIL BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A MCLAREN FOR ALL ETERNITY IN A POORLY BALANCED BOARD GAME

(WIP)

What's the actual scale here, as in how long are those models?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Hulk might not be a future WDC but we are still living in the universe in which Valteri ‘Mr. Mediocre’ Botass ended up in a WDC winning Mercedes. So there is hope for anyone on the grid not named Lance Stroll.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

iospace posted:

What's the actual scale here, as in how long are those models?

About 20mm long, 6.5mm wide, or Z scale 1:220 (or so they tell me). I have some micron pens coming in for detailing later this week.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How is the formula d game? I want to play board game baseball or racing, but don't know of many games for either

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Reynold posted:

lol no

FERNANDO

(WIP)

I wanna play Formula D with a Nando car. I always try and use the Marlboro liveried cars.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paint It Red

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ilmucche posted:

How is the formula d game? I want to play board game baseball or racing, but don't know of many games for either

Once youv'e played one or two games to get up to speed with how the game play works, it's really a ton of fun and very easy to get in quick games. I'll get a group of my buddies together and we will play maybe 3-5 games an evening once or twice a month.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Reynold posted:

paint one like this please

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

McLaren wouldn't be loving Orks they'd be Tau what the gently caress

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Depressingly that was the last good mclaren, 2012 was a very long time ago

Best boys team too :britain:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Maximum amount of lols permitted under the Geneva Convention @ McLaren's last win being in 2012.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Skarsnik posted:

Is that my boy Thrall gloriously driving a McLaren to a World Drivers' Championship?!?!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Theophany posted:

Is that my boy Thrall gloriously driving a McLaren to a World Drivers' Championship?!?!

I believe it is Jenson Buttork

And yes, its mental that it really was 2012

loving hell mclaren

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Maximum amount of lols permitted under the Geneva Convention @ McLaren's last win being in 2012.

Get your laughs in while you can pal. Only six or seven more years of this.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't know Our Pastor drove for McLaren

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

ilmucche posted:

It's dope. There is also an alternate "street race" version of the game with varying stats, special rules, and street racer cars for players. Each map has a reverse side that's more suited to this version than the F1 style on the front.

League play usually sees house rules for some things inserted, but nothing too crazy. We don't use the qualifying lap rules, for instance, because when 7+ people show up for a game that would take too drat long, so we usually roll off for grid position. I like to do 3 laps per race, with a single pit stop and tire change required per player.

OH poo poo

I FORGOT MY TIRES

I made 30 of these to use as tokens to represent the current tires a player was running, but have yet to paint them up. In Formula D you use Reds (Soft), Blacks (Intermediate), and Wets (Blue), kind of like Indycar I guess. I didn't have my tiny end mills at the time I made these, otherwise I'd have engraved them to look more like the Pirellis, and to give me a channel to paint the different colors into. As it stands, I'm going to have to make a template for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf is wrong with you people