Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Yeah, having that 600 power primary weapon around means practically any powerful/prime drop you get (other than another primary) is a significant boost. I went from 550-ish to 590-ish in a week once I had Horror Story. Well worth a bit of grinding.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I suck at crucible so bad. I was at .6 kd and I'm slipping even further because I'm trying to line up headshots for ace of spades.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/Y1zP90c.gifv

Nova Warp poo poo, needs buff

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok this is maybe not so useful information, but you can tell which element a Scorn Chieftan is (so it's shield and what totem it will spawn) at a glance, without having to shoot it.

Their helmet is differently shaped, and has the energy glow.

Arc = two vertical rectangles
Solar = horizontal wingalings
Void = a ring of horizontal spikes all around their head

Just thought it was kind of neat. I actually caught myself thinking "hey this dude is arc/solar/void" without seeing their shield and being all, how did I know that?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I wonder if we're really getting thunder lord today, and how lmg's will change Gambit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

QuasiQuack posted:

I wonder if we're really getting thunder lord today, and how lmg's will change Gambit

Unless it has 100% aim assist and sniper range, not at all.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lmg may be a ammo efficient way to kill 4 players if you have bad aim and may miss some shots

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Tei posted:

Lmg may be a ammo efficient way to kill 4 players if you have bad aim and may miss some shots

isn't that what two-tailed fox is for

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
No, it's what Queenbreaker is for. It is the number 1 invade murder machine in my heart now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

QuasiQuack posted:

The quest is arbitrarily time gated by 3 weeks :bungie:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The quest is arbitrarily time gated by 3 weeks :bungie:

So bungie and Niantic announce that they are partners then

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Twin-Tailed Fox is disappointing and needs cluster-bombs to justify being in the hyper-competitive “Heavy Exotic slot”

I wonder if Exotics come from a Top-Down design (Ok lets make a Ice Laser! Zap Zap!) or a Ground-Up (we need a strong kinetic weapon for clearing trash, maybe with life regen to really push it as a PvE weapon?) and whether or not they are willing to keep things underpowered because they are “ok enough”.

The last exotic pass was really amazing and switched up the game nicely IMO but then I see them release Malfeasance in the same content as Ace of Spades or the disappointing 2TF and I’m like “c’mon you can definitely do better”

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Twin tailed fox owns shut the gently caress up bust rod

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Please teach me how to dougie

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Twin tailed fox shoots two full damage rockets for each shot fired, causes DOT with solar and has the same void debuff that tractor cannon has. It's extremely good for walking into a lost sector, pulling your dick out, and spurting all over the boss and adds nearby.

The only reason it doesn't win the DPS game is the reload which sucks but the single shot damage + AoE for explosions makes it really fun and useful.

Sleeper/Whisper are boring as hell to use. Lively up yourself

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I want all the new exotics so baaaaad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got the Antares Ward in a Crucible match but I'm not in the habit of sliding so I have no idea how to use it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Twin tailed fox shoots two full damage rockets for each shot fired, causes DOT with solar and has the same void debuff that tractor cannon has.

It suppresses rather than debuffs, which doesn't seem to affect aliens all that much, but you still get almost double the damage per shot of any other rocket launcher so whatever.

It also makes the best sound in the game when you shove a new pair of rockets into the tubes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Too bad only 1% of the population gets to try it out because of bungie's stupid EXOTICS NEED TO BE SIGNIFICANT philosophy.

*dismantles third significant crimson drop*

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Speaking of Forsaken exotics, I just got my third one yesterday: Gwisin Vest. Does it make the Spectral Blades super much better/more fun to use? I've been having fun running with Orpheus Rig lately so I didn't try it out yet.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Harrow posted:

Speaking of Forsaken exotics, I just got my third one yesterday: Gwisin Vest. Does it make the Spectral Blades super much better/more fun to use? I've been having fun running with Orpheus Rig lately so I didn't try it out yet.

Lol no.

cvnvcnv posted:

To be fair, I did get one Forsaken Exotic.

The Spectral Blade chest that extends your super when you go invis after kills.

It is maybe the worst Exotic I've ever played with. To actually extend the super meaningfully, you have to get one kill then very quickly another kill with the invis flip. It's turbo mega poo poo.

https://youtu.be/quuuwTVJAjE

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My current hunter gimmick loadout is MW fighting lion, parcel of stardust with auto reload, crooked fang, and sealed ahamkara arms. It is stupid amounts of fun in strikes.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Yay, my first exotic in a few weeks dropped! What is...

Oh. A Skyburners Oath.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

patch notes

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/47377

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The

Bust Rodd posted:

Twin-Tailed Fox is disappointing and needs cluster-bombs to justify being in the hyper-competitive “Heavy Exotic slot”

I wonder if Exotics come from a Top-Down design (Ok lets make a Ice Laser! Zap Zap!) or a Ground-Up (we need a strong kinetic weapon for clearing trash, maybe with life regen to really push it as a PvE weapon?) and whether or not they are willing to keep things underpowered because they are “ok enough”.

The last exotic pass was really amazing and switched up the game nicely IMO but then I see them release Malfeasance in the same content as Ace of Spades or the disappointing 2TF and I’m like “c’mon you can definitely do better”

As a twin tailed fox owner

I agree

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
https://i.imgur.com/9fv9dk3.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

lol full choke nerf

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

quote:

Fixed an issue where Hive Knights and Taken Vandals were not using special abilities

R.I.P. all players that never played against the original Taken army and have never experience the full "gently caress-you-ness" of the OG taken army.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fixed an issue where sometimes the wrong team would be credited for defeating the Ascendant Primeval
lol i haven't seen that but that'd certainly be rage inducing

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

Fixed an issue where [...] Taken Vandals were not using special abilities

LAME. Their bubbles are bullshit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

LAME. Their bubbles are bullshit.

I dunno, there are a lot of places where I wish the enemies were blocking their own shots more often (like Vorgeth).

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol crucible sure is going to be fun in a couple weeks when everyone gets their one-eyed mask, ursa furiosa, and shards of galanor :suicide:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i dont think shards is gonna make that much of an impact

ursa will because blueberries can't not shoot at the shield
and holy gently caress gently caress everything about one eyed mask

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

everyone deserves an ursa

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is it just me, or does knife trick disappear in mid-air when you die? Sometimes I'll throw it out then get killed by a shotgun straight in front, but not see any damage numbers on the enemy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is it just me, or does knife trick disappear in mid-air when you die? Sometimes I'll throw it out then get killed by a shotgun straight in front, but not see any damage numbers on the enemy.

It's Destiny being Destiny.

Fusion rifle bolts disappear when you die too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol they still didn't fix chaos reach

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i dont think shards is gonna make that much of an impact

Came across a 4x shards stack in Comp a few weeks ago and they were basically able to chain supers, it's mega bullshit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

Came across a 4x shards stack in Comp a few weeks ago and they were basically able to chain supers, it's mega bullshit

Good. Burn comp to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadwing posted:

try that with 5x super mods. now with added carcinogens!