Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is coming from someone who cant get thru an ep of Riverdale.

E: on Sabrina being excellent 5 eps in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DIS ORDER IN THE COURT

This is what happens when you impanel three Crypt Keepers as judges

Growing up evangelical in the 90s and recalling all the squinting and twisting preachers used to do to show that pop culture is secretly Satanic, they'd lose their minds over Sabrina. I'm honestly kind of surprised there hasn't been any controversy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm not surprised at all. It's on Netflix not CBS.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Evangelicals support the pussy grabbing Trump now, they have no legs to stand on in regards to a dumb show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh like mega huge hypocrisy has stopped them before

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1056945297513885696

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

DIS ORDER IN THE COURT

This is what happens when you impanel three Crypt Keepers as judges

Growing up evangelical in the 90s and recalling all the squinting and twisting preachers used to do to show that pop culture is secretly Satanic, they'd lose their minds over Sabrina. I'm honestly kind of surprised there hasn't been any controversy.

Yeah my buddy was pretty disappointed about the lack of yelling from evangelicals about this, but I guess they're busy licking their lips about killing brown ppl or whatever.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Spielberg and Abrams bragging about tapping Dunham?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Is she playing Lindsay Lohan?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm already crying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLCmLgjiJ8

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3--GPk-l4

All those shots of dogs running reminded me of this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zoux posted:

Her face is my response to this news (really, virtually any news about her).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wasn't joking about Strong Girl Bong-soon, please watch it.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Show of the year

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bbc America is doing a Hitchcock marathon! Psycho is on right now, The Birds is next :woop:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gotham's finale season, January 3rd, 2019. Also the episode count has been raised from 10 to 12 in order to get it up to 100 episode total.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Watching Sabrina episode 5, and I generally dislike dream episodes but I do like that they're retelling the story of Cain and Abel with the aunt's.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

Gotham's finale season, January 3rd, 2019. Also the episode count has been raised from 10 to 12 in order to get it up to 100 episode total.

In other cancellation news, David Cross says he feels Arrested Development is dead after the next eight episodes drop.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Timby posted:

In other cancellation news, David Cross says he feels Arrested Development is dead after the next eight episodes drop.

Hell, it's about time.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Thank god.

I definitely would've preferred to live in a world where Arrested Development was fondly remembered as a smart sitcom a bit ahead of its time that got canceled a bit too early rather than this sad thing it's transformed into.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

Thank god.

I definitely would've preferred to live in a world where Arrested Development was fondly remembered as a smart sitcom a bit ahead of its time that got canceled a bit too early rather than this sad thing it's transformed into.

:emptyquote:

I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch the latest season after how abysmal I found the last one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love season 4 and will defend it to the death but that first half of season 5 is so painful

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
So I watched the pilot for 12 monkeys, I liked it but before I commit to it I wanted to ask if its universe felt coherent? If the rules they were setting up were respected throughout?

Time travel shows can go either way for me, complete bullshit pseudo-science barely there to go from one episode cliffhanger to the next, or strong show bible with rules being respected making for a satisfying watch. I'm hoping its the later, what do tv goons think?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

White Rabbit posted:

So I watched the pilot for 12 monkeys, I liked it but before I commit to it I wanted to ask if its universe felt coherent? If the rules they were setting up were respected throughout?

Time travel shows can go either way for me, complete bullshit pseudo-science barely there to go from one episode cliffhanger to the next, or strong show bible with rules being respected making for a satisfying watch. I'm hoping its the later, what do tv goons think?

The later, by far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

White Rabbit posted:

There's a few things that appear to have been rewritten and retconned but I have never watched a time travel story as coherent as 12M. I can't recommend this show enough and if you watch the entire series I don't doubt that you'll have the time of your life.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hell yeah they found it

https://twitter.com/sisterb24/status/1056737428415877120

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha awesome

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

White Rabbit posted:

It's not a sci-fi novel level of scientific rigor, but they stick with their own rules for the most part and there are consequences to stupid actions.

e: where in the gently caress can I find S4 already

e: https://twitter.com/sisterb24/status/1057100687237152768

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

There's a few things that appear to have been rewritten and retconned but I have never watched a time travel story as coherent as 12M. I can't recommend this show enough and if you watch the entire series I don't doubt that you'll have the time of your life.

I've finished the first two seasons, just started the season 3 premiere and ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm really not feeling this Cassie storyline.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Your minimizing it is doing the devil's work for him.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

That whole thread is great.

https://twitter.com/deadletterboy/status/1057285802730889216

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1057283951843147777

Don't gently caress with Mr. Feeny

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well he was also KITT so he's got plenty of badassary to draw from.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

Well he was also KITT so he's got plenty of badassary to draw from.

Well I'll be damned, I didn't know that but I can totally hear it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His accent is so weird. When I was a kid I thought he was British. I guess it's basically FDR's accent.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's old enough for the Mid Atlantic

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rhyno posted:

There's a few things that appear to have been rewritten and retconned but I have never watched a time travel story as coherent as 12M. I can't recommend this show enough and if you watch the entire series I don't doubt that you'll have the time of your life

I appreciated this, just so ya know

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

But will it be the time of my life Dirty Dancing style or bad Black-Eyed Peas song using a sample style

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I can't believe I slept on Superstore for so long. It's unashamedly an Office clone, but drat if it isn't a good one. They're also willing to go much darker with the humor than The Office ever did.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PantsBandit posted:

I can't believe I slept on Superstore for so long. It's unashamedly an Office clone, but drat if it isn't a good one. They're also willing to go much darker with the humor than The Office ever did.

I slept on the first season for some reason, and I regret that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1057077360749465600

Billy Eichner for Tingle pls