Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
When your only tool is a banhammer, every poster looks like a nail.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
A master presented two images to his students and asked, "Which of these meals is superior?"

One student spoke up and said, "The cheaper food." Another retorted, "no, the expensive meal."

As they began to argue, they were interrupted by a third student, who exclaimed: "I cannot tell what either of those foods are! What is that, some kind of small pastry?"

At these words, the other students were enlightened.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
A goon asked Joshu, a moderator: "Does a dog have stairs in its house, or not?"

Joshu answered: "Mu."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Once a goon made a request of GBS.
"I have just logged in to the forums, what should I post?"
GBS said "Have you had a shower?"
And, being a goon, he said "no, I have not"
"Then," said GBS, "wash your balls."
The goon had an insight.

... Then farted.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

tldr: enlightenment is the poo poo.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

A goon asked a moderator, "Why did the Secret Service question Lowtax?"

The moderator replied, "Hulk Hogan meat shoes."

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Two goons were arguing about an image. One said, "the gif is moving." The other said, "no, the gif is moving."

A moderator happened to be browsing and replied, "not gif, not gif, gif is moving."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
a chant resounds here
nig nog try get hand beezy
many a goon banned

e: read thread title wrong

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
If a goon loses posting privileges for 6 hours and they are asleep the whole time, does it make a punishment?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

frankenfreak posted:

If a goon loses posting privileges for 6 hours and they are asleep the whole time, does it make a punishment?
The wise man smiles sadly, for he knows sleep is the real punishment.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
A monk named Seizei asked of Sozan: `Seizei is alone and bored. Will you give him content?'

Sozan asked: `Seizei?'

Seizei responded: `Yes, sir.'

Sozan said: `You have SA, the best booze in the country, and already have read three threads, and still you are saying that they did not even make you chuckle.'

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

He who turns on his monitor, loses himself.
:hmmyes:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Gallant always uses timg tags when posting images so he doesn't obscure others' posts.

Goonfus only posts anime gifs that get you fired.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Visible Stink posted:

If you light a man a fire, he will be warm for a day.

If you teach a man to light a fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If you light a car on fire, holy poo poo, piss.
If you read a funny post, you will laugh.
If you make funny posts, others will laugh.
Lead others onto this path, laughter will fill the world.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 31, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Daibai asked Baso: `What is Bofa?'

Baso said: `Bofa deez nuts.'

This anecdote, however, has given many pupil the sickness of formality. If one truly understands, he will wash out his mouth for three days after saying the word Bofa, and he will close his ears and flee after hearing `Bofa deez nuts.'

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

After many years of study and meditation, an acolyte thought he was ready. He found the master in his quarters, and entered, respectfully waiting for the master to address him.

Finally, the master looked up and slowly inclined his head. With a tremor in his throat, the acolyte asked, "Master, where can one find the five hundred and fifty-five golden man babies?"

The master indicated the door, and the acolyte closed it. He then indicated the window, and the acolyte dutifully closed it as well. The master leaned forward; the acolyte leaned to meet him. Turning his ear toward the master, his eyes opened wide in expectation, he heard the master's reply: "Ask the mods."

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

When Eshun, the Zen nun, was 21 and about to leave this world, she gathered a grip of drugs. Seating herself firmly in the center of IRC, she consumed 320 mg of methadone, 24 mg klonopin, 120 mg restoril, 1.5 grams KB, 4 grams mersh, 130 mg Inderal, and some Bacardi 151 during a video chat.

"You pussy" shouted one monk, "eat more!"

"I told u I was hardcore" answered Eshun.

She became an Buddha, and she passed away.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

frankenfreak posted:

Daibai asked Baso: `What is Bofa?'

Baso said: `Bofa deez nuts.'

This anecdote, however, has given many pupil the sickness of formality. If one truly understands, he will wash out his mouth for three days after saying the word Bofa, and he will close his ears and flee after hearing `Bofa deez nuts.'

The student queried “master, shall I make five consecutive posts illustrating my humor?”

Student was hence probated, then sent an angry pm to master.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

The student queried “master, shall I make five consecutive posts illustrating my humor?”

Student was hence probated, then sent an angry pm to master.

And the master was enlightened.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
A flared base is just another obstacle on the path to true enlightenment

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

Oscar Wild posted:

When your only tool is a banhammer, every poster looks like a nail.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

two posters were traveling together. at one point, they came upon a very deep well. as the posters were preparing to go around the well, they saw another poster who was attempting to get out of the well. the third poster asked if they could help him dig further into the well.

the two posters glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to acknowledge a poster trapped in a well.

then, without a word, the first poster pulled down his trousers and gently relieved himself into the well.

hours later, the second poster could no longer contain himself. "how could you do such a thing? you know our oath prevents us from acknowledging posters in wells!"

the first poster replied, "my friend, i left the poster in the well. why are you still pissing on him?"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

redneck nazgul posted:

two posters were traveling together. at one point, they came upon a very deep well. as the posters were preparing to go around the well, they saw another poster who was attempting to get out of the well. the third poster asked if they could help him dig further into the well.

the two posters glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to acknowledge a poster trapped in a well.

then, without a word, the first poster pulled down his trousers and gently relieved himself into the well.

hours later, the second poster could no longer contain himself. "how could you do such a thing? you know our oath prevents us from acknowledging posters in wells!"

the first poster replied, "my friend, i left the poster in the well. why are you still pissing on him?"
*the sound of one hand clapping*

:):hf:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The master told the student to picture the thing that frightens them most in their mind, in the hope it would strengthen the student's will.

But the student thought of ants and fell dead upon the floor of the temple immediately, for they were a horse.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Is the printer heavier on the way to the panties or on the way home?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

A novice entered into monastic training. The novice weighed 300 Sèr, was begat of the Helter Skelter clan, only wore long, flowing vestments, and upon his mouth was inscribed a holy word. Was the novice mocked?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

World War Mammories posted:

A novice entered into monastic training. The novice weighed 300 Sèr, was begat of the Helter Skelter clan, only wore long, flowing vestments, and upon his mouth was inscribed a holy word. Was the novice mocked?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
This needs more love needs less love.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

A teacher of children lived on a forested mountain. He wished to entertain his charges. A grand construction was planned.

A band of travelers feared this construction. It is dangerous, they said. How could a child reach enlightenment at such high speeds?

Aha, replied the teacher. Consider: this poo poo is Treepunk as hell.

And the travelers were enlightened.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

A man came to meet the shogun.

The man said, "I've lived under the oppression of your soldiers all my life. Please allow me to join you and serve you as one of your soldiers."

The shogun pondered, but did so quickly, having met this scenario many times before.

"I will allow you to join, but only if you provide me with 10 bushels of eggs." replied the shogun.

The man obliged the shogun, and the shogun allowed the man within his walls in turn. But the man was never allowed to became a soldier, for he was a join-4-shogun.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 31, 2018

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Thuges disrupt all harmony.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the neophyte took a mouthful of his ration of morning gruel. it was rancid.

"this tastes like poo poo!" he cursed.

"but what, grasshopper, is the flavor of poo poo?" asked the monk.

"i don't know! i've never eaten poo poo!" answered the young man.

"it tastes the same as poo poo smells," suggested another student.

the monk shook his head. "neither can say for certain, and both might be wrong. but if you wish to remain at this monastery, you must rise to meet my challenge, and learn the taste of poo poo. you have til the sun rises once more to answer this riddle."

both were banished upon the morrow

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Same

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

a cyberpunk goose posted:

A student lay before the master, peaceful in his long sleep.

The master, torch in hand, shook him by the shoulder. But the student did not wake. The master again shook the sleeping student. And again the student did not wake. The master’s head shook slowly and he whispered, “if only you would but sip from my cup of soul expanding tea. So many truths it could show you.”

The master gave the sleeping student one last shake before moving on in disappointment. But the student did not wake, for the student was but a skeleton.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

He who turns on his monitor, loses himself.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Honestly just empty quote the whole goddamn thing and be done with it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Honestly just empty quote the whole goddamn thing and be done with it

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

the goon with a long rap sheet: knows that he knows nothing about posting

the goon with no rap sheet: knows not that that he knows even less

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Two students approached the master

One asks: “when is it okay for me to say the word friend of the family?”

The master turns his head to the sky and laughs, the student nods with understanding

The second student asks: “when is it okay for me to say the word friend of the family?”

The master struck the student with a single blow, killing him instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The forums are afflicted with death and are gay. But the wise do not grieve, having realized the nature of the forums.