Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wonder how it will interact with totems. Like if you plop down an ice nova totem and start spamming frost bolt, will you get novas coming off of the frostbolts? I know it doesn't work that way currently, but this change kind of seems to imply that it will.

If it does work that way then that's my build for 3.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Ah, can't spam vortex anymore with a cast on x build. I guess people will swap it out for frost nova now that it does something similar. Or use all three skills, and just slam vortex whenever it's available for another chunk of damage?

Instant skills with cooldowns... getting a bit MMO-esque in here.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

All of these cold skill revamps make me think 3.5 will be Ice Cave League

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Vortex being instant cast with a cooldown, auto targeting the frostbolts is a good idea if they expect players to actually use it. Because the old system sucked rear end.

I still doubt this will be used, but at least it's not hot garbage like before.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

As someone who is honorbound to start every new league with a new or reworked skill when possible I hope the remaining ones are better because none of these cold skills are doing it for me

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I'm ready to see what they do with Arctic Breath. It's been in need of some love for a long fuckin time

e: and Freeze Mine

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I'm interested in seeing what a poet's pen frostbolt-icenova combo would be like with these changes.

J
Jun 10, 2001

zxqv8 posted:

I'm ready to see what they do with Arctic Breath.

In my head, arctic breath makes the most sense for them to turn into a channeled cold skill since there isn't one of those yet.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
PoB has been steadily updating with spectre info so I wouldn't be surprised if some new tech gets discovered soon.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

McFrugal posted:

Ah, can't spam vortex anymore with a cast on x build. I guess people will swap it out for frost nova now that it does something similar. Or use all three skills, and just slam vortex whenever it's available for another chunk of damage?

Instant skills with cooldowns... getting a bit MMO-esque in here.

Cooldowns, like one of the oldest mechanics in gaming, makes it MMO-esque? Especially in an online, multiplayer RPG that is only missing the "massive" part?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Having reasons to have more than one button is only a good thing.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Curious to see if they do anything to make Ice Crash anything but a worse Glacial Hammer. I always enjoyed its aesthetics but it's just so incredibly bad :smith:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I hope this is a cold league and they add more items with can't be frozen but without can't be chilled.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It's not an MMO until they let you have 30 skills on your skill bar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Papercut posted:

It's not an MMO until they make you put 30 skills on a 10 slot skill bar.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I might just start with Arc next league instead of a new skill

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm thinking about frostbolt totems. I have the fancy vortex MTX and need an excuse to use it.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Having reasons to have more than one button is only a good thing.
Since Vaal skills went 2-in-1 and other skills became instant cast, most of my characters now fill out the hotkey bar and then some, even with only one (main) DPS skill.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I've never played a caster so maybe I should try one next league. If only to be "that guy" melting everyone's gpu by filling the screen with balls in parties.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

zxqv8 posted:

e: and Freeze Mine

Legit forgot this was even in the game

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

KoldPT posted:

I'm thinking about frostbolt totems. I have the fancy vortex MTX and need an excuse to use it.

black hole frostbolt + dragon totems is a great combo for this.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I'm wondering they will do anything to self-cast so I don't go poet's pen once again next league.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Maybe a buff to spell echo would help out self-cast?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I'd like spell echo more if it didn't make you cast twice (thereby rooting you in place longer), but just fired off two copies of the spell simultaneously without any bonus to cast speed or penalty to spell damage.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

zxqv8 posted:

I'd like spell echo more if it didn't make you cast twice (thereby rooting you in place longer), but just fired off two copies of the spell simultaneously without any bonus to cast speed or penalty to spell damage.

This would be good.

I'd like to see some sort of spell based mirage archer than only works with self cast.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Wouldn't firing 2 copies with no other changes be a 100% more modifier? I like the idea but it would need a damage penalty. I'd say 35% less ramping down to 25% less at level 20, making it in line with other more damage supports at 50% more.

And love the idea of a mirage archer for spells.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, I suppose a damage penalty would be necessary, but much like multistrike the real bad feeling part is that it roots you in place for the duration, and that's ultimately what probably needs to be changed to make self-casting a more viable option.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1057357649522520064/photo/1

gently caress yeah Group SSF!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Groupo/Guild Self-Found would actually be kinda neat, but no point in fracturing things further I guess

(and yeah I get that it's a joke)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
A descendancy class based around making yourself apparently weaker but actually benefiting certain builds could be fun.

You could have keystone nodes be stuff like:

"Curses last 100% longer on you."
"Moving causes you to start bleeding"
"You are hit for 250 physical damage when you attack"
"You are stunned after spending 200 mana"
"You lose 20% of your maximum mana each second"
"Whenever you take damage, your minions take three times that damage."
"Your hits cannot kill mobs"

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I quite liked "Explain consensus reality to Dominus"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"New ailment: Carpal Tunnel" is really rubbing it in for Zero VGS, isn't it?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This was 2 years ago. The only thing on that list that happened is the one chris is pointing at. Group SSF confirmed?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I think Chris mentioned it as a thing they were interested in when SSF was announced, but they had a way bigger laundry list of important items.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Voxx posted:

I think Chris mentioned it as a thing they were interested in when SSF was announced, but they had a way bigger laundry list of important items.

It's been brought up several times, usually in the context of the custom league framework they've been teasing for years.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

dis astranagant posted:

It's been brought up several times, usually in the context of the custom league framework they've been teasing for years.

Yeah now that I'm thinking about it it might have been alongside 'paid leagues' as well

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Wowwee zowie Elon Musk so wacky bazinga!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheRat posted:

This was 2 years ago. The only thing on that list that happened is the one chris is pointing at. Group SSF confirmed?

the fishing meta seems pretty balanced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Allow le toucan in chat, you cowards