Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006
There are currently silver players promo packs in the store. 5k for 12 silver players. If you sell them for 450 each you break even but silver prices are really high right now and I have easily doubled the coins on each pack I’ve opened on pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

Klose Update:

Immediately after my previous post complaining about him I started doing much better with him. He's got a couple extra uncredited goals and assists (two clear goals that happened to be deflected into the net at the last second, and so being credited as own goals and a couple assists that magically just didn't count because I don't actually know why). My first 3 games with him he had 1 goal and 2 assists, so he's performing SIGNIFICANTLY better. Is he worth a million coins? No. Honestly not even close. But I might hold on to him just because he's my favorite player of all time. I'd love to get my hands on his prime card but its basically not available on PC at all unfortunately.

e: Having posted this, I just noticed that not a single one of his cards is available on the market now, so I listed mine for 1.6 million trying to make some free money.

Klose was my top scorer on Fifa 13 and 14. On 14 with how good headers were was just ridiculous and destroyed so many million coins squads with my Serie A squad.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Guillermus posted:

Klose was my top scorer on Fifa 13 and 14. On 14 with how good headers were was just ridiculous and destroyed so many million coins squads with my Serie A squad.

Yes, he was amazing back then especially in fifa 14 where heading was SUPER broken and then they put out his world cup record breaker card that had like +13 to all stats, but obviously the game now is entirely different from the game then. I wound up selling him for 1.4 million, so a tidy profit for doing basically nothing. It's something I"m gonna have to look into more with the limited market on PC, buying an expensive, desirable player with an extremely limited supply during the week and selling him on a friday or saturday for free money basically. I've noticed a lot of icons are essentially in this constant state of 'nearly' being extinct so it could work.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I decided to by ultimate scream Fellaini instead of picking up a new CB like a smart person. He’s just so silly right now at 91 pace.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Having fun in fifa is always better than trying to min max everything. I always get halloween players every year and usually take a loss but it's worth it for the fun.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Fellaini is the type of guy that is going to be interesting with two 90 stats on anything except like.. defense/physicality and dribbling. Plus at some point he might get 90 shot and pace at the same time.

It’s honestly just hilarious to see that weirdo out on the pitch

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Fellaini is the type of guy that is going to be interesting with two 90 stats on anything except like.. defense/physicality and dribbling. Plus at some point he might get 90 shot and pace at the same time.

It’s honestly just hilarious to see that weirdo out on the pitch

I've played him at striker every year at some point because- he looks ridiculous, always has good positioning and heading, and the power header trait.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Just bought a Fellaini at ST off the market for 42k then immediately opened my weekly two packs and got Chiellini lmao.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hey seltzer help me understand

Why did howedes get all the way up to 44k when sabitzer is also an 84 bundesliga inform and only 32k?

I ended up selling my alcacers at 21k but I don't regret it since I loaded up on UCL cards which should be good

What do you think about the serie a 83 rated cdm inform this week at 15k?

Good since it's the lowest price 83 inform period or bad since serie a doesn't get a potm

Edit:. Oh howedes isn't even bundesliga now I really don't even know wtf he's being used for

I'm guessing it's just because he links well to the Marco Reus SBC?

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 29, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So far it seems like, correct me if I'm wrong, you can literally wait until after the potm comes out, wait a couple days for the panic buying to stop, then just invest in needed totw cards that aren't in packs anymore and they will keep going up pretty significantly as they go extinct?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

So far it seems like, correct me if I'm wrong, you can literally wait until after the potm comes out, wait a couple days for the panic buying to stop, then just invest in needed totw cards that aren't in packs anymore and they will keep going up pretty significantly as they go extinct?

Probably. Howedes is an LB, there are very few high rated fullbacks to begin with so if you can complete an LB slot in a high rated sbc and hit the IF req with one card its a big bonus. Part of the reason I knew he would go real high. Kinda mad at myself for not getting him at 17k but oh well. The pickings this week suck. The Icon sbc ruined everything I was gonna stock Ilicic because he was gonna get very low, he was about 15k before that sbc dropped already. Anyways the only things I'm thinking about is Lala at 20k and Kaderabek at 10k. That's really it. Possibly lala at 24k and Kaderabek at 12 if I get bored.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Wait for the initial panic after the sbc drops, stock up on cards as they crash, but before they leave TOTW if you can, and make a lot of money. I think if Auba wins POTM this month i'm gonna do him if he's not too too expensive, his regular card is a loving monster already and probably underpriced considering he's big, outrageously fast, has a good shot and has the finesse shot trait.

e: Also went 20-8 this week, fed my last two games to randoms by scoring an own goal and leaving.

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006
Ugh I want that new scream Koke so bad but between him, Diego Costa and Schweinsteiger I'm gonna be hosed when the bonuses change.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
He's probably 'worth' it for the packs alone in terms of value, obviously the packs could have absolutely nothing inside them but its a 35k and a 45k pack.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Oh yea don't use your coins for anything atm including players from this totw, black Friday is in a few days

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Oh yea don't use your coins for anything atm including players from this totw, black Friday is in a few days

its almost a month away

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Thought it was the 3rd and not the 23rd lol, completely disregard

I know the 3rd isn't even a Friday, I just got it all mixed up

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ready to really piss some people off.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Seltzer posted:

Ready to really piss some people off.

I scored with Spooky-Striker Fellaini last night against my buddy to tie the game at the 120th. Best FUT purchase I’ve ever made.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 31, 2018

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

oh and then i opened my two 100k packs

im loving dying.

help.
I'm super behind on this thread and playing catch-up and WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

I did 10 or so UCL sbcs today with all the crap and untradeable cards in my club and uhhh I did pretty well on the very last one

Weirdly I already had an untradeable normal kante and I also got an untradeable CL Coman today so I guess I'm gonna switch to a French team now that I have like over a million coins worth of untradeable french dudes
loving A nice pack luck. I ended up doing about 10 of those UCL packs and thankfully packed Depay. I used him as a super sub for several games and realized he's a loving monster and went and built a squad around him. He's scored 5+ freekicks for me and bosses defenders, I love this card.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 31, 2018

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006
I need some market advice. I currently have Scream Diego Costa as a lone striker in a 4231 wide. He has been alright for me but kind of underwhelming for the price, he’s fast and strong but not really clinical in front of goal. I want to sell him and buy Suarez after the WL rewards come out but Suarez price is currently inflated due to him being basically guaranteed to get an inform this coming TOTW and I’ll not be able to afford him for at least 2 weeks.

I could get around 230k for Costa right now and play some scrub at ST for the WL but I feel like I won’t do well without a good strong striker. If he loses his pace boost after halloween his price will tank but there is also the possibility of his price rising after being out of packs if he keeps his boosted stats.

What would you do in this situation?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I know you said you wanted a big strong striker but I've found Rodrigo to be useful. He seems to be stronger on the ball than his stats suggest and he's cheap

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Inaki williams.... seriously

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

When should we start selling for the Black Friday collapse?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

When should we start selling for the Black Friday collapse?

Probably a couple weeks from now depending on any promos in the mean time.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Pretty good player picks for me today:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Pretty good player picks for me today:

Nicccce rdr 2 is giving me a vacation from this game atm. Has the bicycle nerf gone down well?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Nicccce rdr 2 is giving me a vacation from this game atm. Has the bicycle nerf gone down well?

Yeah I haven't scored or been scored on by one since.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Seltzer posted:

I'm trying to split my time between the 2 by playing WL to 11 wins only. Got 86 Suso in my player picks which I'm happy with. I liked his 84 card already so this should be a nice improvement.

bonafideb3ast
Sep 14, 2013

Any ideas for the missing spots on my team? Currently thinking IF Gündogan and Robertson however I haven’t had experience with either of them.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'd scrap one of either silva or son (or both) and pick up some strong versatile CMs. Fabinho, Dembele, Alli, guys like that.

Ben Mendy or Robertson for LB imo.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

bonafideb3ast posted:

Any ideas for the missing spots on my team? Currently thinking IF Gündogan and Robertson however I haven’t had experience with either of them.

Your midfield is insanely weak defensively. Sell Son and Silva and buy some good allround midfielders like hopterque said. Robertson and Mendy do the job at LB.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Mario gotze card makes me sad, but I kind of want to get it. Also the serie a sbc us so poo poo, the csl cards are better lol

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i encourage all of you to get good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wMXQvGnyw

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gorgeous goal this

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Trying to decide between getting the rooney or piatti card. Piatti would make for an amazing CAM but I hate switching players around in tactics. Tough decision.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Dang the Futswap Niang is pretty nice, he's best LM/LW/LF in Ligue 1 not named neymar by some distance by the looks of things.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Super dumb question probably, but do all the FUT modes involve playing against other people, or can I get in on all the sweet pack-opening action and just play against the CPU? I appreciate that playing against other people is largely the point, but I really don’t fancy it.

I’ve been ignoring FUT since whichever FIFA was the first one to include it, which is why I’m asking so late in the day. Apologies in advance for asking something so stupid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Cultural Marxist posted:

Super dumb question probably, but do all the FUT modes involve playing against other people, or can I get in on all the sweet pack-opening action and just play against the CPU? I appreciate that playing against other people is largely the point, but I really don’t fancy it.

I’ve been ignoring FUT since whichever FIFA was the first one to include it, which is why I’m asking so late in the day. Apologies in advance for asking something so stupid!

The main single player FUT mode is squad battles which is 4 teams daily (12 daily on the weekends) and if you beat all of them at decent difficulties you can get pretty good rewards. But its basically pretty grindy and boring, but thats because of the single player being boring in general.