Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Finally finished my sepulchral guard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Lookin good. Trying to figure out a color scheme for the nighthaunt guys myself...and procrastinating as always.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Dang dude that poo poo pops! Nice job.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
drat fine happy skeletons

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good grumpy 'shrooms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g4leLl2Nzo

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Asphyxious posted:

These are really tidy, gj

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

Holy gently caress they look fantastic.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Mollog owns. Should be a really interesting war band.

Also the rock is actually a squig. Stalagsquig.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Those skelebones look great dude!

New Commentary / Eratta:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/warhammer-underworlds-errata-en-1.pdf

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/warhammer-underworlds-designers-commentary-en-1.pdf

Sadly it does not say whether Faneway will score Cover Ground :sigh:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Q: Are magic dice considered to be attack dice when you make a
spell Attack action?
A: No.

Glad I never have to argue about this again

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The "push" and "move" changes sound pretty logical to me. It was kind of OP with the Thorns to do the two pushes and also it makes that action different to the one of the Skellies.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I support the new Pokemon warband.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am going to try and participate in a tournament on the eleventh. Which warband should I paint and play?

Which ones are considered strong?

Edit: don't worry, I'm not a power gamer. I'm just trying to not compound my scrub player level.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 31, 2018

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Yep, that probably gets me to start Shadespire. Goblins were close, this is excellent. Look at that sad frog!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

dexefiend posted:

I am going to try and participate in a tournament on the eleventh. Which warband should I paint and play?

Edit: don't worry, I'm not a power gamer. I'm just trying to not compound my scrub player level.

I'd say Fiends, Liberators/Eternals, and Aggro Skritch are all pretty popular.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Just pulled the trigger on this and got me the Nightvault box and the skeleton and goblin bands... and of course some brain donor packed the main box so all the decks and the board are damaged by the sprues. Seriously, would it hurt them to put a sheet of cardboard between that?

Time to find out if GW customer service is actually as helpful as I've heard.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Can you get the nightvault rules online? I have the Shadespire starter and would like the updated rules with magic but have absolutely no interest in the nightvault starter war bands.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

That troll is possibly the coolest mini I've ever seen in my life.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I painted some orks

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

dexefiend posted:

There are three archetypes: aggro, defense, and objective. Aggro warbands are like Magore's Fiends or Orks, and the Defense warbands like most of the Sigmarines are pretty dominant, Objective... not so much, but they're making a comeback with the Nighthaunts and the buffs to Skellies and Skaven.

I would suggest to pick a style you like and then pick a band.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man my Tzaangor did not go togeather well. Putting his head and arms on resulted in his left arm not fitting on. I had to cut his sword off his horn and apply glue to get it to fit. And I will still need to wait for it to dry before I can get his other arm in. Least he looks cool.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man my Tzaangor did not go togeather well. Putting his head and arms on resulted in his left arm not fitting on. I had to cut his sword off his horn and apply glue to get it to fit. And I will still need to wait for it to dry before I can get his other arm in. Least he looks cool.

I remember one part of the construction indeed being messy. Hope he isn't that hosed up :(

I had a blast playing them, looking forward to finding the time to paint them up as well. Are the tzeentch the magic warband, or have the stormcast evokators proven to be better at that?

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013

Wazzu posted:

I remember one part of the construction indeed being messy. Hope he isn't that hosed up :(

I had a blast playing them, looking forward to finding the time to paint them up as well. Are the tzeentch the magic warband, or have the stormcast evokators proven to be better at that?

Weirdly they seem to mostly be defined by their little horror buddy, since they just have the one gambit-spell capable fighter (as opposed to 3) and no real defining feature there either, just a vanilla level 2. For their faction spells, nothing really game changing, Wracking Change can deal a lot of damage for a gambit though specifically on crits. Their faction objectives duplicate some of the secondary pick neutral objective holding cards (Our Only Way Out/Determined Defender?) so you could kind of double down on them?

Stormcast are sadly a bit better for including a lot of gambit spells and casting related upgrades/ploys/objectives (any surviving member of the warband keeps them relevant). For all that though, Eyes of the Nine still have a wizard that can cast spells just fine and you could make a fun spell-focused deck with them.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I had no issues assembling my Eyes of the Nine.

Their play style is definitely weird. I agree that the Cursebreakers are much better if you wanna just Hit Dudes With Magic because they have 3 Wizards. Packing your deck full of spells and then having Vorty get cut down will suck rear end.

I've been experimenting with a deck that runs all 4 Tomes of Whatever + Acolyte of the Katophrane and it's actually really fun. You throw them + Deathly Fortitude or Sudden Growth on the Horror and your enemy just cannot kill both Blue & Brimstone. Pack some Defensive Ploys to keep Vorty safe so that if they do kill your Horror then you just bring 'em out again.

Deck list:
https://yawudb.com/view/deck/teotn-219c17cdf337

I didn't realize that Tome of Incantations is Wizard Only though, so that actually reduces this deck's Glory Cap by 1. But the idea is to basically just deny the enemy glory and slowly roll upgrade your Glory Pinata Horror. I suspect it won't fare very well against the Defensive Stormcast decks, but against my coworker's Reavers I lost 7-9 and 16-17. In the first game I was running Hold Objective 1-5 + Tactical Supremacy and it did not work out well at all. Second game I switched it to the above list and it felt much better. Still has room for fine tuning, though.

Cover Ground + Spectral Wings and maybe Faneway will come out if an Errata/Commentary states that Faneway cannot score Cover Ground.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 31, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wazzu posted:

Just needed some time, He is looking pretty good.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Thought I'd cross-post these from the Oath thread;

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete
Forgot how fun rust and tarnish could be.

I'd like to claim the Technique challenge for the blue->white blend. Apologies for slightly lovely photos - didn't have room to set up the lightbox this month.

Quite fun to paint, though it's another case of "should have painted before assembly", although a black undercoat hides many sins.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Speaking of painting, finally got around to Ironskull & company. They're based on a scheme for Guy Haley's 40k Orks back in White Dwarf 200 or so. Here's a WIP - hope to finish these alongside the Thorns.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I’ve come to the conclusion that the only really viable decks are ones where you don’t have to roll dice at all. You just position and draw power cards and score objective- and position-based glory.

To that end, is there a decent briar queen list floating around?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
It's a dice game in the same way that Blood Bowl is a dice game - if you can succeed without rolling dice, and force your opponent to have to pass more dice checks to succeed, then you're already winning.

That said, I play hybrid because straight-up defensive is boring as gently caress.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Godsworn Hunt looks super cool!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Roll dice and kill fools. It's a game.

Though I am an aggro player.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

The Godsworn Hunt looks super cool!

They sure are some models :shrug: Neat models, but I'm not especially interested to learn more. I do wonder what their Inspire will be though, and what they'll need to "feel" different from Garrek's Reavers

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

They sure are some models :shrug: Neat models, but I'm not especially interested to learn more. I do wonder what their Inspire will be though, and what they'll need to "feel" different from Garrek's Reavers

Oh, they absolutely look the blandest of all the new warbands, and absolutely pales next to the troll. I know nothing about the Darkoath guys, so I can't really try to guess what their inspire condition or gimmick is.
It looks like they'll have ranged attack and probably some magic. I'd guess that they're an angrier version of Eyes of the Nine.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I really like the comparatively understated barbarians vibe to the Darkoath band. Will be buying them eventually for sure. The one throwing a spear is awesome.

In general I’ve let Nightvault Pass me by so far because I have too many projects, but I’m keen on all of the factions except the :effort: Sigmarines.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
The only factions I’m buying are the dwarves and sylvaneth. I want the updated rule book and magic dice but the starter bands don’t hold my interest.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Nash posted:

The only factions I’m buying are the dwarves and sylvaneth. I want the updated rule book and magic dice but the starter bands don’t hold my interest.

Just download the rulebook imo and buy the magic dice if those are the only two things you want. If you want the board and or cards form the starter, then buy the starter even if you don't like the warbands. The starter is so heavily discounted in comparison to buying stuff separately that most of the time you're better off buying it then throwing the warband you don't like in the garbage than buying the board/dice/cards/tokens separately instead. You can even buy the starter and sell the warband + deck to some random guy for $20 and come out ahead.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm just a sucker for all the Cards so I've been buying everything regardless of interest.

I haven't even assembled my Sepulchral Guard, Fiends, Farstriders, Thorns, or Cursebreakers.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I just get what looks cool to me and work something with the cards I have. I already won one of those glass trophies, so I guess it's working a little.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What exactly are the new warbands gonna be and when can we expect them?
We've already seen the Troll+pokemons and barbarian band, also an art teaser for wooden elves. Am I missing anything? I've heard that there are gonna be 4 bands in this batch, is that true? If so, what's the last one gonna be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
They showed art for them all back before it came out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtO-pAXVA4

Last one is that Steampunk Dwarf faction

I really wish the Sylvaneth warband wasn't a bunch of Tree Revenants, too much elf not enough grumpy tree imo