Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Peccadillo posted:

The dude who keeps beehives at my place told me he's comin' around later to exterminate one of the colonies because it's infected with American Foulbrood

Gonna try and Whitefang them, just kick at the hive with tears in my eyes telling them that I don't want them here anymore and to go away

This sounds like a WoW raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Get those dang ol bees away from your house!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Wear the bees.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

The Peccadillo posted:

I had a weird obamacare death panels experience just now. The government mandated a while ago that every Australian starting november 15th gets their full medical records put in a government accesible database, but you can opt yourself and/or a dependant out. As hosed as that scope already is, it's since come out that hundreds of government contractors can access this database, and despite explicit promises that cops couldn't access it, the police unions have urged their cops to opt out, because they can

It's not super easy to opt out, with the three government recognised forms of ID that I have, I got this

I rememberes to opt out because there was a saintly volounteer at the substance abuse clinic I go to who asked me if I'd like to attend an information meeting they were holding, for obvious reasons, otherwise I would have completely forgotton

There is a deep and sad nihilsm to Australian people and our media, usually portrayed as like a carefreeness, which is obscenely manipulable

E: also, that 1800 number was a dead hyperlink, rather than a clickable phone call

This might not be super helpful, but when I opted out one of the IDs they accepted from me was my Medicare card. Do you not have one/have access to it? Why isn't it one of the ID options presented to you? This seems super hosed up. I just used my Medicare and Drivers license and I was done in under a minute.

I think you're doing the right thing by opting out like me, as we can always just opt back in at a later date anyway if we change our minds.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Yeah, he's literally taking the box to be irradiated after he kills everything with petrol fumes. Beekeepers do not gently caress about when it comes to FOULBROOD, apparently

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At least it's not a Cujo situation.

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/Z_Everson/statu...ingawful.com%2F

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Let the bees go but please keep them away from me.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

garycoleisgod posted:

This might not be super helpful, but when I opted out one of the IDs they accepted from me was my Medicare card. Do you not have one/have access to it? Why isn't it one of the ID options presented to you? This seems super hosed up. I just used my Medicare and Drivers license and I was done in under a minute.

I think you're doing the right thing by opting out like me, as we can always just opt back in at a later date anyway if we change our minds.

Medicare number is seperate from the ID field, I managed to ask nicely that the government not make my medical records available to themselves and contractors and cops over the phone via questionarre

Also don't forget, even on the tiny chance it's not going to be used nefariously and irresponsibly, these shitheads get hacked or accidentally sell filing cabinets full of classified poo poo every two minutes. The government has the data protection capabilities of a baby sucking on a thumb drive

I mean they loving let everyone's medicare information out and you can buy 'em on the dark web

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-04/tudge-calls-for-afp-to-investigate-medicare-card-numbers-dark-w/8676678

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 31, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

You're right. I'll kill every other bee in the world if it'll give even a single more day to my half a million tiny daughters, each of which I've named

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

No, those bees need to die. Insects aren't people, they aren't even pets really. They're a hobby or a job for the people who think more than twice about them.

Google says western honey bees live for 122-155 days.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 31, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This sounds like a WoW raid.

infected bees sounds more like a starcraft campaign

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I like bumble bees, but I’m terrified of any other bug. gently caress moths.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look deep down I want all bees gone, minus the consequences, but that’s a very hot take that gets people riled up.

Wasps and bees are the spookiest imo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m allergic to bee and wasp stings.

Death to all bees and wasps, even if that means the end of the human race. A small price to pay.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Gonz posted:

Death to all bees and wasps, even if that means the end of the human race. A small price to pay.

Sun's comin' down, all the girls are back home to spend the night nestled in the warmth or their oozing poisoned brood, which means time to shut them inside, drown 'em, then ship their home off, and blast every trace of the infected generation and the thousands of generations and three coronations that came before away with gamma radiation

So I hope you're happy dude

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 31, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

They even get a soapy water filled mass grave, g'night you ship of theseus rear end friends

(decided against petrol)

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 31, 2018

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Foulbrood sounds like a name from Tolkien.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

therattle posted:

Foulbrood sounds like a name from Redwall.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I want a movie about the actress Moon Bloodgood hunting Foulbrood.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I set my bottle of fake blood on my bed while I cleaned up. I forgot about it and now I’m watching The VVitch, covered in blood in a damp bed.

Happy Halloween.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

Look deep down I want all bees gone, minus the consequences, but that’s a very hot take that gets people riled up.

Wasps and bees are the spookiest imo

Gonz posted:

You guys are the reason we're all gonna die from climate change in the next hundred years. You don't like a thing, or it's inconvenient to have to carry an epi pen, therefore we should eliminate it completely, nevermind that it's vital to the continuation of the human species. And in the case of bees without them most animals larger than a bee would die, everything that eats fruit and everything that eats things that eat fruit.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

CelticPredator posted:

and now I’m watching The VVitch, covered in blood in a damp bed.

Nice! Y'should change your name to CarriePredator.

Happy Halloween, folks: the one night of the year when I don't go out dressed as Batman.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
um actually i think you'll find that bruce wayne is actually the mask and

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

You guys are the reason we're all gonna die from climate change in the next hundred years. You don't like a thing, or it's inconvenient to have to carry an epi pen, therefore we should eliminate it completely, nevermind that it's vital to the continuation of the human species. And in the case of bees without them most animals larger than a bee would die, everything that eats fruit and everything that eats things that eat fruit.

See

I don’t want to like, do anything to create my fantasy world. But I very much don’t like them as they are another thing that gives me the spooks. Make a bee that doesn’t have a stinger and we’re good.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 31, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Bees are fuzzy friends who enjoy dancing, flowers, and making nice treats for others.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mosquitoes are firmly at the head of the line of dumb bugs that need to die and never come back. Sorry but my dreams of a real life jurassic park scenario happening and bringing all the dinosaurs aren't worth this bullshit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bumblebees are fuzzy and cute. They are fine.

The other ones are not that visibly fuzzy and they freak me out. Honestly it’s more wasps than bees that scare the poo poo out of me. But bees do sometimes pop up in places that I don’t expect. Leading to something that would make for a good viral video.

I just don’t like bees. I appreciate them, I guess. But I’d rather not be anywhere near one.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Good news, pal
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingless_bee

Except they can't make honey for poo poo

Skwirl posted:

I think you're confusing a bacterial infection as old as beehives with that colony collapse thing that started in like 2006, and I don't think that was because people who don't like bees started massacring them

I do agree that climate change is celticpredator and gonz's fault

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 31, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But how many bees do you see and how often have you been stung? Because I see bees all the time and I haven't been stung since I was like 5.

Also, if your genetics have a problem with these nice fuzzy friends then maybe the bees aren't the problem :colbert:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Also gently caress millipedes. Let's make a bug snake and give it thousands of legs and hearty enough to absorb a point blank rubber band strike and still be able to run off behind your desk knowing you tried to kill him.

gently caress. you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I see more wasps than bees. But if I see a bee my reaction is still pure terror.

I have many fears and stinging flying creatures are very high on the list.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Worst moment was when I was doing this PA job holding up some lighting equipment during the filming of an interview of a fairly high profile person and this goddamn wasp kept flying around me. I was using all my body and mind to stop myself from shaking and screaming.

I had bees make a hive in my basement window at my old house, which forced me to never open it. It’d get real hot in that room. Fuckin god dang bees.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
After most German's greatly appreciated last year's celebrations and whatnot for the 500th anniversary of Luther's posting his theses, the German government rushed to make the 31st of October an official bank holiday. Of course, Germans mostly appreciated that day because they didn't have to work, so consequently nobody is celebrating Reformation Day this year. It's kind of funny to imagine that anybody thought they would do it, and not join in with the commercial juggernaut that is Halloween.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

Mosquitoes are firmly at the head of the line of dumb bugs that need to die and never come back. Sorry but my dreams of a real life jurassic park scenario happening and bringing all the dinosaurs aren't worth this bullshit.

I think I remember reading that we’d basically be losing nothing, food chain or environment wise, if every mosquito on earth just instantly dropped dead.

Skwirl posted:

:smugjones:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Pirate Jet posted:

I think I remember reading that we’d basically be losing nothing, food chain or environment wise, if every mosquito on earth just instantly dropped dead.

:smugjones:

I like bees but gently caress mosquitoes. gently caress them right in their tiny insect asses.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Eliminating mosquitoes means eliminating chocolate.

https://niflheimmedia.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/cocoa-productin-tied-to-mosquito-pollinization/

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The best thing about the first post at the top of this wordpress is somehow the linkedin url

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's a funny documentary on that called Water, water memory theory is a pretty underrated idea.

DeimosRising posted:

The version of daddy finger is almost unrecognizable but I can’t stop laughing at baby shark

Baby Shark is good, I never even heard the Daddy Finger song before and looking at search results, I'm glad of it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Quantify emotions.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's a funny documentary on that called Water, water memory theory is a pretty underrated idea.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1057382916760707072

It's possible that he realized everyone who buys his albums loving hates Trump and that no matter how many nice things the MAGA chuds say about him none of them were every going spend a dime on his music or merch.

Or, you know, he's insane, but all his friends also loving hate Trump and one of them finally got through to him.

Definitely the former.

Timby posted:

For anyone who was wondering about Bohemian Rhapsody, reviews are starting to come out and the consensus seems to be that Malek kills it as Freddie Mercury but the rest of the movie is terrible.

wow who could have predicted

Nroo posted:

Tonight my family and I got to hold my childhood dog as he went to sleep for the last time. I'm going to miss this little guy.

I’m sorry for your loss, losing a pet is always difficult.

• Locked thread