Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

If property ownership is based on who’s using it, how come the residents don’t get ownership instead of the fuckhead landlord?

Because the tenants are rent seeking parasites trying to destroy society m'lahd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1057496130152513538

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Alright Scott, just act normally.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Gdaymatesitsyourmainmanscomoheretoannounceanimportantinitiativetosupportourveteransandiamaverysmoothtalkingsalesmanfuckbillshorteniamtheman

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
"Hi I'm the prime minister of australia, don't forget to click like and subscribe!!!!"

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Smash that like for Scomo

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-31/resignations-at-national-party-after-alt-right-push-exposed/10453116

quote:

At least 15 members of the NSW Young Nationals have resigned following an investigation by the ABC's Background Briefing program into an alt-right push inside the party.
They include at least four young men identified in the investigation as being involved in a plot by Australia's alt-right movement to join and influence major political parties.
The group resignations were sent in a letter to the NSW executive of the National Party this afternoon.
The letter, titled "resignation in protest", listed the names of the 15 Young Nationals and announced, "There will be a few more to follow".
The resignations come just days before the National Party's executive was due to hand down the findings of an internal investigation into the allegations of the alt-right's push into the party.
I wonder what their second option is - they've got a lot of choice

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I only watched two seconds but he stopped pretending to be doing business before “noticing” the camera and that’s a sign of growth.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Scomo must be confused. Why is no one saluting the American flag for our troops?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Recoome posted:

welcome 2 australia

mental health is really cool because the primary gatekeepers of mental health if you are poor are GPs who don't give a poo poo, cops who really don't give a poo poo, and hospitals who don't give a poo poo unless you are actively trying to kill yourself

basically if you are poor, don't have mental health problems.

I just spent 3 months in a mental health hospital and now I see a counselor and psychiatrist for free, so everything’s working out for me even though i’m broke.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

The "ScoMo's Servicemen" stylized SS lapel pin will be well received in the Nationals branch meetings.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

These guys should talk to those south african people who made the pissbricks.

House 2039: Made of, and powered by, piss.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

quote:

A Labor government would bring in new federal environment laws and strong independent agencies including a national environment protection authority (EPA) to enforce them, under a draft policy platform signed off by the ALP national executive.

Developed by a 60-member policy forum chaired by the opposition leader, Bill Shorten, and the outgoing party president, Mark Butler, the platform is the basis for debate at Labor’s national conference in Adelaide next month.

The central environmental proposals include a new environment act, a science-based EPA to oversee development decisions and a national environment commission to develop legally binding plans and standards for protection.

The platform document says the new laws and institutions would allow a comprehensive approach to biodiversity and conservation, replacing a regime that fails to protect the health of the environment.

“It will reflect Australians’ expectations that environmental protection is essential and ensure an effective and efficient national approach to the management of matters of national environmental significance,” it says.

While not everything in the platform is guaranteed to become legislation, the draft document is a significant win for the Labor environment action network (Lean), an internal advocacy group that has run a 15-month campaign for reforms to protect nature.

As revealed by Guardian Australia as part of the Our Wide Brown Land series, ALP branches from every state and territory backed a Lean motion calling for strong national environment laws and an independent agency akin to a “Reserve Bank for environmental management”. By January, 250 party branches had passed the motion. Lean says it has since increased to 456.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/31/labor-to-propose-new-environmental-laws-to-enforce-biodiversity-and-conservation

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor... Good?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Somewhere, on a farm in Victoria, Richard Di Natale begins to fade in and out of existence, ala Marty in Back to the Future.

"Oh gently caress, I'm becoming irrelevant"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is change from within actually real or has become real under Bill Shorten?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Liberals bragging they spent more on their campaign bus.

https://twitter.com/ChristineMc6/status/1057492948500316163

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Is change from within actually real or has become real under Bill Shorten?

It's not like the federal ALP weren't doing good environmental things under Gillard.

It's their refugee policy and dedication to neoliberalism that really stinks.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Exactly how Neoliberal is the current federal ALP platform?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's a bus off

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

How much did that bus cost hambeet? Or did Howard give you another loan because he owes you for sinking the Republican Referendum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's a loaner from his friends, the honest businessmen.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

hambeet posted:

It's a loaner from his friends, the honest businessmen.

Legitimate businessmen

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress that's the phrase i wanted. i'm busy cooking dinner and it wasn't coming to mind.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm cooking lobster

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
What would be the point of a federal EPA?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

What would be the point of a federal EPA?

To save Qld and WA from themselves

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Jonah Galtberg posted:

To save Qld and WA from themselves

Don't you dare stop us digging up our state and selling it to china by the shipload.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Haw haw haw methinks I see the bus of a peasant! You there good lad, toot at them, give them a right tooting! Haw haw, that's the spirit! Showed them!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

drunkill posted:

Liberals bragging they spent more on their campaign bus.

https://twitter.com/ChristineMc6/status/1057492948500316163

Is she a journalist or their PR person?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

Is she a journalist or their PR person?

Same thing in this media environment.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/tminear/status/1057581647795810305

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

jfc

What is wrong with these people?

Delete your social media prior to any of this and these problems wouldn’t exist. Every election there’s always candidates getting done due to social media idiocy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Greens motion being put to the senate tomorrow: bin diving yeah or nah?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dude McAwesome posted:

jfc

What is wrong with these people?

Delete your social media prior to any of this and these problems wouldn’t exist. Every election there’s always candidates getting done due to social media idiocy.

*electorate gets mad at me* Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

not wrong on the last post

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Joanna sounds like she posts in the ausgbs thread.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'd vote for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Joanna fuckin' rules

• Locked thread