Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also HIC had the most unique thing ever as far as character stuff goes

She came to Earth and fell in love with a comedian for no advantage of her own. And from what we could tell, that was a genuine affection for him.

And then she got the chance to do it all over again and DID so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Clawtopsy posted:

Hell, Roxy had the most reason to dislike her of the cast, and Roxy STILL begged her for help when the Tricksters were coming.

Any port in a storm.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Vriska's character makes a lot more sense in the context of the Vrisky Business comic from Paradox Space but then nothing was really done with that aspect of her character so welp!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
It’s over and it sucked.

Who did he hire to make act 7 it was too drat pretty

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Clawtopsy posted:

my fren have u herd the good word of Aranea Serket, who had the most successful character arc in Homes Tuck and was ultimately a more successful portrayal of Vriska than Vriska?

Like I stated before, I thought of her as an extraneous waste too late in the story to give a poo poo, and she would have been better served as alt-Vriska. Aranea did nothing for me. It was just more Vriska cudgeling. Her going evil was too obvious and dull.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Xinder posted:

It’s over and it sucked.

Who did he hire to make act 7 it was too drat pretty

The FX were done by Jeffrey Lai, which were impressive

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Angela Sham did the animating.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Aranea was a fisher-price Vriska. Vriska's death on the meteor was an excellent culmination of her plotline.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
it was a great ending to her plotline, yes

sadly nobody told the author and she kept turning up!!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So, looks like Undertale is getting a sequel: https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/31/18044640/deltarune-free-download-undertale-game

And with that Toby Fox has officially lapped Hiveswap in terms of "games that exist and can be played in entirety".

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dunno about "getting" I played for over an hour and no sign it's gonna stop short, this might be a full game???

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Guuuuuuys, it hasn't been 24 hours yet!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Regy Rusty posted:

Dunno about "getting" I played for over an hour and no sign it's gonna stop short, this might be a full game???

It’s a whole chapter of a bigger game. I clocked in at just over two hours it’s nuts

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nina posted:

It’s a whole chapter of a bigger game. I clocked in at just over two hours it’s nuts

Nice

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Guuuuuuys, it hasn't been 24 hours yet!

Heh, you think I care about the RULES? I live life on the EDGE :smug:

....also, technically, I'm not discussing the content of the game just acknowledging that it exists so hopefully Mr. Toby Fox won't be mad at me :ohdear:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I am glad Toby Fox is doing well

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Tony took one look at Homestuck, said “But I know how to get even MORE fans with this sort of material” and then he did because raw sincerity goes farther in the end than bitter irony and self-loathing

Dunno if I’ll play it but Delta Rune is going to sell quintillions

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, looks like Undertale is getting a sequel: https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/31/18044640/deltarune-free-download-undertale-game

And with that Toby Fox has officially lapped Hiveswap in terms of "games that exist and can be played in entirety".

Toby's still shirking on his 'write a comic' stretch goal though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Black August posted:

Tony took one look at Homestuck, said “But I know how to get even MORE fans with this sort of material” and then he did because raw sincerity goes farther in the end than bitter irony and self-loathing

Dunno if I’ll play it but Delta Rune is going to sell quintillions

You should play the Deltarune demo. It's free and a nice sweet/spooky game for Halloween.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Tunicate posted:

Toby's still shirking on his 'write a comic' stretch goal though.

I've become convinced that writing comics is just a bad idea in general

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I was gonna ask "what are the odds that Deltarune releases all of its chapters before Hiveswap?" but let's be real. Deltarune is likely to see every chapter released before Hiveswap Act 2.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wouldn't be shocked if Deltarune was realesed before the end of the year, TBH

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Deltarune is brilliant

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Deltarune was realesed before the end of the year, TBH

I would be

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqn3p9

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Spellman posted:

Deltarune is brilliant

yeah

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

NVM then

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

There's still a pretty good chance it gets released before Hiveswap though.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Has anyone called Deltarune post-Scratch Undertale yet?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I don’t believe hiveswap act 2 will come out period.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I am so glad tbat Toby has still got it. That was a very pleasant game.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Scarodactyl posted:

I am so glad tbat Toby has still got it. That was a very pleasant game.
You can tell he’s incredibly nervous because Undertale has set expectations so high.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Ralsei is possibly the most charming character I've ever met in a videogame

he's, so good

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's hard to ignore the battle mechanics now because they look so good

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tunicate posted:

On the mspa forums, shortly after CG showed up for the first time hating Jade, some guy who hated Jade registered the Carciogeneticist account and made a few hundred gimmickposts in character as him.

Hussie joked that given how much more content the rando forumite had spewed out, HE was the one writing fanfiction now.

Andrew. Would you like to play a game?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So it seems George Buzinkai, composer of such minor songs as Ascend, Showtime and Doctor, has unexpectedly passed away. :(

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

WHAT?! Of what? How? God dammit his music was THE sound of early Homestuck for me. He seemed like he was really trying and kept getting hosed over. Jesus. :(

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Those are some of the best tracks, rip

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm not seeing a cause of death posted anywhere, but the pics of him floating around look like he was maybe in his 40s so it must have been something bad. Horrible.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fender Anarchist posted:

So it seems George Buzinkai, composer of such minor songs as Ascend, Showtime and Doctor, has unexpectedly passed away. :(

That very tragic, he was a talented guy. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

well that sucks