Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jersey supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Qu'est-ce que c'est

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's Devils night and "soda" is pop

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

shovelbum posted:

no there arent, this thread isnt super full of nc goons!

lol i almost went to the john carpenter double feature you posted about last friday, we would have been in the same room

i think it was you that posted that anyway

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wynona Dryder posted:

Qu'est-ce que c'est

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You're thinking of "coke"

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Lol greece

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Lot of self hating swedes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

philadelphia is the best city in the united states of america

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

i'm the random pocket entirely within... iowa, where the night before halloween has a name, but not mischief night or devil's night

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

this reminds me of all those maps that show I live in an island of soda surrounded by pop

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh hi everyone

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

the npc was the unfortunate outcome of /biz/'s desire to continually make new reaction faces (red wojak, zoomer, and 30-year-old boomer are pretty funny). it wasn't funny there but the most unfunny people on 4chan (/pol/) picked it up and ran with it and it is extremely cringey and bad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

triple sulk posted:

philadelphia is the best city in the united states of america

Philadelphia is actually part of new jersey

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The gently caress is mischief night

You know what we call the night before Halloween here

Another day in hell

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was not asking for anyone’s opinion on soda/coke/pop

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

2DCAT posted:

Oh hi everyone

Did you get locked up yet

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Wait, Devil's Night isn't a nation-wide term???

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ArmZ posted:

Philadelphia is actually part of new jersey

what the gently caress

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

2DCAT posted:

Oh hi everyone

oh hai mark

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

alnilam posted:

i'm the random pocket entirely within... iowa, where the night before halloween has a name, but not mischief night or devil's night

rally night

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

2DCAT posted:

Oh hi everyone

hey flatcat

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

In the United States and Canada

In most of New Jersey, as well as in Philadelphia, Delaware, parts of New York State, and Connecticut, it is referred to as "Mischief Night" or, particularly in the Great Lakes region, "Devil's Night". In some towns in Northern New Jersey and parts of New York State, it is also known as "Goosey Night".[3][4]

Meanwhile, in Baltimore, Maryland, it has traditionally been referred to as "Moving Night" due to the custom of exchanging or stealing porch furniture and other outside items.[5]

In rural Niagara Falls, Ontario, during the 1950s and 1960s, Cabbage Night (French: Nuit de Chou) referred to the custom of raiding local gardens for leftover rotting cabbages and hurling them about to create mischief in the neighborhood. Today, the night is still celebrated in Ontario but is commonly known as "Cabbage Night" in parts of Vermont; Connecticut; Bergen County, New Jersey; Upstate New York; Northern Kentucky; Newport, Rhode Island; Western Massachusetts; and Boston, Massachusetts.[6]

It is known as "Gate Night" in New Hampshire, West Kootenay (British Columbia), Vancouver Island, Winnipeg, Thunder Bay (Ontario), Bay City (Michigan), Rockland County (New York), North Dakota and South Dakota; as "Mat Night" in Quebec; and as "Devil's Night" in many places throughout Canada, Michigan, and western Pennsylvania.[7]

In the United Kingdom

In some parts of the country, "Mischief Night" is held on October 30, the night before Halloween. The separation of Halloween tricks from treats seems to have only developed in certain areas, often appearing in one region but not at all nearby.[7]

Mischief night is known in Yorkshire as "Mischievous Night", or the shortened "'Chievous Night" "Miggy Night", "Tick-Tack Night", "Corn Night", "Trick Night" or "Micky Night" and is celebrated across the north of England on November 4 the night before Bonfire Night.[8] In some areas of Yorkshire, it is extremely popular among thirteen-year-olds as they believe it to be a sort of "coming of age ceremony".[9]

In and around the city of Liverpool, Mischief Night is known locally as "Mizzy Night"; trouble spots were being tackled by Merseyside Police in 2015.[10]

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

2DCAT posted:

Oh hi everyone

hi when do you testify

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Philadelphia is a close to a city state as is possible

it belongs to itself

the rest of PA is not related at all

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
halloween is my yearly reminder that daylight savings time is this weekend, and election day is next tuesday

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

triple sulk posted:

what the gently caress

think about it

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeemJlrNx2Q

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Oh hi everyone

Hi 2DCAT

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

that was ln u fool

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

buddhanc posted:

Did you get locked up yet

They have to go through Hillary to get to me!!!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

alnilam posted:

hmmmmm

https://twitter.com/chuckgrassley/status/529356795924725760

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Philadelphia is a close to a city state as is possible

it belongs to itself

the rest of PA is not related at all

the entire state of pa would collapse if it didn't have philly's tax dollars to steal

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

2DCAT posted:

Oh hi everyone

buenos tardes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
fill the streets

grill the meats

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ArmZ posted:

think about it

i'm not

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hallowe'en = All Hallows Eve
October 30 = All Hallows Adam

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

KaptainKrunk posted:

the npc was the unfortunate outcome of /biz/'s desire to continually make new reaction faces (red wojak, zoomer, and 30-year-old boomer are pretty funny). it wasn't funny there but the most unfunny people on 4chan (/pol/) picked it up and ran with it and it is extremely cringey and bad

sorry but this is rite-aid do you want these extra large adult diapers or not

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big McHuge posted:

Wait, Devil's Night isn't a nation-wide term???

A lot of people think it was made up by The Crow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

PostNouveau posted:

trumpampoline?

• Locked thread