Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gologle posted:

"Man these challenge quests sure are easy" said I pressing the Waver button, "haven't even had to use the buff items at all"

"FGO ONLY SERVANTS"

"Eh, how bad can it be"

NO WAVER
NO GILGAMESH
NO ARASH
NO ZERKERLOT
NO HERACLES
NO SABERTORIA
NO EMIYA
NO CU CHULAINN
NO HANS

f-f-f-f-f-gently caress... BOY I SURE AM GLAD I HAVE MY...Jalter and Rider Kintoki and...Mash, I guess???

Bruh Jalter and Kintoki are top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Imagine being so unlucky you have Jalter though.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

my entire team is FGO-original, lol

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The joke is someone who raised their fan favorites from the other stuff and neglected their roster is poo poo out of luck. Which I have not, electing to raise at least 3 of every class in the game for just this kind of restriction, but still, getting to the select screen and seeing the majority of my go to's blanked out was a reality check. Yes, that even includes Artoria, I use her a lot because of the NP3 spooks.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Nightingale has been really useful throughout this event and I'm glad I rushed her leveling with the rateup on special successes and the Nerofest XP. I'm still dead on seeds, though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Imagine being so unlucky you have Jalter though.

And what is unlucky about Jalter? :colbert:
She is a cool and good friend who burns things with psychic hate flames.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's also a sign that I probably rely on Waver too much, tbh. The final FGO Only node took the longest by far of any of them, 12 turns instead of 3-4.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gologle posted:

It's also a sign that I probably rely on Waver too much, tbh. The final FGO Only node took the longest by far of any of them, 12 turns instead of 3-4.

I pretty much only use him if I'm stuck on a node as a last resort.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
insert comment about not feeding every servant smh

I have a good amount of servants to feed on my JP account.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shorties were my weak point, though Hans and support Iba were good carries. female only was also annoying if only because i didn't have a female saber for class advantage

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The finale of the challenge quests with Cu, Emiya, and Artoria vs. Newcomers was something I barely clutched through by spending a command seal to let Beowulf do back-to-back NPs so that I could delete Artoria and then hit Cu through his Protection from Arrows. It's tricky.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

shorties were my weak point, though Hans and support Iba were good carries. female only was also annoying if only because i didn't have a female saber for class advantage

Elidrum is right there, trying to get your attention. No one's fault but your own if you didn't feed the 100 embers from this event to her.:v:

It looks like you rerolled mid-year, so I guess you don't actually have Lily too?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Crasical posted:

The finale of the challenge quests with Cu, Emiya, and Artoria vs. Newcomers was something I barely clutched through by spending a command seal to let Beowulf do back-to-back NPs so that I could delete Artoria and then hit Cu through his Protection from Arrows. It's tricky.
My problem with that node was Emiya spamming evade and critting everyone to death.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

And what is unlucky about Jalter? :colbert:
She is a cool and good friend who burns things with psychic hate flames.

Oh that was sarcasm and re-reading their post I missed the point.

JAlter is never leaving my team unless there are missions that restrict using her. She's in my top 2 characters in FGO

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Why is nobody in here talking about Elizabeth JAPAN?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Schubalts posted:

WHY IS SHE NOT OBTAINABLE JAPAN WHY

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Why is nobody in here talking about

Because it's considered bad form to post spoilers for the event while it's in progress?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Schubalts posted:

Christ weeaboo Lizzie.
Did she get bitten by a radioactive Mikon?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

Because it's considered bad form to post spoilers for the event while it's in progress?

Compared to every other time we talk about currently running events?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spoilers: DW lied

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
If you’re grinding the pyramid node, it’s totally worth it to level Hero Eli. She absolutely mulches the knights with her 100% damage bonus and class advantage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Cleo with her +50% damage also wrecks the node btw

Especially the sphinx

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

also cleo has the best combat animations

kicking your rear end with style

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

'cause this thread is for both JP and NA and we were hoping to keep some of the trolls hidden from NA so they'd have their full impact two years down the line?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

UHD posted:

also cleo has the best combat animations

kicking your rear end with style

I didn't think I'd want Cleo, but that changed. And sadly I'd have to buy Quartz to even attempt the great lie known as rate-up, so it's not meant to be.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

One look at the anime threads for Jojo's should kill any notion of that ever fully working out. That this thread manages to not be full of main singularity spoilers is a legitimate miracle.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Oh Snapple! posted:

One look at the anime threads for Jojo's should kill any notion of that ever fully working out. That this thread manages to not be full of main singularity spoilers is a legitimate miracle.
I unbookmarked the JoJo thread after a page-long discussion of which of the protagonist's powers don't come up again

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

I like to use Jack for the Sphinx. The Sphinx in the Pyramid node counts as female, and Jack turbo fucks it with her NP.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
JP players have been pretty good about not spoiling things here since part 2 started imo, and it would be nice for things to stay that way with events as well.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Rorahusky posted:

I like to use Jack for the Sphinx. The Sphinx in the Pyramid node counts as female, and Jack turbo fucks it with her NP.

poo poo, it does?

Carmilla! Time to earn your paycheck!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

"*character* shows up in *holiday event*" is not even on the same planet as actually spoiling Lostbelt 2.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

poo poo, it does?

Carmilla! Time to earn your paycheck!

Indeed, that specific version of the Sphinx enemy has the Female tag, so any and all Anti-Female Noble Phantasms will work against it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Regular sphinxes are also Male for whenever that's relevant (Medb I guess). They're one of the few large monster types with a gender.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Schubalts posted:

"*character* shows up in *holiday event*" is not even on the same planet as actually spoiling Lostbelt 2.

It would still be nice not to spoil it after DW has spent months saying otherwise about that character. Preserve the experience, y'know?

Also, please join the discord, you can talk all the spoilers you want in the jp-discussion channel.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

So is there gonna be later opportunities to pick up copies of Liz Brave or is she done after this Halloween? Would like to NP5 her due to a lack of decent sabers, but since I'm less than two weeks into a fresh reroll I simply don't have the roster needed to clear some of these nodes without getting real stupid.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

So is there gonna be later opportunities to pick up copies of Liz Brave or is she done after this Halloween? Would like to NP5 her due to a lack of decent sabers, but since I'm less than two weeks into a fresh reroll I simply don't have the roster needed to clear some of these nodes without getting real stupid.

Level up a george and mash, borrow someone's Cu Alter.

She gets a rerun next year. Np2 is honestly all you need.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

All DW said was that no more Halloween events would be entirely about Liz. Knowing that she still shows up in events is not some ~experience destroying~ knowledge.

Where was this when we talked about summer, Gudaguda, Valentine's, Christmas, or every single other JP event, let alone when the Part 1.5 and Lostbelt promo videos get posted in here?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Schubalts posted:

All DW said was that no more Halloween events would be entirely about Liz. Knowing that she still shows up in events is not some ~experience destroying~ knowledge.

Where was this when we talked about summer, Gudaguda, Valentine's, Christmas, or every single other JP event, let alone when the Part 1.5 and Lostbelt promo videos get posted in here?

It's not some principled stand, it's just a consensus that the jp-discussion channel in discord arrived at for this particular event. I realize we can't expect thread-only goons to follow that.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Credit where it's due: People have been good about not spoiling the big Summer 2018 twists in this thread, and aside from a few boss screenshots the EoR and Lostbelt spoilers have all been well-marked. Those are all things that could have gone a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

For a real, actual Halloween 2018 spoiler that perhaps also merits (tagged) discussion:

So, how about das Rheingold?