Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

My entire bench was on a bye, so I had to pick up *shiver* Ty Montgomery and Alfred Blue. This is no one's fault but my own, but I still feel like bitching about it.

Welp, guess my Alfred Blue waiver claim didn't go through :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Welp, guess my Alfred Blue waiver claim didn't go through :/

Look man, if anything, I'm doing you a favor

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Can't believe no one ahead of me on the waiver wire picked up Fitzmagic.

:getin:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

Can't believe no one ahead of me on the waiver wire picked up Fitzmagic.

:getin:

I'm saving that #1 for when I need it.

But I still got who I wanted in FA, so :shrug:.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I added Cole Beasley. Get on my level, cunts.

Also someone actually drafted Courtland Sutton. I don't know if that was an auto-pick or what but brah-vo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Also someone actually drafted Courtland Sutton. I don't know if that was an auto-pick or what but brah-vo

Congrats on my scraps that I dropped for Sutton, I guess. :shrug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

For some reason I thought he was still on Doyle's team haha, woops.

Still, gently caress you Beasley gonna outperform Sutton the rest of the year.

Or something...

Ok probably not but still gently caress you!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

For some reason I thought he was still on Doyle's team haha, woops.

Still, gently caress you Beasley gonna outperform Sutton the rest of the year.

Or something...

Ok probably not but still gently caress you!

HEY EVERYONE GUESS WHO I GOT

THE DENVER DEFENSE

I AM PROUD OF MYSELF!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

HEY EVERYONE GUESS WHO I GOT

THE DENVER DEFENSE

I AM PROUD OF MYSELF!

Bold move, Cotton. Cobb too eh?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bold move, Cotton. Cobb too eh?

YOU WILL ALL RUE THE DAY YOU ALLOWED RANDALL COBB TO FALL TO ME UNIMPEDED.

YOU FOOLS, YOU drat STUPID FOOLS.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I look forward to seeing both of them on the waiver wire next Monday!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I just want to point out that all the Packers rookie/undrafted WRs all sound like players I would draft in madden.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: Michael Thomas is questionable now. I think I may just throw in the towel on this week and accept a loss before any games are played.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
This past week I was scheduled to lost by like thirty points or something . . . started Brock Osweiler and still it came down to the wire. But then I saw that the last player for my opponent was the Patriots defense against the Bills and I knew I was doomed. Even so if they had actually scored that touchdown instead of thrown that interception at the end I could've had it.

Thank god my normal starting QB is back but now I've lost four in a row I think. Every week I basically turn my bench inside out and try to find some under-the-radar players who I can pick up on waivers.. it's pretty fun honestly

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm saving that #1 for when I need it.

But I still got who I wanted in FA, so :shrug:.

I don't even understand how all that works, I just put in a shitload of waiver claims using a guy I don't want anymore and I know that I'll get one of them. Paying attention to the order and how best to use the claims is too much for my dumb brain

I actually tried to pick up Beasley, just as a lark, but I guess you got him first and I ended up with Josh Adams.

Someone may have drafted Sutton but they dropped him because I had him on my bench for a couple weeks before dropping him for Keke Coutee a FEW DAYS before he was traded. *suicide smiley*

Silly Burrito posted:

and then this rear end in a top hat scooped him up. the cycle is complete

Play fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 1, 2018

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

I don't even understand how all that works, I just put in a shitload of waiver claims using a guy I don't want anymore and I know that I'll get one of them. Paying attention to the order and how best to use the claims is too much for my dumb brain

I actually tried to pick up Beasley, just as a lark, but I guess you got him first and I ended up with Josh Adams.

Honestly, #1 is almost more trouble than it's worth. You don't want to "waste" it on a plain pick, so you wait for the mega pickup (like whoever the backup is to Todd Gurley when he gets hurt and out for the year), and you let other people grab the other people and hope there's some decent free agents. When you have the 6-14 waiver, it's just easier to throw a crapload of waiver pickups. At least, that's how I see it. I haven't made a waiver claim at all yet, but I've still got decent free agents.

And I don't get the hard-on for Beasley. Yeah, he might get some short PPR passes, but Cooper is going to get more passes too.

Play posted:

Someone may have drafted Sutton but they dropped him because I had him on my bench for a couple weeks before dropping him for Keke Coutee a FEW DAYS before he was traded. *suicide smiley*

and then this rear end in a top hat scooped him up. the cycle is complete

:smug:

You're welcome.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

And I don't get the hard-on for Beasley. Yeah, he might get some short PPR passes, but Cooper is going to get more passes too.

ftr my post was tongue and cheek and I expect to drop Cole after this week. I had to take a flier on the great white wr, there ain't poo poo out there worth a drat.

I'm in too many leagues and was way late to the Sutton party in my yahoo leagues.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol I'm starting the Oakland D tonight. Desperate times.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ftr my post was tongue and cheek and I expect to drop Cole after this week. I had to take a flier on the great white wr, there ain't poo poo out there worth a drat.

I'm in too many leagues and was way late to the Sutton party in my yahoo leagues.

Gotcha, but I have seen him talked up in some articles, and I just don't get it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

May you Perish in Flames as Matt Brieda puts up a tenner, please got gimme 10, you broken gently caress.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

wandler20 posted:

You Immediately regret your decision

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welp

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Turns out starting the Oakland D didn't matter in the end. Team is going off this week.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

and it looks like I'm gonna lose to a team starting a RB on bye.

man it has been a garbage season for me

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nice win for me this week and I think 2 guys ahead of me are gonna lose. Getting down to crunch time folks!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe I'm gonna win. I have literally no other options, my whole bench is on a bye or inactive. I had to play Alfred Blue and Legarrette Blount for god's sake.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Squeaked out a win because Crosby didn't do much tonight. Thanks Green Bay!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Kirk Cousins turned into a pumpkin and I needed green bay to land 1 more field goal for the W and I'm pretty sure they were scoreless in the 2nd half.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Reminder...

The trade deadline for all Public and Pro Leagues is 11:59pm PT on November 10th. In order to be processed, all trades need to be proposed and accepted by this date and time. In Private Leagues, the trade deadline can vary so be sure to check out your league settings and contact your commissioner if you have any questions.

Who wants to get some poo poo done?

I'm targeting RB as a position of need. Everyone on my roster is up for grabs except Saquon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, it's lonely at the top, but as the owner of the 10th highest scoring team in the league, I always knew my team's excellence might eventually isolate me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Well, it's lonely at the top, but as the owner of the 10th highest scoring team in the league, I always knew my team's excellence might eventually isolate me.

You and me next week! Big game!

e:

And in looking at the schedule, some very interesting games here down the stretch. This week we have:

#1 vs #3
#2 vs #4

#5, #6 and #7 all play #10, #13 and #14 which is big for their playoff chances.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 6, 2018

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You and me next week! Big game!

Prepare to randomly have your worst offensive outing of the year, because apparently, my team plays very good defense somehow.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
6th place and hanging on to the playoffs by a thread.

But drat Yahoo gets snippy.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME YAHOO

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Prepare to randomly have your worst offensive outing of the year, because apparently, my team plays very good defense somehow.

I don't like the sound of that :ohdear:

Silly Burrito posted:

6th place and hanging on to the playoffs by a thread.

But drat Yahoo gets snippy.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME YAHOO

lmao! "Offensively challenged" :v:

rekt

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

lmao! "Offensively challenged" :v:

rekt

I know, I know, but all I need is to get to the playoffs. Who the hell knows what happens then. This week sucks for byes though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:yeshaha:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Get rekt :smug:

Also a special thank you to Cammy Cam Juice for bringing Tom Benson's Ghost back down a peg. I should end the night in #2 spot!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Get rekt :smug:

Also a special thank you to Cammy Cam Juice for bringing Tom Benson's Ghost back down a peg. I should end the night in #2 spot!

I'm failing right into first place once again!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I'm failing right into first place once again!

I laid the blue print. Enjoy your stay in first, it will be your last week there!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I laid the blue print. Enjoy your stay in first, it will be your last week there!

Haha, yeah I'm pretty hosed now that everyone knows how to beat my team, which is like #12 in scoring in our 14-team league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, yeah I'm pretty hosed now that everyone knows how to beat my team, which is like #12 in scoring in our 14-team league.

:thejoke: