Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm gonna try and get some games on this soon, I miss it so much. It's just such an utter joy to play, the movement system is perfect and the aiming is smooooooooth unlike certain other AAA games that have been released in the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

holopilot is fun it’s lame it took so long for it to get where it’s at

Yeah, they literally had to buff it like 6+ times

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Speaking of under used loadouts - is there ever a use for Assault Chip? Even in co op it seems less useful than almost anything else.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It used to be fairly ridiculous in pvp from my memory just because you could call the Titan in and just let it do it's thing. Using an auto Titan as a stalking horse and killing people mounting it was always fun

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah assault chip was really good at launch, there was a pretty good amount of time I would just let my titan roam around while I shot stuff.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Fingers crossed this hints at Titanfall 3, and without too much EA meddling:
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1057400650173018112

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Respawn is actually owned by EA now so the meddling is going to happen regardless.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Sad to say but I bet there will be DLC you’ll have to pay for and for some stupid reason: vehicles.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Multiple games so none of them get finished?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ringo Star Get posted:

Sad to say but I bet there will be DLC you’ll have to pay for and for some stupid reason: vehicles.

Vehicles aren't necessarily a bad thing. There's a lot of situations where things get very one-sided if one team can get their Titans up together before the other does. Having just a Tank that spawns regularly and does so-so damage would offset that a bit.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 31, 2018

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
This is the Gurren Lagan universe where wheels don’t exist and all propulsion is done with mechanical legs. It will be a spider tank.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Vehicles aren't necessarily a bad thing. There's a lot of situations where things get very one-sided if one team can get their Titans up together before the other does. Having just a Tank that spawns regularly and does so-so damage would offset that a bit.

Do it like Battletech - a tank is a threat if you ignore it, can take decent punishment but is no great shakes in the offense department. So while the Titans are shooting at the tank the Pilots are plinking away and building their own meter.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
A tank or spider tank or would a cool variant to the reaper

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
A jeep with a gauss rifle or machine gun mounted on it like halo could be cool. Or some fast one seater like the ghost.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just make something like a Logicoma in Ghost in the Shell. A mobile armory that provides cover, backup weapons and uses wheels on its legs.

Edit: In action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE9657GIRkk

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Does anyone else remember how many tachikomas got used in Halo Custom Edition?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Sounds like TF3 next Fall/Winter :sweatdrop:

quote:

The use of plural was picked up during the investor Q&A by Ryan Gee of Barclays Capital Inc. "It's been a couple years since Respawn has done anything with its flagship Titanfall franchise, but I'm not sure if I heard that correctly. It sounded like we should expect games, plural, from Respawn I suppose next year. Did I hear that correctly?"

"Just consider that a little Easter egg left in the earnings call for you," said [EA COO/CFO] Jorgensen. "We'll announce more when we get there. But clearly we've got a lot of things working with all of our studios, and you should assume that there will be some things that we haven't announced that come out later in the year when we go to give guidance for next year."

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
They said for sure it was two games, one of which was confirmed as Jedi Fallen Order, the other one could very well be Titanfall 3 or it could also be the VR game they announced a while back.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I wouldn't worry too much about an EA owned Respawn made Titanfall 3, think they'll probably get at least one good entry. It's only when the games don't fulfil the insanely overambitious sales predictions that some wankstain has thought up that they start interfering and the hooks start coming out, then the sequels get turbofucked. Who knows they might even feel blasted enough by the Battlefront 2 blowback to stay the gently caress away from Titanfall in general.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Respawn loves Titanfall, they will make it good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm sure they do but they're not in charge anymore. I'm hoping for the best personally but who knows at this point.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Mid-year I was convinced IO Interactive was done and we would never see Hitman 2. It all worked out.

Maybe it will with EA? I dunno. Not hopeful but cautiously guarded. Office politics are almost totally opaque to outsiders.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm sure they do but they're not in charge anymore. I'm hoping for the best personally but who knows at this point.

They were never in charge, and that never stopped them before. They've always teamed up with adversarial publishers. Medal of Honor --> Call of Duty --> Titanfall

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Respawn did medal of honor? I did not know that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

No, the primary dudes worked on the most prominent MoH title, left EA for Activision to create CoD, were fired and sued by Activision, went back to EA and started Titanfall.

As bad as EA is, Titanfall probably wouldn't exist without them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Field Mousepad posted:

More specifically, Jason West and Vince Zampanella developed MoH: Allied Assault before they and the rest of their team started up Infinity Ward.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Xarbala posted:

More specifically, Jason West and Vince Zampanella developed MoH: Allied Assault before they and the rest of their team started up Infinity Ward.

Yeah, and they've gone on the record saying they made Call of Duty as sort of a 'gently caress you' to EA, so they have quite the history of airing dirty laundry with publishers.

edit; basiocally, Zampella and West are two of the most influential people in the last 2 decades of videogaming and certainly some of the most key individuals the FPS genre has ever seen.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 1, 2018

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They were never in charge, and that never stopped them before.

You don't think the situation has gotten worse now that they're right under EA?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lets fear monger after we at least know anything about the game.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Marvin wants y’all to stay positive

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm holding out some hope that TF3 will still have some of that spirit that made 2 so much fun despite EA sinking their fangs into it. I downloaded BLOPS 3 when it was ps-free since it was still a gun game with wall running and loadouts but it just isn't the same.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Optimism in me says TF3 will be good, but have a lot of DLC-esque poo poo

Flip side says those dudes cashed out and are laughing all the way to the bank, and none of the original team will be working on this one. That’s even if we’re going to get a TF3. Also, as all know it’ll probably be delayed. If it’s out by next Xmas it’ll not be ready and thus full of bugs etc

Ultimately I don’t think we’ll get that same fluid movement regardless

I mean we got nothing else to bicker about or go off of so :shrug:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Titanfall 3 will own

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Even the Nexon game that never came out seemed like it was just going to be 1 with hero classes? Can't be hard to clear that bar.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
EA okayed free DLC for TF2. Hopefully the cosmetics market did well enough that Respawn can point at it for TF3.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TF2 was cannon fodder to fight COD sales along with Battlefield

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That was such a hosed release.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think at some point a respawn dev or some such came out or posted about why they chose that date, trying to rationalize it etc. I just cannot see it as anything else

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think at some point a respawn dev or some such came out or posted about why they chose that date, trying to rationalize it etc. I just cannot see it as anything else

Yeah pretty sure Vince came out and said it wasn't EA throwing them under the bus. They genuinely believed they could compete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah pretty sure Vince came out and said it wasn't EA throwing them under the bus. They genuinely believed they could compete.

You never ever try to throw down against the Big Boys with a new IP on/near the same date. It's just not going to go your way.