Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
trick or treating had an expiration date the moment gps maps of registered sex offenders became available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bottle caps are good, necco wafers are good, I am 20000 years old

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

happy halloween

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

The Snoo posted:

happy halloween

hell yeah

we go all nite

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

twoday posted:

so the thing is that most of the satellites orbiting earth right now are orbiting at around the same distance from earth, and as soon as the space war starts and a single satellite is blown apart, the debris is going to fly around in that same orbital field, and soon enough hit all the other nearby satellites and deactivate them. But of course, there won't be just a single satellite hit with the missile in the coming space war, there will be many, and the entire orbital field will be rendered useless and unusable. The whole internet will go down overnight, along with a society that is not prepared for that, and we will be instantly plunged into a new dark age. So to quote myself from the last thread,

the internet is mostly undersea cables

satellites have garbage latency

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

president is your brain composed of 49percent fermented rat turds

Trump: some say yes. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Woah woah woah where will I put my 2500 square foot single family home in this neighborhood on an acre lot!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DryGoods posted:

inappropriate

Don't look at me like that.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I think Dale understands the futility of the post Trump world better than anyone, he is just committed to this bit for some reason

It's called bearing witness and it's a good thing.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RocktheCaulk posted:

Woah woah woah where will I put my 2500 square foot single family home in this neighborhood on an acre lot!

'we're building, up up up!'

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Plinkey posted:

'we're building, up up up!'

But then someone will park in front of my house!!!! NIMBY!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:

i grew up in a big residential neighborhood with tons of duplexes (kinda narrow, 4 apartments), you could hit 4 people and only have to walk around 35 feet to the next set of porches to hit the next 4, repeat 8-10 times to clear the whole side of the block. it was candy madness. i'd often fill 2 pillow cases :3

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

here's my recap of the trump rally

trump: Everything I say is lies and you're all going to vote for this poo poo anyway.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

ymgve posted:

the internet is mostly undersea cables

satellites have garbage latency

i think you'll find if you look at the late 90's X-Files episode "Kill Switch", that a satellite can upload an entire human mind in ~10 secs. beat that undersea cables

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

DryGoods posted:

what would you do if dale tweeted out a pic of himself in a maga hat and #MAGA #Trump??

I'd figure he was angling for a job with Doug Ford

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

twoday posted:

This is not a place of honor

Well you won't have to go far.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The Snoo posted:

happy halloween

holy poo poo nice fkn graveyard...is that a fog machine too??!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I think Dale understands the futility of the post Trump world better than anyone, he is just committed to this bit for some reason

Yeah, I know. I feel sorry for that guy. I don't know how he does it and manages to remain sane or at least not suicidal.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

DryGoods posted:

i tried to power through it, since it is spielberg after all. got to an early scene where he's trying to one up a girl on how much trivia he knows and i hit the ejector seat

get this: i read the book because a girl told me to

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1057804897280843776?s=19

lmao

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

petit choux posted:

bearing jeb mess

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Smythe posted:

:sever:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

petit choux posted:

Yeah I think what he is doing is important I just can't imagine deciding you are the person that is going to do it. It seems like a punishment worse than death.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Wynona Dryder posted:

holy poo poo nice fkn graveyard...is that a fog machine too??!

we do halloween at my parents' house and my dad got dry ice :hai:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i live in a walkable neighborhood with lots of kids but its also really dangerous so no trick-or-treaters

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

who among us

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The Snoo posted:

we do halloween at my parents' house and my dad got dry ice :hai:

:snoo:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Smythe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/yu5cNPr.gifv

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Oh come on

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

skaboomizzy posted:

where the hell are you living that you get over a hundred kids for trick or treat

the last year I bought candy and turned on the porch light I had like six total kids stop by so now I just don't bother at all

We usually get around 400 (suburb in a small city) but this year it was 150ish due to the weather. 40's and rainy all evening.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
trump loving rules

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
We got probably 70 kids which was pretty good imo. Had 50 last year ( I counted ) but better weather this time. I like that other people drive in to this hood - due to a fluke in building, it's one of the few non grid areas and it's 100 houses in a loop so there's very little traffic and safe for kids to run back and forth across the street or just do inside loop/outside loop

Then about 20 kids piled into one house to burn their energy out until they crashed. Now I'm eating my kids candy

Oh and I saw the spookiest thing ever - an off leash pitbull at on house. I don't care if it's on electric collar/fence I really don't trust that especially on a night with lots of kids running in weird outfits

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is there a term for this late 90s grungey future aesthetic because I love it
grunge?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think a lot of people drive to my neighborhood to trick or treat bc it was middle class pre gentrification here so it's kind of more established

Had about 140 but I shut off the main door decorations due to being low on candy, probably would've gotten two hundred

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

William Bear posted:

Really?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1057798231822819328

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1057803455824363520

If you ask the President, unprompted, "Hey, is there a worldwide Jewish conspiracy to destabilize national governments?", and the President says "Yes", THAT'S A BIG DEAL.

If you ask the President, unprompted, "Do black people have fewer toes than normal people?", and he says "Yes", THAT'S A BIG DEAL.

Yeah, given that this happened a few days after a massacre of Jewish people because some racist rear end in a top hat believed this EXACT SAME THEORY, he's basically saying "Kill thew Jews."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

felt m8

• Locked thread