Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wild dad appeared!

This took a surprisingly serious turn. Time to convince with convictions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Math dad is a scumbag.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Math dad is a scumbag.

Fumino deserves better. :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
loving hell I want to punch that guy :mad:

Listen dude, you're her father. It's a parent's duty to support their children, no matter what. Get a goddam grip.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

This is the first We Can't Study chapter I've ever read. That dad is an rear end in a top hat and the situation was intriguing enough to make me wonder what all this comic is about. So I went back to the first chapter.

These girls are dumbasses and I'm shocked the main boy isn't more irritated with their insistence on squandering their abilies. He's trying to escape a life of abject poverty and here's these two world class (I guess?) geniuses who would be very successful if they just stuck to their talents. And they just dismiss that completely to pursue goals they're completely unsuited for. Meanwhile he's eating weeds for diner.

Does this series go into that at all, or do they just push through with shonen guts and hard work?

The literature girl is the best and I hope she ends up with the guy.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kirisu parachute account spotted

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SgtSteel91 posted:

Kirisu parachute account spotted

Kirisu parachute account would hope that he grows up properly & virtuously, and finds someone who deeply appreciates his ability to clean house.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The actual best girl is Sekijou, whose tragic flaw is her inability to recognize that she is very gay.

Also drat, what a poo poo dad.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 28, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Sekijou reminds me of Natsume, from Hidamari Sketch.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Are poo poo dads just a running theme for tutoring shonens or something.

Also boo you dad, astronomy is cool.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
That's a pretty common attitude for Asian parents to have, though. Confucianism!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Don't need to tell me, I've got Asian parents :v: Luckily they're a bit more liberal than most.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Galvanik posted:

This is the first We Can't Study chapter I've ever read. That dad is an rear end in a top hat and the situation was intriguing enough to make me wonder what all this comic is about. So I went back to the first chapter.

These girls are dumbasses and I'm shocked the main boy isn't more irritated with their insistence on squandering their abilies. He's trying to escape a life of abject poverty and here's these two world class (I guess?) geniuses who would be very successful if they just stuck to their talents. And they just dismiss that completely to pursue goals they're completely unsuited for. Meanwhile he's eating weeds for diner.

Does this series go into that at all, or do they just push through with shonen guts and hard work?

The literature girl is the best and I hope she ends up with the guy.

Asumi >> Uruka >> Fumino >> Rizu

Asumi is the best girl, Uruka is probably who he should end up with.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexo posted:

Asumi >> Uruka >> Fumino >> Rizu

Asumi is the best girl, Uruka is probably who he should end up with.

Where does Sensei rank in your list? Although I do agree that Asumi is the best.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rizu > Fumino > Uruka > Sensei > other girl

Fight me, binches.

I like gingers ok

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sensei is in the same tier as the other funny situations but no actual chance at a relationship tier.

Miharu is also a fun character in that tier.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Rizu > Fumino > Uruka > Sensei > other girl

Fight me, binches.

I like gingers ok

Scrub Sensei of that list and I'll back you up. :colbert:

But he should end up with Uruka. Gekisou needs to end up with Rizu.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Scrub Sensei of that list and I'll back you up. :colbert:

But he should end up with Uruka. Gekisou needs to end up with Rizu.

I only put Sensei there to show that I'm slightly more ok with the dude dating his teacher than him dating the quasi-loli (but not particularly ok with either).

I also agree with the rest of your post except that he should date Fumino

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

Wild dad appeared!

This took a surprisingly serious turn. Time to convince with convictions!

Hot drat, I was not expecting Math Professor to end up being Fumino's dad. What a twist!

Also wow he is mean to Fumino, I can't believe Shonen Jump is ruining literature as a whole for the foreseeable future by introducing Literally The Most Awful, Irredeemable Villain Ever so early on. Impressive! Seriously, gently caress that guy, I saw it coming as soon as he was there to stalk Ogata but him completely ignoring her meeting and not even paying attention to being at her school is deeply awful poo poo. Leave Ogata and Uruka and Sensei in the dust and go get your man, Fumino. :colbert:

In non-Fuminews, Mommyuki and Sekijo were both fantastic this chapter. What a cast I tells ya, what a cast.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nino from Gotoubun just dropping two "I love you" nukes two issues in a row, goddamn.

Still camp Miku though.

Edit: Link to said chapter.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 1, 2018

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Nino is trash tier.

He’s probably like one event from getting the entire set of Quints. He’s already at 3 of 5. And one of them is dumb.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just read the We never learn chapter.

I have to be honest, it feels like Math Dad has checked out of the argument (maybe has for some time) and is just waiting for feels like the inevitable moment where it all goes to pot.

In an anthology with comic ruining food hitlers and Human Marmite like Endeavour he just comes off as tame.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

In an anthology with comic ruining food hitlers and Human Marmite like Endeavour he just comes off as tame.
This would be true except the abuse is happening to Fumino instead of Erina or The Todoroki Family so it is actually infinitely worse, even the rats in the toilet will puke because of its sickness nature.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

For me, the idea of a poo poo parent who doesn't support their kid and obviously has a difficult relationship with her after the mother died.
Is a much more realistic thing than abusive genetics flame dad or food Hitler.

Like goddamnit man! You already lost 1 person, how about trying to keep the other one involved in your life!

Absum
May 28, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Nino from Gotoubun just dropping two "I love you" nukes two issues in a row, goddamn.

Still camp Miku though.

whew lads I had been waiting so I could read all the "The Last Exam" chapters in one go and this was some real good pay-off

Nino was already up there and now she easily no1

I've been following this one since it started and it's been way better than I would have ever expected of something with this premise

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
the official quintuplets tier list is

1. Yotsuba
2. Miku
3. Ichika
4. Nino
5. The one that I literally don't remember anything about

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Itsuki gets the distinction of being first girl which means she will never get MC. Yotsuba is cool but Miku is always #1.

Absum posted:

whew lads I had been waiting so I could read all the "The Last Exam" chapters in one go and this was some real good pay-off

Nino was already up there and now she easily no1

I've been following this one since it started and it's been way better than I would have ever expected of something with this premise

I started reading Gotoubun for the cute redheads, stayed for the family drama.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Ibblebibble posted:

Still camp Miku though.

Started reading Gotoubun cause of this. Started Camp Miku. Aside from Ichika, the rest can go hang out with Maeda for all I care.

They really do pile on the Nino is the mystery past girl evidence, don't they?

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 1, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Someone on Reddit (don't sue me) posted a pretty convincing theory of past girl being Yotsuba, mostly by process of elimination. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 1, 2018

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Now I'm caught up and :negative:

Trash tier Nino is trying to steal the spotlight :sigh:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Tier list, corrected:

1. Miku
2-5: Trash-tier quints

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ibblebibble posted:

Itsuki gets the distinction of being first girl which means she will never get MC.

I don't think you understand how first girl status works. First non-pre-established girl ALWAYS gets the MC, outside of a handful of notable exceptions like Shuffle!'s anime adaptation.

Also,

Angry Grimace posted:

Tier list, corrected:

1. Miku

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol i forgot just how ridiculous world trigger could be. it went on hiatus while leading up to a 4 team free for all, and i have absolutely no idea who any of these people on the other teams are now. that's 12 characters, all of whom had names and lines, that i have absolutely no recollection of. i'm pretty sure they aren't important, either! there are probably no deep connections between any of these people and the main group, so here are two chapters that mostly consist of these minor characters talking.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Tier list, corrected:

1. Miku

Is Miku the one with headphones?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

Is Miku the one with headphones?

Yes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol i forgot just how ridiculous world trigger could be. it went on hiatus while leading up to a 4 team free for all, and i have absolutely no idea who any of these people on the other teams are now. that's 12 characters, all of whom had names and lines, that i have absolutely no recollection of. i'm pretty sure they aren't important, either! there are probably no deep connections between any of these people and the main group, so here are two chapters that mostly consist of these minor characters talking.

Ok so there's basically only 1 important character in each of the other teams.

Kageura Unit(Rank 2) has Kageura, who's a top tier attacker and can feel emotions directed at him(basically he can't be sneak attacked). He has a rivalry going with the main characters.
Azuma unit(Rank 6) has Azuma, who is a ridiculous sniper who can shoot people through walls. He's a former A rank and is mostly using the team to mentor the other members.
Suzunari First(Rank 7) has Murakami, another top tier attacker who can retain 100% of his experiences after sleeping so anyone he fights he can memorize their strategies and moves. Tamakoma's new teammate is really important for dealing with him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

world trigger is hillarious.

The author(or his editor) realized quickly that the author was best suited at scripting and designing extremely tactical fights on battlefields, and that it was clearly the author's strength.

But it was after they had set up the goal of the series being an exploration of this parallel world and poo poo. So they just kinda pushed that to the side and keep having training fights.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Thankfully it seems there'll probably only be one more rank battle after this one, then they'll be off to the other world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is there a decent guide anywhere of who anyone important in world trigger is so i don't need to read it all again. i mean i'd just forget them anyway