Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
The Realm Banner Renewal is actually comforting knowledge

The loss of DU Luckies for this one-off thing was kinda disappointing, but even at 6mo a refresh of those banners makes it about even; youre technically pumping out a LOT more mythril if you pull on them all (DeNA wins) but also its much easier to not get screwed by RNG if you only want to pick through a few select realms.

TGCids AASB makes me wish I had his LMR. I have his USB alone and it does very well for me in Holy and Earth (technically Dark too, but he's about to get cycled out for stronger dorks)

Edit: New Page, have some music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8x8V3pneCI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Has there been an announcement about Android 9 yet? Did I miss something? I've been holding off upgrading for a long rear end time.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Has there been an announcement about Android 9 yet? Did I miss something? I've been holding off upgrading for a long rear end time.

Ditto, actually, and I don't recall seeing one.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
There's still a small graphic bug at the end of battles but otherwise it's ok

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alright, blew my load on the Realm Pulls.

16 6* Relics
26 5* Relics
2x Dupes: Feathered Cap FF12 and Zeus Mace FFT

Here's an album of everything I got, excepting all the FF5 & FF7 Garbo because I forgot to screenshot those results.

Is there a good dungeon for leveling up Soul Breaks? Or is the best option to just run the highest level Dungeon I can manage that matches the Realm of the gear?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Just run whatever XP dungeon you can. The numbers are good enough for the ++ version that you can clear three characters worth of relics at a time for 80 stamina.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Alright, blew my load on the Realm Pulls.

16 6* Relics
26 5* Relics
2x Dupes: Feathered Cap FF12 and Zeus Mace FFT

Here's an album of everything I got, excepting all the FF5 & FF7 Garbo because I forgot to screenshot those results.

Is there a good dungeon for leveling up Soul Breaks? Or is the best option to just run the highest level Dungeon I can manage that matches the Realm of the gear?

oof that's a lot of OSB's clogging up your 6* results, your FFT pull made up for it like crazy though, those are 3 very good USB's. And yea, the XP daily dungeon is the best way to go for learning relics, 3 people at a time can max whatever they have equipped so that combined with stuffing growth eggs into whoever got a USB will get them online in a hurry.

Also, it won't help for learning SB's, but getting Luneth + Elarra to level 99 will give you some record materia that can help level dudes a lot faster.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Running characters 3 at a time through the 80 stamina XP dungeon is enough to master soul breaks for all three (~96k XP total, divided by 3 is 32k each).

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I just got Matoya's USB. Are Witch abilities worth using at all or are they as useless as they look?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They are good if you can quick cast them - so on a team running allergo, or something like Shantotto/Ysayle dives.

Edit: Just checked and Matoya usb gives her witch quick cycle - so she’s already set.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 31, 2018

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Witch skills are competitive now but yea you really want fastcast, thankfully allegro exists. Matoya with USB is legit good for ice/lightning, not as good as shantotto for lightning obviously but less hone dependant at least. She's on my fire team with Palom since I have no actual good fire mages, and she can carry Hastega.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Matoya's USB also acts separately - Witch abilities trigger the quickcast, but hitting a weakness is what triggers the chase. So it's fine to stick with Black Magic for now if you don't have Witch stuff honed yet, and if you want her to do Fire damage your only option is Black anyways.

If you grab her LMR or want to dive her, you'll definitely want to focus on Witch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a site like https://ffbeequip.com/ for this game?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

Is there a site like https://ffbeequip.com/ for this game?

https://sbs.jaryth.net/ for SBs

If you're looking to keep track of other gear there are a whole bunch of spreadsheets people have done up if you google "ffrk character tracker".

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Not really, since 99% of gear in this game is from gacha pulls (unlike FFBE where only 90% of it is from gacha pulls but theres a bunch of bad stuff you can earn)

But really party/gear management is a lot simpler, you just strap on your highest atk/mag/mnd weapon, some armor that has good stats (they're all pretty same-y, minus special element boosts/resists), and an accessory with a resist appropriate to the fight (or raw +stats if resist is unnecessary), a couple useful abilities, whatever good lm/rms you got, and call it a day. There's not really any complicated gear interactions or odd special abilities to worry about keeping track of.

That said, I did find this if you want to get spreadsheety for a fight to try and figure out what you need to do to improve your damage but it's really not necessary.

EDIT: or yea if you mean to like, track what gear / soul breaks you have, you're kinda on your own, most common way is to make a spreadsheet on google docs and just update it every time you pull something. If you want the raw info on what the soulbreaks do, check HERE, the PDF known as almost loving everything you could possibly want to know about the game

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 31, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Indecisive posted:

Not really, since 99% of gear in this game is from gacha pulls (unlike FFBE where only 90% of it is from gacha pulls but theres a bunch of bad stuff you can earn)

But really party/gear management is a lot simpler, you just strap on your highest atk/mag/mnd weapon, some armor that has good stats (they're all pretty same-y, minus special element boosts/resists), and an accessory with a resist appropriate to the fight (or raw +stats if resist is unnecessary), a couple useful abilities, whatever good lm/rms you got, and call it a day. There's not really any complicated gear interactions or odd special abilities to worry about keeping track of.

That said, I did find this if you want to get spreadsheety for a fight to try and figure out what you need to do to improve your damage but it's really not necessary.

EDIT: or yea if you mean to like, track what gear / soul breaks you have, you're kinda on your own, most common way is to make a spreadsheet on google docs and just update it every time you pull something. If you want the raw info on what the soulbreaks do, check HERE, the PDF known as almost loving everything you could possibly want to know about the game

Yeah, I don't really care about the Build A Team part, just what Gear/SB/LMRs I have, what Element it is (if any), and if I have it Mastered or not. I've been using my own spreadsheet in Excel, but I was hoping there was already something out there where I can just tick off what I have. All of the existing spreadsheets I found are out of date.

I guess I'll just keep doing it like I have been. Thanks!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

FFRK has definitely motivated me to try to figure out how to do non-basic things with spreadsheets. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I can associate multiple elements with a single SB somehow

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I'm not sure when they added the feature for sorting equipment by "Not Max Level" to the game, but it really is the best thing.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Indecisive posted:

Witch skills are competitive now but yea you really want fastcast, thankfully allegro exists. Matoya with USB is legit good for ice/lightning, not as good as shantotto for lightning obviously but less hone dependant at least. She's on my fire team with Palom since I have no actual good fire mages, and she can carry Hastega.
Killer, I have Garnet's Chain and a bunch of Shantotto stuff already. Matoya/Garnet/Shantotto seems like a solid shell for a magic lightning team

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I now finally own all of the characters (except for Sora & Riku). I was 4 Hero Souls short of getting them all, so I bought 5 from Chubcobo (I miscounted how many more I neded to buy), and went to town getting the last 78 I didn't have. :toot:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
3/11 - Noctis USB2, Prompto Chain, BSB!

Pretty drat good draw :toot:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Whats the next Elemental Banner and what does it feature?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Pulled on the FFT relic banner even though I'm pretty stacked for that realm:

3/11 - 2 Montblanc BSB, one Ovelia USB.

I actually wish the game was giving me Alma stuff instead since she seems like she's better than Ovelia in nearly every every way, with USBs being the the only ambiguous point owing to them having very different applications.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Now that I'm reliably clearing 140s I though I'd diversify my team a bit. So far my "core" team, all around lvl 80-85 is:

Tidus: OSB, BSB, SSB, LM
Ramza: USB, SSB
Art: SSB, LM
Terra: USB, BSB
Cloud: USB, OSB

And Tyro is there to provide Wall occasionally.

With the Realm pull I got a bunch of poo poo, and was wondering who to focus in. Not considering Burst and Legend Materia stuff, which don't seem a compelling reason to focus on a character, I have Vaan's OSB and Ultras for Barbariccia, Noctis, Queen, Luneth, Josef, Shantotto, Hope and Ace.

I have available draws on Books IV and VI of the Acolyte Archives, so that's something else to consider. I was guessing either Shantotto for more black Magic+Faithga from the Archives, either of the Ranged characters to get Cloud out of Ranged only bosses or Josef for Haste+Last Stand, which is bound to be useful eventually.

EDIT: And just got Edward's USB from the daily.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 2, 2018

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

Now that I'm reliably clearing 140s I though I'd diversify my team a bit. So far my "core" team, all around lvl 80-85 is:

Tidus: OSB, BSB, SSB, LM
Ramza: USB, SSB
Art: SSB, LM
Terra: USB, BSB
Cloud: USB, OSB

And Tyro is there to provide Wall occasionally.

With the Realm pull I got a bunch of poo poo, and was wondering who to focus in. Not considering Burst and Legend Materia stuff, which don't seem a compelling reason to focus on a character, I have Vaan's OSB and Ultras for Barbariccia, Noctis, Queen, Luneth, Josef, Shantotto, Hope and Ace.

I have available draws on Books IV and VI of the Acolyte Archives, so that's something else to consider. I was guessing either Shantotto for more black Magic+Faithga from the Archives, either of the Ranged characters to get Cloud out of Ranged only bosses or Josef for Haste+Last Stand, which is bound to be useful eventually.

EDIT: And just got Edward's USB from the daily.

With Edward USB you got the makings of a good magic team with barb + ace + terra, though often want 2 faithgas since they're only 30% generally, tho ultras often give +mag buffs that can offset that. So taking shantotto's SSB there might not be a bad option, it's a pretty mediocre book overall, a lot of people take quina's hairpin just for the +water armor tho you're new enough that that isn't nearly as much of a concern. With book 6 available you could also pick Deuce BSB, which I'm a big fan of, gives you a nice party atk/mag buff that's useful for most teams and she's a very solid healer, this is probably a better option IMO (tho taking shantotto instead would let you choose another healer BSB if you wanted for some reason - Iris or Larsa for the status blink are something to consider, as it's a fairly rare buff).

Mage teams aren't great for the realm dungeons tho because they can't really autoattack thru the trash, but would be strong for getting you through some harder event dungeons for those extra rewards. For your current team I'd swap terra out for Queen for some spellblade action. Eventually when you have stuff for more characters you'll want to focus teams around a single element usually, but it'll take a while to get the relics + characters for that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Give Edward a copy of Mage's Hymn and hone it once. His other slot can be either Mana's Paean or Allegro Con Motto.

He can handle all the mag buffing by himself.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

drat, X realm draw pulled through for me: Rikku and Wakka USBs, Braska and Wakka LMRs. Wakka's USB is pretty whatever, and I pulled Basch's version of Rikku USB in the lead-up to the last fest, but the +water weapons are much appreciated, even if one of them is a blitzball.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rikku would prefer Wakka's ball to her own fist in most circumstances, and the best water dps in the game can also use a blitzball so its not too bad

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I got 2 new USBs (Curilla/Aphmau), a new AOSB (Toto), and an Ayame LMR (already having her BSB) on the XI draw

I dunno whether to be hyped at pulling that kind of haul on 15 mithril or disappointed that it wasn't any other realm, though I guess it goes a long way toward fixing my FFXI synergy shortage

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Aphmau USB alone is loving nuts. Most of my Torment 280 clears involve her, Relm, or Aerith spamming their speed USBs to get within that 30 second threshold.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Aphmau has never left any of my teams since getting her USB

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

Rikku would prefer Wakka's ball to her own fist in most circumstances, and the best water dps in the game can also use a blitzball so its not too bad

Yeah, I'm not upset, and my Tidus is pretty tricked out too, though I'm missing most of his truly ridiculous stuff. It's just silly that DeNa never looked at blitzballs and decided, "OK, in the future all new blitzballs will just be regular throwers instead." Especially when they literally did exactly that with gambling gear.

Heck, go nuts and make Lulu's dolls throwers too, it works for Iris and Lann/Reynn.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well I cleaned out my inventory. I vaulted over 100 things and the vast majority were armor. Had to spend 2 mythril to expand my vault but it will be worth it when we get to start converting all the old detritus into rainbow gems or whatever they're called.

I used the rules of "not +element" and "not native 6*", since I had tons of 6+* combined and reforged trash that had awful stats.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Day late on this, but the V banners in Japan have been out. New relics are Gilgamesh AOSB/USB3/Glint/LMR2 and Exdeath AOSB/USB3/Glint on banner 1, and Dorgann Glint, Galuf Glint, and Kelger LMR3 on banner 2.

Banner 1 posted:

Gilgamesh's Zanmato [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Fire physical attacks & single-target Fire Overflow physical attack
Exdeath's Deathbringer [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark/Holy Overflow magic attacks

Gilgamesh's Helm [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire physical attacks, 75% Fire Radiant Shield to party, High Quick Cast 2 & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Fire abilities
Level 0: Single-target Fire physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Fire Overflow physical attack

Exdeath's Root of Evil I [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, MAG/MND/RES +30%, Holy & Dark Damage +30% and Delta Magic to user
Delta Magic: After using Darkness or White magic abilities, chases with [4 single-target Dark/Holy/NE magic attacks] > [6 single-target Dark/Holy/NE magic attacks + HP Drain] > [Single-target Dark/Holy/NE Overflow magic attack + HP Drain]
Lenna's Holy Rod [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Regenga, minor Bar-Water & minor Bar-Ice to party, Instant Cast, Quick Cast to user
Krile's Gaia Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, En-Earth, Quick Cast 1 & Inherited Essence to user
Inherited Essence: After using Earth abilities, Quick Cast 1 & chases with 4 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, 5 hits if Galuf is in party

Faris's Windslash Bow [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Wind Limit Chain (150) & 50% Wind Field, ATK +50% to party

Exdeath's Doom Mace [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Dark, En-Dark Stack, Last Stand & Instant Magic 1 to user, Instant Cast
Gilgamesh's Interdimensional Masamune [Glint, +10 ATK] - 30% Stoneskin & RES +100% to party, Instant Cast
Faris's Rune Armlet [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Wind/Fire ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & MAG -40%

Gilgamesh's Assassin Dagger [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Exdeath's Visage [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Lenna's Laurel Crown [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party
Krile's Minerva Bustier [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Kelger's Organyx [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Earth physical attacks & single-target Earth Overflow physical attack

Bartz's Hammerhead [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind & EX "Essence of Wind" to user
EX "Essence of Wind": After using Wind abilities, grants High Quick Physical 1 to front-row members & chases with [1>5>15>1>5>15...] single-target Wind/NE physical attacks
Faris's Hunting Crossbow [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -40%, Thief Damage +30% & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Thief abilities
Level 0: Single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attack, Instant Cast
Level 1: 6 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, DEF -30%
Level 2: 6 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, DEF -40%
Level 3: 6 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, DEF/RES/MND -70%

Kelger's Blade [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Ninja Ability Boost, Physical Blink 1 & Lupine Chase to user
Lupine Chase: After using Earth abilities, chases with 4/6/8 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks if the user has 0/1/2 Physical Blinks
Dorgann's Falchion [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, En-Earth, DEF +100% & Sandwind Blade to user
Sandwind Blade: After using R1~5 Knight abilities, chases with 2~6 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks
Galuf's Godhand [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Imperil Earth, ATK & RES +30%, Quick Cast 1 & Heart and Soul to user
Heart and Soul: Quick Cast 1 after using Earth attacks

Galuf's Triton Hammer [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Earth Limit Chain (150) & 50% Earth Field, ATK +50% to party

Dorgann's Bracers [Glint, +10 ATK] - High Quick Knight & Knight Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast
Galuf's Yakei [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Earth & En-Earth Stack to user
Kelger's Hero's Shield [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Earth & En-Earth Stack to user

Kelger's Ashura [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Ninja abilities
Bartz's Golden Shield+ [LMR, +10 ATK] - Spellblade Damage +25% with Sword equipped
Dorgann's Bastard Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Galuf's Lambent Hat [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Wait, does Exdeath's chase trigger off White Magic but not do MND based damage? We've had a few ATK or MAG SBs that I was hoping it would be MAG or MND for Exdeath.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm getting worries about my free daily draw luck. I've gotten three 6 stars in the last 4 days so I'm pretty sure I'm using up all my real luck like that Star Trek episode, and am going to get hit by a bus.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I did it. Everyone is now level 99. Help.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got edward's usb out of a daily draw, that's pretty good right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I did it. Everyone is now level 99. Help.

I'm getting close to that. Exchange growth eggs=>arcana when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm getting close to that. Exchange growth eggs=>arcana when?

The day after you finish levelling your 5* magicite deck