Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Was the adult Kenny voice someone famous? I couldn't quite place it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Was the adult Kenny voice someone famous? I couldn't quite place it.

Probably supposed to be a parody of the Christmas Story where an adult Ralphie narrates the whole thing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Was definitely a Christmas Story parody with the voice over.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That was a good episode and those drat scooters really did appear literally overnight where I live :iiam:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is it anything like those 'bikeshare apps' where within a week everyone's forgotten about them and bikes are literally thrown everywhere and the city has to spend thousands cleaning them up, fishing them out of rivers, etc? (and in China you end up with literal giant piles of discarded bikes)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Grinch reference when Mackey throws the bikes off the mountain.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Total Doom House reference :smug:

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Cockmaster posted:

And how about the part where they cried at the Speedy Gonzales T-shirt? There you have a totally legitimate case of political correctness gone too far - SJW types were complained about him being offensive to Mexicans, and WB stopped airing his cartoons. Then someone got the bright idea to see what actual Mexicans thought, and it turned out they actually liked him.

if actual Mexicans like racist stereotypes of Mexicans in cartoons, they're victims of internalized racism

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Speedy Gonzales himself was a positive portrayal I thought, the issue was all the other mexican mice being shown as lazy do-nothings.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Don't you go thinking Slowpoke Rodriguez is a pushover.

Also, the villainous cats at least in one short were also Mexican, so I dunno.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
What is making people think "that discussion of SJWs from 2 weeks ago was so great, let's resurrect that instead of using this opportunity to talk about the new episode"

Anyway uh it was p. good

It felt a little "get off my lawn" but I don't think it was supposed to be some big serious critique of scooters. Although there's some point in there about poor people not having the same opportunities when everything is technology-driven.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 1, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This was a pretty fun episode. Horror tropes out of context are always great. Cartman telling Kenny that he knew being poor was going to catch up with him someday is hilarious. What's funny about it though is that even poor people I know still have iphone5s so I think the joke should have been that Kenny could afford a phone just not a monthly 4G plan.

I think I laughed the hardest at the $6000 worth of candy line, followed closely by Mackey's "oh poo poo" when he realized everyone was running off to buy candy.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is it anything like those 'bikeshare apps' where within a week everyone's forgotten about them and bikes are literally thrown everywhere and the city has to spend thousands cleaning them up, fishing them out of rivers, etc? (and in China you end up with literal giant piles of discarded bikes)

I live in Taipei and the bicycle program here has stands set up where you can rent them, all over the city. On weekends and holidays they're almost impossible to find, and to return them you have to check them back into a stand otherwise it keeps charging your card(which isn't a credit card but instead your bus/metro pass(which everyone here uses like a debit card)). It's a pretty great system and works well; I've never seen one just casually discarded.

However, back in the U.S., in my hometown we spent a bunch of money to put green bikes all around the city and they ended up in places nobody would want to use, attempted to be sold at pawn shops in neighboring towns, and in various states of destruction.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 1, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pretty good episode. Much better than last halloween episode.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Honestly the show hasn't gotten worse. The audience has.

Nah, the show's definitely gotten worse.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

precision posted:

That was a good episode and those drat scooters really did appear literally overnight where I live :iiam:

It was bikes where I live. I'm not even necessarily against the idea, but yeah they just literally appeared overnight. No one knew why they were there. No one was ever asked or consulted in the neighborhood if this was cool with us, it was pretty obnoxious. And SO many! I've always wanted to just take one and rip the QC code thing off and just keep it. I'm sure it's illegal, but if you leave a bunch of cheeseburgers littered all over the city and just slap a QR code on them I'm not sure what obligation I have to pay or play along with their business plan and not just eat it instead.

Then some assholes started to cut the brake lines on the bikes which made things much more exciting. I want to see the lawsuit when some poor bastard gets hit by a car when the brakes don't work on the mystery bike.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
good ep

even the metacommentary abt kenny worked

mackey being more randy than randy was funny as hell

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Does anyone know which episode was it where someone was watching Cartman play and it was really really sad?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Watching Cartman play what?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yo, that was a funny episode

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Waltzing Along posted:

Watching Cartman play what?

He was talking to his stuffed animals and I believe sad music was playing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Wasn't he having a tea party or something? Definitely rings a bell

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Might be 1%. The one where Cartmans stuffed animals all die.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There have been a few scenes over the years of Cartman's tea parties. A really early one had Clyde Frog insulting him, even though Cartman was doing all the voices.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I thought that episode was loving fantastic, one of the best they've ever done.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I thought that episode was loving fantastic, one of the best they've ever done.

:thunk:

Have you ever seen the S1 Halloween episode?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

:thunk:

Have you ever seen the S1 Halloween episode?

Why, yes! But maybe I'm just in a really good mood, but this was exactly the type of South Park episode I've been wanting. Kids being kids, no real commentary, like yeah there's 'kids and their drat technology" but it's not like scooters are a widespread thing. They just picked it as the basis to make something ridiculously silly and I thought it worked really well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Kenny episodes always seem to be strong, don't they?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

re: the Halloween ep. My favorite little joke was the cell tower guard dressed as Jason, and him cocking his head when Mackey said "Jason, listen, I'm a counselor."

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

re: the Halloween ep. My favorite little joke was the cell tower guard dressed as Jason, and him cocking his head when Mackey said "Jason, listen, I'm a counselor."

I totally missed that, good catch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kinda funny that Mr Mackey is probably the only character besides Cartman you can immediately identify from his silhouette.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Davros1 posted:

For some reason the thing that amused me the most was that little head shimmy Mackey did every time he said "scoot".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kinda funny that Mr Mackey is probably the only character besides Cartman you can immediately identify from his silhouette.

That scene with him sneaking and the town in the background with the sunset was really good and as close to pretty as I'd be comfortable calling south park

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Hey so there's a new episode this week too

It's about Al Gore, so get your hot takes ready

http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2018/11/05/episode-2206-time-to-get-cereal-press-release posted:

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES ON
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, November 5, 2018 – THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH PARK HAVE NO IDEA OF THE DANGER THEY’RE IN. AN ALL NEW EPISODE TITLED, “Time to Get Cereal”, AIRS on Wednesday, November 7 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

When dead citizens start popping up all over town, the boys realize they need Al Gore’s help. The boys are willing to do almost anything to save the town, and themselves, but it may be just too late.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Did anyone else think Cartman was gonna hit the weight limit on the scooter and then team up with Kenny? Anyway, great Episode

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Scooters aint got weight limits. You just don't have enough scooters.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Scooters aint got weight limits. You just don't have enough scooters.

The electric scooters here come with a disclaimer you can't ride safely if you're over 200 lbs, and the heavier you are the slower they go, maybe that's not a thing with all of them, dunno!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cartman's obese, but he's still a kid, it probably balances out.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cartman's obese, but he's still a kid, it probably balances out.

Beefcake! Beefcake!

Now that's what I call a sticky situation.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh no! Ned!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Comcast screwing with my stream is Froot Loops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

So this is Matt and Trey's "Whoops we were wrong and climate change is real" episode? Better late than never I suppose...