Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Rich politician marries 20 years younger hair dresser. I don't care about it, but is "whisper campaign" really the right term here lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Rich politician marries 20 years younger hair dresser. I don't care about it, but is "whisper campaign" really the right term here lol.

My whole issue with the dude is that he's a rich politician. I mean sure whatever I voted him twice for pres. I just don't think he can ever really encapsulate the green vote.

e: And yeah yeah he's done a lot of good poo poo. He's probably one of the least lovely people out there working in politics. He just seems like a bourgey gently caress anyway. I can't help it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I prefer the Oras Tynkkynen.

Nenonen piss tape is real. Wish 'twere not so.

germlin
May 31, 2011
Fun Shoe

Gortarius posted:

He is perpetually involved in the scandal of being gay, which is why I want him to ascend to the Green Throne and later on... the Iron Throne.

Maybe that will be enough of a shock to finally stroke out ol' Marco de Wit and his minions.

He is also perpetually involved in the privatizing of finnish electric grid which i´d consider a tad larger malus than occasional dickbutt. I know, it was cock policy but he gave go-ahead to austrlalian taikaseinä.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Sipilä is ready to tender his resignation

https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005887542.html?ref=rss

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
To no one's surprise, Pekka Haavisto won the vote for Green party chairman.

It was surprising there really wasn't competition for the seat, with possible candidates backing out one by one, so in the end Pekka had to pick up the responsibility. Well, there was that one candidate, but eh.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
melkoista suhmurointia, fiksu veto kyllä

miten se vihreiden oma sääntö useista puheenjohtajakausista toimi? oliko se niin kuin venäjällä, eli ne kaudet ei saa olla peräkkäisiä?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Hogge Wild posted:

melkoista suhmurointia, fiksu veto kyllä

miten se vihreiden oma sääntö useista puheenjohtajakausista toimi? oliko se niin kuin venäjällä, eli ne kaudet ei saa olla peräkkäisiä?

Something like that, yeah. Pekka is no stranger to the job of party chairman, since he held that position a decade ago I think.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Saattaa vituttaa sitä viikon ainoaa ehdokasta kun koko kansa etsii puolueen johtoon ihan ketä tahansa kunhan se ei ole hän

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I think it's kind of a dumb rule anyway.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Wheany posted:

- Putin

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Wheany posted:

\

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

\

:five:d for the pic choice

a man so desperate for power, he cosplays the stronk man president of his youth

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Something like that, yeah. Pekka is no stranger to the job of party chairman, since he held that position a decade ago I think.

2 decades ago even. Haavisto is old.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Could it be that Paavo's path to coronation is blocked by the weak blood of a frail woman?? There is no God.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

Could it be that Paavo's path to coronation is blocked by the weak blood of a frail woman?? There is no God.

Kuten Jari Sarasvuokn sanoi: ”Aure entuluva!” - Päivä nousee vielä! https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/d54b5bd2-1776-4f6b-9ecb-ae606e03859d_pi.shtml

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
hogge wilde: mein paavo, i can post!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Hogge Wild posted:

Kuten Jari Sarasvuokn sanoi: ”Aure entuluva!” - Päivä nousee vielä! https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/d54b5bd2-1776-4f6b-9ecb-ae606e03859d_pi.shtml

Can I just chime in here, even though this is about Paavo, that the Sarasvuo movie eating poo poo has made me very very happy

I saw a trailer for it and thought "who the gently caress is this for?" turns out the producers should've done the same

quote:

– Paperilla meillä on tavoitteena 70 000–150 000, joka osittain perustuu siihen, että Sarasvuolla on 170 000 Twitter-seuraajaa, laskee Temonen.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
I appreciate Temonen's efforts, and if he only fixed the problem of being a bad filmmaker who makes bad films, he might just achieve success.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Joakim Brecht posted:

I appreciate Temonen's efforts, and if he only fixed the problem of being a bad filmmaker who makes bad films, he might just achieve success.

Yeah, there is room only for so many Timo Koivusalos in Härmä.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Protege of Koivusalo posted:

Paperilla meillä on tavoitteena 70 000–150 000

70k won't even break even for an average Finnish film.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Sulphagnist posted:

Can I just chime in here, even though this is about Paavo, that the Sarasvuo movie eating poo poo has made me very very happy

I saw a trailer for it and thought "who the gently caress is this for?" turns out the producers should've done the same

Do the producers know that following people on twitter costs nothing? (let's just assume those are all real followers)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Lol, i'm gonna assume most people had the same reaction to the movie as I did, when I happened to see the trailer. "Why the gently caress are they making a movie about this dumb rear end annoying talk show host".

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
lol at thinking number of twitter followers = number of tickets sold.

"Hmm, kathotaas kuinka monta seuraajaa sillä on tvitterissä... joo o, hyvältä näyttää, rahan tuloa ei voi estää. Ja katotaas vielä tää traileri... joo, tosi hyvä. Nyt mikään ei voi mennä pieleen."

EDIT:

Lol. "Elokuva keräsi vain reilut 1800 katsojaa."

Kunnon pohjanoteeraus. Saavutus se on sekin kai.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 7, 2018

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
suomalaiset ei ole tehneet yhtään hyvää leffaa uuno epsanjassan jälkeen

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Miss Farkku-Suomi was an ok movie, but admittedly I didn't pay for seeing it.

About the recent proposal to give cops access to medical records: is there actually any state organisation that's as bad at it's job as the Finnish cops? Maybe we should just abolish them.

https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-20000...hhUFcDKODJYWzfE

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

suomalaiset ei ole tehneet yhtään hyvää leffaa Vääpeli Körmyjen jälkeen

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Kemper Boyd posted:

About the recent proposal to give cops access to medical records: is there actually any state organisation that's as bad at it's job as the Finnish cops? Maybe we should just abolish them.

I don't think it has even been proposed yet, but they're planning to draft one and fast forward it to the legislature. I can see a lot of reasons why this is just a bad idea, but apparently NC doesn't see a problem. It has puzzled me why NC have been so adamant in pushing these kinds of bills even if they are in direct violation of the constitution, but I suspect it's part of cynically playing to their base's wishes to tilt the scales of justice to their favor. Let's just say they don't seem to follow the doctrine of equal rights.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

suomalaiset ei ole tehneet yhtään hyvää leffaa uuno epsanjassan jälkeen

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1884364/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It has puzzled me why NC have been so adamant in pushing these kinds of bills

Kari Tolvanen (cock) is a cop and chairman of lakivaliokunta. Personally I believe in Montesquieu's separation of powers - police should be stripped of their voting rights to avoid corruption.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Zat posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10484452

I had to check if it's actually April 1 today

It's a gift that keeps on giving
https://suomenkuvalehti.fi/jutut/ko...42-92af4626-500

quote:

Huoli turvallisuudesta nousi esille, koska Amira on tehnyt lujuuslaskelmansa käyttäen venäläistä standardia. Suomessa lujuuslaskelmiin käytetään tiukempaa eurooppalaista eurokoodi-standardia.

Lujuudesta on aika erilaisia näkemyksiä, ja siihen eroavaisuudet kulminoituvat”, sanoo johtava rakennustarkastaja Ari Brusila.

oh you don't say

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Haha ei jessus mitä mussuttajia. Lisää kohokohtia:

quote:

Kalliin jättilipputangon turvallisuuden selvittäminen vasta pystyttämisen jälkeen tuntuu erikoiselta järjestykseltä. Haminan kaupunkikehitysjohtajan Matti Filpun mukaan asiassa ei ole mitään erikoista.

”Jälkeenpäin on aina helppo arvostella, mutta tässä on aika monta asiaa, mitä tähän liittyy.”

Aiheuttavatko monet roolit mitään ristiriitaa?

”Valtuuston päätökset ovat minua ohjanneet ja teen sen mukaan kuin valtuusto päättää”, sanoo Filppu.

quote:

Tukes puolestaan pyysi Haminan kaupungilta tietoja muun muassa lipputangon CE-merkinnöistä, mutta ei ole vielä saanut pyytämiään tietoja.

ADS Finlandin omistaja-johtaja Kari Hyrkäs on vakuuttanut, että CE-sertifikaatit ovat olemassa, mutta ei ole toimittanut niitä kaupungille tai Tukesille.

quote:

”Yksikään keppi ei ole kaatunut”, hän sanoo.

Näinhän se rakennushommat tehdään, että jos ei ole mitään ennenkään sattunu ni vitut turvastandardeista.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Looks like Finland might as well be part of Russia, since Trump remembers meeting Putin in Russia.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I don't think it has even been proposed yet, but they're planning to draft one and fast forward it to the legislature. I can see a lot of reasons why this is just a bad idea, but apparently NC doesn't see a problem. It has puzzled me why NC have been so adamant in pushing these kinds of bills even if they are in direct violation of the constitution, but I suspect it's part of cynically playing to their base's wishes to tilt the scales of justice to their favor. Let's just say they don't seem to follow the doctrine of equal rights.

The problem is that law and order politicians are never constitutionalists, they're actually just authoritarians.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Wtf LA

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Nurge posted:

Haha ei jessus mitä mussuttajia. Lisää kohokohtia:

Näinhän se rakennushommat tehdään, että jos ei ole mitään ennenkään sattunu ni vitut turvastandardeista.

quote:

Kesäkuussa Filppu sai valtuustolta valtuutuksen kilpailuttaa hanke, päättää tarjouksen hyväksymisestä sekä tehdä tankotilaus. Filppu tilasi tangon ainoalta tarjoajalta, ADS Finland -yhtiöltä. Suomen Kuvalehti kertoi syyskuussa, että ADS:n toimitusjohtajalla oli taustallaan talous- ja huumerikostuomiot. ADS oli myös kopioinut yhdysvaltalaisen rakennusyhtiön kotisivut jopa työntekijöiden kuvia ja nimiä myöten.

Toimittanevat CE-sertit kuhan saavat käsiinsä jotkin kopioitaviksi.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ornedan posted:

Toimittanevat CE-sertit kuhan saavat käsiinsä jotkin kopioitaviksi.

At least it wasn't China so there's actually a chance that it was built to proper standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005894833.html

suomeen tulee lisää ulkomaalaisia sijoituksia