Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

hey youtube stop recommending me this weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://puu.sh/BQuGv/b69cddf3bb.mp4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:same:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What latest gaming Youtuber magnet is this now?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Framboise posted:

hey youtube stop recommending me this weirdo

the power is yours

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Zetsubou-san posted:

the power is yours

I know; I had already clicked "not interested" on him before though because the dumb Apu one kept being recommended to me, and the second one there was from some re-upload channel or something, which I also clicked "not interested" on. It's just annoying because youtube is dumb. "We know you said you didn't want to see videos from this guy but, get this: how about a video from this guy from a different channel!"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
goddamn reups

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant get enough of brainpoop vids

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

The MSJ posted:

What latest gaming Youtuber magnet is this now?

Rust

the player characters are literal manbabies

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I watched like one GoT video on youtube so the algorithm assumed I only ever wanted to watch those forever, and this one showed up a lot:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had to rubberneck one of his videos (incognito so it wouldn't end up in my recs) and holy lol this guy is so proud that he was above a allegory for racism in a movie for children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii7q2IZXM2Q&t=46s

"be more subtle about it Disney!"-Adult man watching kids movies alone

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

But that's not even the worst of them.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Don't know if it was a problem for anyone else, but there was a video called Racist Mario and because every 13 year-old probably watched it on repeat, algorithms constantly put it in peoples' recommended. I remember it (and probably the shitloads of reaction videos) being one of the specifically-named catalysts for Youtube's "Not Interested" feature because it was always being recommended even if people for whatever godawful reason actually watched it (I remember it constantly being on the right side of my screen for months and I refused to watch it on principle):

The burka was added after the original got de-monitized for being :nws:. Original :nws: thumbnail that had Peach's semi-censored poorly-drawn boobs: https://i.imgur.com/UTbACne.jpg

I remember a bunch of alternative ones with Peach having a black eye, too.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Plan Z posted:

Don't know if it was a problem for anyone else, but there was a video called Racist Mario and because every 13 year-old probably watched it on repeat, algorithms constantly put it in peoples' recommended. I remember it (and probably the shitloads of reaction videos) being one of the specifically-named catalysts for Youtube's "Not Interested" feature because it was always being recommended even if people for whatever godawful reason actually watched it (I remember it constantly being on the right side of my screen for months and I refused to watch it on principle):

The burka was added after the original got de-monitized for being :nws:. Original :nws: thumbnail that had Peach's semi-censored poorly-drawn boobs: https://i.imgur.com/UTbACne.jpg

I remember a bunch of alternative ones with Peach having a black eye, too.

Oh jesus, this one showed up on my poo poo all the time and I just couldn't figure why the gently caress it was always there

Pachelbels Cannon
Oct 26, 2018

Plan Z posted:

Nintendo seemingly allright with this. But don't you dare upload a video showing one of their games after they've been modded.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QkRdfZP71g

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

EorayMel posted:

But that's not even the worst of them.

The reason all this poo poo exists made so much more sense after this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EKV2nSU8w

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

that blobby gently caress deserved it

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I feel the need to monetize this poo poo and make a channel full of:

Top 10 Youtube Sonic thumbnails
Top 10 Youtube Top 10 thumbnails
Top 10 Youtube Luigi fart thumbnails

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is probably cheating since it's a video about Wikihow.

I hope that woman is sponsored because I imagine a sideboob is automatic demonetization.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Reaction videos are retarded. I don't wanna see some dipshit on youtube do a hammed up performance about the new characters in smash bros, or see how grampa would react to This Is America.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The MSJ posted:

I hope that woman is sponsored because I imagine a sideboob is automatic demonetization.

She was at the top of my "Trending" feed, and I've never expressed a specific interest in cute Asian women, sideboob, or weird back suction cup things, so I guess she's doing OK.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Here's a bookmarklet

code:
javascript:function%20gqv(v){var%20q%20=%20window.location.search.substring(1);var%20vars%20=%20q.split("&");for%20(var%20i=0;i<vars.length;i++)%20{var%20pair%20=%20vars[i].split("=");if(pair[0]%20==%20v){return%20pair[1];}}return(false);}window.location='https://img.youtube.com/vi/'+gqv('v')+'/maxresdefault.jpg';
Add it as a bookmark in your toolbar or wherever, then click when you have a Youtube open to view the hi-res thumbnail for the current video.

Works in FF and Vivaldi, so probably Chrome too. YMMV

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 2, 2018

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I use https://boingboing.net/features/getthumbs to get thumbnails. Just copy/paste the URL in the bar and enjoy.

Like this one. Maybe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Joel makes some of the best thumbnails. :unsmith: