Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

I know that this show is a roiling chaotic mess by design but I could not give you a plot summary to save my life.

that puts you in the same boat as at least half the players (and me)

It is a shame to some extent because I feel like at least at this point, Dave is actually trying to tell some kind of story. I got the impression that the first two seasons were from the D&D books (strahd I recognize as a character anyway), and the third was...I guess a shadowrun adventure with D&D rules? Which takes some kind of extra effort. I don't recognize this season 4 world at all so I assume Dave's trying something original-ish, against what should be his better judgment, but if he's willing to keep banging his head against the wall, i'm willing to continue listening and laughing....uh, with, him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The current campaign takes place in the utterly bizarre campaign setting known as Spelljammer. If the setting of the current season seems extremely off-kilter, that's because the source material Dave is working with is extremely off-kilter.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

The current campaign takes place in the utterly bizarre campaign setting known as Spelljammer. If the setting of the current season seems extremely off-kilter, that's because the source material Dave is working with is extremely off-kilter.

Ah, ok then, I'm glad to know he didn't go to the effort of trying to come up with too much of his own original work then. Not that I wouldn't trust him to do it, but that his players do not deserve it

Also, from that article:

quote:

Finally, to that Spelljammer fan that sent me an extremely graphic and disgusting message where he threatened to rape and murder my wife – you really need to stop and think where you are headed in life. Threats of physical and/or sexual violence are never ok, but if something as trivial as this brings on such emotions, you’re in a bad place fella.

And I thought that video gamers were awful people :stare:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ainsley McTree posted:

you have no idea

e: also i desperately want season 5 to be dark sun

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 26, 2018

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

They’ve announced new dragon friends pins on sale at PAX this week. Immediately got my mate to buy them for me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ah, ok then, I'm glad to know he didn't go to the effort of trying to come up with too much of his own original work then. Not that I wouldn't trust him to do it, but that his players do not deserve it

Also, from that article:

If you think that's bad, never EVER look into the Vampire LARP community.

Holy smokes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Anyone got the feeling that the podcast would turn into a tabletop version of Oglaf if not for Dungeon Dave?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Testekill posted:

Anyone got the feeling that the podcast would turn into a tabletop version of Oglaf if not for Dungeon Dave?

the coward

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The Dragon Friends did more things this past weekend.

VOD of their live show at PAX (starts at approximately 5:38:00): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/328285109

VOD of the panel with Dave and Hing: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/328306749

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’ve been listening to FTAGH now that I’m caught up on dragon friends, and it’s charming finally getting to know Michael Hing the person rather than Michael Hing the d&d villain. And Ben of course is as lovely as ever. I’ll have to make sure not to rush through it of course, since they apparently only record annually or something

Still too scared to listen to bigsofttitty.png though

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’ve been listening to FTAGH now that I’m caught up on dragon friends, and it’s charming finally getting to know Michael Hing the person rather than Michael Hing the d&d villain. And Ben of course is as lovely as ever. I’ll have to make sure not to rush through it of course, since they apparently only record annually or something

Still too scared to listen to bigsofttitty.png though

I actually started listening to FTAGH as well, and its really enjoyable

bigsofttitty.png is very... good? and is only slightly scary

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Go RV! posted:

Let me feel your teeth.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Go RV! posted:

I actually started listening to FTAGH as well, and its really enjoyable

I started with the first ep of bigsofttitty.png and wasn’t really feeling it, but I don’t know why I started there; it’s not a storytelling podcast (I assume) and very few podcasts are good right out of the gate like that (I still haven’t even tried listening to early mbmbam). The ftagh with Tom and Demi was very good so I will get to it eventually, I do love their appearances on DF.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I find the bigsofttitty.png episodes with guests are easier to get into, since Tom and Demi's specific brand of weirdness isn't quite so concentrated. Episode 22 has Ben on it and you get an amusing anecdote about Carlo too.

Man, the Sydney comedy scene is really tightly knit.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BigSoftTitty.png poll: do you think the wildly loud vaping in the last episode was a bit or not?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If I can recommend some bigsofttitty eps:

ep 7 - DRUMK: the cum egg
ep 17 - club penguin: the titular segment being probably the single funniest segment of the show
ep 25 - an awful situation: recommending this specifically for the last 5 minutes and 20 seconds because holy poo poo

e: i forgot ep 19 - gogron, it is also very good

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 2, 2018

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

My housemate and I are still grappling with the very challenging episode of bst on Dolphins.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Go RV! posted:

If I can recommend some bigsofttitty eps:
Thanks for this rec list, I'm still on the first ep (just reached cum egg) but I can already feel that my life has changed.

Find yourself a girl who tells you to suck her dick (which is your dick (because she owns you)) the way demi does.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

bigsofttitty tend to repeat stories a lot, but its fine because I'll never tire of hearing about Demi's parents, two prison guards, one of whom was cheating on their partner, also a prison guard.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Not Operator posted:

bigsofttitty tend to repeat stories a lot, but its fine because I'll never tire of hearing about Demi's parents, two prison guards, one of whom was cheating on their partner, also a prison guard.

The first time that story came up was amazing because Tom didn't yet know all of the details so hes just tumbling down the rabbit hole alongside the podcast audience

Though I might be thinking of one of the other Demi Lardner Origin Stories that blew his mind in those early episodes of the podcast

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

LentThem posted:

The first time that story came up was amazing because Tom didn't yet know all of the details so hes just tumbling down the rabbit hole alongside the podcast audience

Though I might be thinking of one of the other Demi Lardner Origin Stories that blew his mind in those early episodes of the podcast

I'm pretty sure that we and Tom have been hit with incredible new details in the story at least three times.

It's like when lovely comics go back and retcon the story except it's real and always amazing

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hmm, maybe I do need to listen to this podcast from the beginning

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
This week's episode is a banger. Alex is the best as usual; ever since Edan doesn't do much NPC work anymore, I forgot how much I loved Ben bantering with other NPCs, but Carlo as guest DM brought that back to life.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
gently caress yeah, just listened back and tom finds out the cheating part of the prison guard story at 35 minutes into episode 3
”A sturdy and charismatic cum that just needed to come out of dad"

I forget which episode talks about her childhood sleeping on a grimy patch of floor but that's also good

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't think I fully get bst, but I guess it can be entertaining. Someone in this thread said it might as well be called "Tom Walker and Demi Lardner are loving and Want You to Know About It", and that's basically rang true in the few episodes I've listened to. However, with Cum Egg, it occurred to me that I'd probably listen to a podcast that was just Tom reading the worst things he can find on the internet in the most serious voice he can while Demi just hoots and hollers in the background.

e: I guess that would just basically be Lou Reads with a little goblin laughing along.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I don't think I fully get bst, but I guess it can be entertaining. Someone in this thread said it might as well be called "Tom Walker and Demi Lardner are loving and Want You to Know About It", and that's basically rang true in the few episodes I've listened to. However, with Cum Egg, it occurred to me that I'd probably listen to a podcast that was just Tom reading the worst things he can find on the internet in the most serious voice he can while Demi just hoots and hollers in the background.

e: I guess that would just basically be Lou Reads with a little goblin laughing along.

You’re in luck, because that’s become a recurring feature.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah, other highlights are Tom going through the actual worst fursonas, and reading excerpts from the declining age of the small dick support forum.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Latest DF is a good one; it has one of my favorite Hing Things, where he comes up with an overly-elaborate, stupid plan, and you can hear him deflate in real time as he attempts to justify it in the face of everybody telling him how stupid it is.

I wish this podcast was famous/financially sufficient enough for them to do an international tour, because it seems like a very fun show, but I've made my peace with the fact that I would have to fly to Sydney to ever see it, and that's a long way to go for a podcast recording

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've now listened to a bunch of bigsofttitty and it's extremely powerful. Demi's hoots of delight at the horrible things she or Tom read are powerful, as is Tom being disgusted by the internet.

Club Penguin was so good.

"MEAT HOLE?!"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
bigsofttitty.png owns, and needs to be listened to in order

caligulamprey posted:

BigSoftTitty.png poll: do you think the wildly loud vaping in the last episode was a bit or not?

i was sure it was, but apparently not according to her twitter

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

exmarx posted:

bigsofttitty.png owns, and needs to be listened to in order

i was sure it was, but apparently not according to her twitter

I was a little behind on BST.png and I finally got around to that ep today.

Holy gently caress was that vaping loud. I saw the posts, but I didn't truly grasp how dire the situation was.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Episode 89 of FTAGH has an absolute incredible moment where the guest Guy Montgomery accidentally reveals that he's a weirdo

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Bogan Krkic posted:

Episode 89 of FTAGH has an absolute incredible moment where the guest Guy Montgomery accidentally reveals that he's a weirdo

It's easily one of my favorite moments of any podcast, ever.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Bogan Krkic posted:

holy poo poo i listened to it after this post and Guy collapsing in shame was amazing.

Also in that newest Dragon Friends, did the guest DM start to slip that the thing mounted on the starship's command chair is the key to the portal in Freezo's lab? Ben cut him off fast, but Im not sure if it mattered since Freezo is bringing the ship back to the tower anyway.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
On the one hand, it looks like there's only two episodes left this season

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1059674394711080965

On the other hand, Montaigne is guesting again :allears:

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
I really really hope Montaigne didn’t take any lesson that her song in the last appearance was tonally inappropriate. I still listen to that thing.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

:stwoon:

Wow. Hate to objectify, but I didn't know Montaigne looked like that.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I don't know what I'd love more, if Montaigne wrote and performed another gorgeous and therefore wholly inappropriate song, or if she decided Bassbass learned too well from the Dragon Friends and performed a song about cloacas or something

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Oh man I am super excited for both of those guests, for the most completely different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Very excited for the return of Bassbass, with easily the most fleshed out backstory of any character on a show that's been running for 3 years.

Even more excited for the return of Ostin Powerful, filthy gobbo junker covered in eyepatches turned accidental planeswalker.

Demi has also been doing some important work on what I guess is a tv show recently.

https://twitter.com/TheFeedSBS/status/1059382691915657217

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 9, 2018