Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/purinharumaki/status/1057971887379075073

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Droyer posted:

No I do not like America.

Sponsor me so I can live in Sweden.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I should genuinely look for my grandads family out of country but we dont know much about him except I share his name and he was a Larson.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I should genuinely look for my grandads family out of country but we dont know much about him except I share his name and he was a Larson.

I can't believe you're related to Ryo Saeba of City Hunter fame.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:ohdear:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Poor little ghost

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lemon-Lime posted:

I can't believe you're related to Ryo Saeba of City Hunter fame.

I hope that series get a reboot sometime.
(Yes I know about Angel Heart)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Sponsor me so I can live in Sweden.

I lost my job today so that seems like a bad idea rn, sorry.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bad day at the robot factory

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

sorry about your job loss droyer :(

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Sharkopath posted:

Carrying a bandolier of full growlers around your waist: "This is a normal night for me, the average american"

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

"I like beer, do you like beer? AMERICA."

Slowly saving money so I can buy a Harley Davidson jacket and some american flag jeans to really sell this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

I hope that series get a reboot sometime.
(Yes I know about Angel Heart)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TnImjHwb7U

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's tragic that no one will get my City Hunter joke unless they also grew up watching European dubbed anime.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's tragic that no one will get my City Hunter joke unless they also grew up watching European dubbed anime.

I lit an incense offering for that joke.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've heard of nicky larson

mainly bc of the upcoming live action movie but still

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

klapman posted:

Slowly saving money so I can buy a Harley Davidson jacket and some american flag jeans to really sell this
Jesus, what does it say about the economy and capitalism that someone is saving up to buy a Harley... jacket.

Also, quick poll, chat thread. When you read (like in your head or out loud) "CharacterxCharacter" in fandoms, doujins, etc., do you read the "x" as "eks" or as "slash"?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

eks because if it was supposed to be slash they would have written character/character

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

slash because if it was supposed to be eks they would have written character/character

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ballistic: eks vs slash

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mir is the only girl that matters

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

The only english dubs I have of it are the movies.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The new castlevania is more ambitious than I thought and is like a dual story of Belmont and Pals and Dracula and his former slave right hand man who is cool as hell and helping drac for his own reasons.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew the origin of "It's OK because she's really a 9000 year old demon" meme? A patient zero, if you will.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Spoilers for caslevania: When the belmont crew crash the castle Dracs right hand man decides of his own free will to stay and protect drac but Drac throws him through a magic portal to keep him safe because hes too fond of him and I love it all.

I'm reading romance where there probably isnt the intention though but its too much.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:catdrugs: I mean Cat Dice!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew the origin of "It's OK because she's really a 9000 year old demon" meme? A patient zero, if you will.

I feel like it started as a disgaea meme but idk

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

dogsicle posted:

ballistic: eks vs slash

:sever:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Normal Person: Dracula respects his subordinate for his loyalty and companionship and honesty and wit and trusts him more than himself to see the future that they envision together

Me: Dracs got jungle fever baby

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

Spoilers for caslevania: When the belmont crew crash the castle Dracs right hand man decides of his own free will to stay and protect drac but Drac throws him through a magic portal to keep him safe because hes too fond of him and I love it all.

I'm reading romance where there probably isnt the intention though but its too much.
You're not wrong. :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Shippopath.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

I started season 2 but I didnt play enough of the games to know who some people were like I did with Trevor, Sypha and Alucard and that was a bummer. I wanna get back to it tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Season 3 should adapt Aria of Sorrow imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Expect My Mom posted:

I started season 2 but I didnt play enough of the games to know who some people were like I did with Trevor, Sypha and Alucard and that was a bummer. I wanna get back to it tho

Unfortunately to know who Hector is you need to play Curse is Darkness (I'm assuming that was Hector I haven't watched the Netflix show)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Motto posted:

Yeah, I would've said Disgaea too. Etna or Flonne, specifically.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto posted:

I think it probably predates disgaea, but all the SA pedos that got banned had disgaea avs while unironically talking about 9000 year old loli demons

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I think it probably predates disgaea, but all the SA pedos that got banned had disgaea avs while unironically talking about 9000 year old loli demons

Some of them still frequent YOSPOS, pretending to never have watched anime before...The more you know,

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

homeless snail posted:

There's a scene in the game where they mention their ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The way Alucard and Trevor constantly poo poo on each other and snark is the exact relationship I have with my roommates.

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or not.

Also, the Peter Stormrare vampire is awesome.