Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

X-O posted:

Ahh yes, that nobody Winter Soldier that has been one of the main focal points of two of the best movies in the Marvel Universe, one of which also has his name in the title.

Yep, two movies where he was a human plot point, walked around dull-eyed and speechless because he was brainwashed and/or moody, and things happened around him until the actual characters showed up to help. I think one of the movies ended with him being so boring that they actually put him to sleep at the end.

This dude was a prop for action scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Phenotype posted:

Yep, two movies where he was a human plot point, walked around dull-eyed and speechless because he was brainwashed and/or moody, and things happened around him until the actual characters showed up to help. I think one of the movies ended with him being so boring that they actually put him to sleep at the end.

This dude was a prop for action scenes.
Honestly, I agree.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
finally finished dd s3 and man, it was competently made and stuff but talk about a loving slog to get through. took me weeks cuz i just did not find myself giving a poo poo at all

at least karen didnt end up dying like i thought she would so maybe she'll be in punisher s2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I've been way behind on comic stuff so I only just now finished Iron Fist s2 and I'm really surprised at how much I liked it since it took a few episodes to get going... which then made me bummed when I remembered the cancellation news. It was just getting good! I mean come on man, you can't tease me with poo poo like Iron Fist-bullets then cancel the show.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 2, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
These cancellations are because Disney is going to move all the Defenders + Punisher to some new streaming service they're starting. Whether or not you find that enjoyable is up to you, but don't worry. Danny will be back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
or they could not bring them back because the second seasons have been pretty bad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah, I see Daredevil and Punisher surviving the Disney Snap™ but that's about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
IFS2 is a loving slog. I'm on episode 8 and I can barely pay attention. And I hear a lot of bad about DDS3 despite the good things so I'm just ready for them to shitcan the entire thing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I dunno, I liked season 3, but I'm a Daredevil long time fan, and I prefer Kingpin to the Hand any day of the week. It definitely could have pruned 4 episodes and been fine, but overall I liked it. Season 2 was fantastic when the Punisher was involved but blehhhhhh with the Hand.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I was with dd for the first couple episodes, but it quickly wound up being that every single ep was person is killed -> Matt says fisk must die -> foggy/karen says no because THE LAW -> fisk already planned for that and another person dies -> Matt says Fisk must die, ad nauseum. Theres no drama there at all because you know how every episode ends and it's intensely boring to watch knowing that. It's like the end of jj s1 where they deus ex'd purple man escaping at the end of every episode to pad out the episode requirements cuz they couldn't think of anything else, only it was the whole loving season

I guess there was like the episode 6 fight scene that was cool but then bullseye is just constantly doing ricochet shots and impossible throws even though he apparently has no actual powers for the rest of the show with no justification other than, is a psychopath, like that gives you magical powers or something

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

I was with dd for the first couple episodes, but it quickly wound up being that every single ep was person is killed -> Matt says fisk must die -> foggy/karen says no because THE LAW -> fisk already planned for that and another person dies -> Matt says Fisk must die, ad nauseum. Theres no drama there at all because you know how every episode ends and it's intensely boring to watch knowing that. It's like the end of jj s1 where they deus ex'd purple man escaping at the end of every episode to pad out the episode requirements cuz they couldn't think of anything else, only it was the whole loving season

I guess there was like the episode 6 fight scene that was cool but then bullseye is just constantly doing ricochet shots and impossible throws even though he apparently has no actual powers for the rest of the show with no justification other than, is a psychopath, like that gives you magical powers or something

He's bullseye. He has bullseye powers. With no explanation. You know. Like bullseye.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yes, but also i find that justification doesn't really work for me in Netflix land. There are so few people who have powers and they're all explicitly defined to have them. Like, we've also had Frank castle and Mary in if s2 who had the same training but can't do what dex does and he does some bonkers stuff for a guy who is just A Psychopath Army Guy. In a meta context i know he supposed to be bullseye, but while I'm watching it i have no idea why this guy is able to do the things he does

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The only post-Defenders series I was underwhelmed by is Jessica Jones. I thought DD S3 and IF S2 were pretty great. Daredevil starts a little slow, but I don't have a problem with that.

Having good aim isn't a super power. Having military training is a good enough explanation for having good aim in a fantasy comic book world. Frank and Mary had training. You can't say they had the same training. They didn't even all serve in the same military.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah but Dex doesn't have good aim, he has impossible aim, and the only reason for it is apparently he bounced a baseball off a pole one time as a kid

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I've kind of always had that problem with Bullseye, and by extension occasionally Hawkeye (though maybe the worst was in Ultimate?). There's also how he can throw things with almost no mass like straightened paper clips that magically go through flesh like it's vorpal (comic here, haven't seen the show).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scaramouche posted:

I've kind of always had that problem with Bullseye, and by extension occasionally Hawkeye (though maybe the worst was in Ultimate?). There's also how he can throw things with almost no mass like straightened paper clips that magically go through flesh like it's vorpal (comic here, haven't seen the show).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1ZGIN0UqJE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bullseye perfected his aim because he thought it would bring his parents back.

Child abuse is a proven method to create superstars in sports. It holds up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Do you have anything to add in words cuz im not watching random youtubes

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Maybe he's autistic... doesn't that give you super powers?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Too bad because Ricky Jay owns.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

He throws a playing card into a watermelon. In the comic book world someone with unnatural skill at throwing things could absolutely kill someone else with a paperclip.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does he bounce it off a wall around a corner first

I might spare a minute of my time for that

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If he were making objects do 90 degree curves in midair or throwing knives through sheets of concrete, I'd be with you. Throwing office supplies at Daredevil in an enclosed space when that is something you've been practicing for decades doesn't sound that hard. That's something I would imagine any person could accomplish in real life let alone magic ninja world. Suspend a little disbelief.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Again, with the information given in the show about Dex, i would have no reason to believe he spends all his free time learning to ricochet random household object off walls at high speeds in order to kill people. Or how to throw garbage at people behind you underhanded directly into their faces to kill them from 20 feet away. Or ricocheting bullets off the opposing fire escape to hit people in the apartment above you. He just does it

Im curious as to what would be the next level for bullseye with his cyberspine or whatever theyre implying hes gonna have if we pretend s4 would happen. Like does his accuracy go from 110% to 150% with his super powers or what? Does he throw extremely fast instead of just really fast?

site fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 2, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

IFS2 is a loving slog. I'm on episode 8 and I can barely pay attention. And I hear a lot of bad about DDS3 despite the good things so I'm just ready for them to shitcan the entire thing.

That is a crazy opinion. Iron Fist season 1, Jessica Jones Season 2, Defenders and like 2-3 episodes of Daredevil season 2 was the only bad stuff in the Marvel Netflixverse, and I'll be very sorry to see it all go in a couple months.

Like I seriously don't give half a poo poo about Falcon and Winter Soldier's tv show and I would absolutely delete it from the universe if it meant I got Luke Cage season 3.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Everybody wanted Bullseye in the Daredevil show, and then when we get him you're bitching about how unrealistic it is.

Would it be better if he had chemicals spilled on him in the accident that killed his parents?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I am everyone now it seems. Personally i don't recall ever stating that i needed bullseye to show up

And yeah if they gave me some reason to buy that he can do impossible poo poo that would've helped. In fact i literally said as much

Actually its pretty funny you bring up matt because he actually has powers and was trained from childhood by a league of assassins to fight immortal ninjas and even he cant do what rando cop guy can do

site fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 2, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

I am everyone now it seems

And yeah if they gave me some reason to buy that he can do impossible poo poo that would've helped. In fact i literally said as much

There's a deleted scene where he got chemicals splashed on him when his parents died.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

There's a deleted scene where he got chemicals splashed on him when his parents died.

Im sorry you cant handle someone having a problem with your pet show and are melting down over it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

giving Bullseye actual powers would be a shameful deviation from canon that would be absolutely unacceptable for an official property, it is integral to the character that he be the most inexplicable human being on earth in terms of ability

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Sounds like the show failed to adequately set up and explain Bullseye’s preternatural aiming skills.

HIJK fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 2, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It did fail to do that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

site posted:

Im sorry you cant handle someone having a problem with your pet show and are melting down over it

lol

HIJK posted:

Sounds like the show failed to adequately set up and explain Bullseye’s preternatural aiming skills.

It absolutely failed at that (among other lesser failures this season). He basically shows up out of nowhere, hass unbelievable accuracy and precision, able to use ANYTHING as projectile, and zero back story illustrating this other than "oh yeah, he was in little league and killed his coach". They kept hammering home the twitchy-schizo-killer, which fine we get it. But what about those powers? How did those happen?

I probably would have had less of an issue if he had just been a hired assassin who's spoken of in hushed tones. "He killed a man with a paperclip and a rubber band from *across the room*" Like a John Wick, but crazy-mans.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 2, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
But like, you do have a reason to believe Dex spent all his time throwing poo poo. He was obsessive to the point of insanity, that was on display a LOT across the season. They very prominently featured his vault of weapons and there were more than just guns. I could be wrong, but I remember shuriken. Idk what the spoiler policy is right now but when he saves Fisk, he gets every guy with a single bullet. Like...the beat into the audience what the guy's deal is. And while it's all improbable, that's because he lives in a fantasy world with aliens and magic. However, none of it is explicitly impossible. We were spared 100 hours of Bullseye shooting a target, not robbed of them.

By the way "shows up out of nowhere" is a very weird way to describe a new character debuting. Every character shows up out of nowhere in that context.

The new spine is so he can be as tough to beat as he was in this season, but without wearing Daredevil's suit. It makes him harder to punch. It's like Diamondback, except people would probably like to see Bullseye again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sorry I just can't buy in a universe where people can come back from the dead or have a magical fist or radar sense or bulletproof skin that someone can be good at throwing things with great accuracy!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Sorry I just can't buy in a universe where people can come back from the dead or have a magical fist or radar sense or bulletproof skin that someone can be good at throwing things with great accuracy!

This is the dumbest point to make about anything comic book related and I wish it was bannable to make it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Codependent Poster posted:

All of those super powers were explained as powers externally granted by specific sources.

I can definitely see how Bullseye was a bit tough to swallow since he is clearly superhuman in ability with no explanation as to why, but in the end, I didn't let it bother me. Maybe if the show survives the snap they can just handwave it away as him being a mutant.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They have never once, in any medium, explained Bullseye's powers. This is the dumbest loving complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

They have never once, in any medium, explained Bullseye's powers. This is the dumbest loving complaint.

He has adamantium laced bones in the comics.