Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Game of the Month is ActRaiser (27th Anniversary Edition)

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1058220591864561664

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgC9VkWBT8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait are some people actually thinking you get spirits by using actual money? Nobody seriously thought that right?

100% I did. It’s full of mobile game Gacha mechanics and I still expect it to have something along those lines

I watched it at a friends place and I started laughing and clapping when they announced Piranha Plant because of how far off all the speculation was, and yet all camps were so convinced they were right

Don’t Believe Internet Rumors

I also started clapping when it turns out the catchy Ultimate theme has LYRICS

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Grapplejack posted:

get ready
for rear end

Wasn't the lady from SiN in Playboy

Definitely in at least one edition of "IGN's Babes of Gaming"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

just smdh if u can't acapella the fillmore act1 theme from memory

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna see an actraiser spiritual successor

Has anyone made anything that is obviously inspired by actraiser but not called actraiser

Besides actraiser 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm feeling a bit more confident in REvil4 now. This morning I made friends with a Spanish cop and we bro'd down hard until the locals got rowdy but I managed to escape and now the main dude says I've got their blood so I guess I've passed the hazing ritual and I'm part of the frat now. I can't wait for our first kegger!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

homeless snail posted:

I think like half of it was they specifically didn't want to work with silicon knights anymore, also

Oh definitely, nobody wanted to work with Silicon Knights, but I mean nothing's stopping them from getting someone else to do a sequel, or making one in-house.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

actually reminds me of something i've always been curious about. not really game specific but:

that particular three note sequence at seven seconds into the above track, Mi-Do-Re on the background organ? guaranteed frisson right down my back, every single time I hear it, be it that song or some other one with the same 3 notes

wonder why that is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna see an actraiser spiritual successor

Has anyone made anything that is obviously inspired by actraiser but not called actraiser

Besides actraiser 2
a valley without wind is kind of actraiserish, filtered through the absurd arcen games lens. that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

https://twitter.com/livedoornews/status/1058219762340179968

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

speaking of arcen, did AI War 2 end up being any good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

a valley without wind is kind of actraiserish, filtered through the absurd arcen games lens. that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head though

i was gonna say valley without wind sarcastically because that is the most in-description-only i've ever seen in my life. and don't even get me started on how lazily the multiplayer is balanced

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

kirby, you ate a child....
amazing! mission complete! that right there is why you're the best kirby!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

tbf the children in this case appear quite comfortable

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My friend Kirby is protecting my head from harm while I sleep :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Is this like when the witch tells hansel and gretel to crawl into the oven so they don't get cold

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know thinking about it, I'm fairly confident that in some internal development conference Sakurai probably remarked "I'd rather put a piranha plant in my game than loving Waluigi".

Then he thought about what he said, nodded his head, and began to seriously consider it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sakurai-san should we add waluigi to this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTEdICmq7co

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I feel the need to replace the pillows on my bed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I will lightly protest, online, if waluigi is not one of the dlc characters

By that I mean I'll go "drat that sucks" because he's good and should be in as a playable character

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
If I had any sort of competency I'd give the stardew valley treatment to actraiser and uncharted waters.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:yeah:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So how old is Toby Fox anyways?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

So how old is Toby Fox anyways?

If I remember correctly Undertale came out 3 years ago and he was like, 23-24?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He’s 27

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

good

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Apparently my recent painful condition was shingles, of all things. I'm 31, I don't think I should be getting shingles in my early thirties.

In RDR2 I tried to do this quick draw thing maybe 25 times because I wanted to see if I could shoot the guy's gun out of his hand. I could, but forgot to pick it up on the final attempt and now I'm going to forever have a gap in my weapon compendium. My last manual save from before that mission was before I had done a half-dozen other things so I didn't want to go all the way back and do them again, but now I'm a little worried that I've locked myself out of an achievement and if I should ever get a wild hair up my rear end to try and plat it, I'd have to start a new game for 100% completion.

e: Just looked it up and I only need 48 out of 111 weapons for the trophy. Phew.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 2, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've never gotten a platinum in a Rockstar game other than the PS2 GTAs because they always have online trophies

It was especially annoying in Max Payne 3 because I did all the single player stuff like New York Minute Hardcore which is legit hard but didn't wanna grind out their online which barely anyone was playing

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Sometimes a developer includes things because they want to include them.

https://twitter.com/envinyon/status/1058136743860330496

It is usually fetish-related.

Lol if you don't have at least a Top 3 Step On Me List in the forefront of your mind at all times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

100% I did. It’s full of mobile game Gacha mechanics and I still expect it to have something along those lines

I watched it at a friends place and I started laughing and clapping when they announced Piranha Plant because of how far off all the speculation was, and yet all camps were so convinced they were right

Don’t Believe Internet Rumors

I also started clapping when it turns out the catchy Ultimate theme has LYRICS

Most recent major Nintendo releases has gacha crap in it with no real money aspect because the generation of cell phone gamer children actually think that poo poo is just fun, period.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Apparently my recent painful condition was shingles, of all things. I'm 31, I don't think I should be getting shingles in my early thirties.

You can get shingles any time! My virus clawed its way up my nerve cells when I was 22. I even meant to suggest that to you when I saw your post last thread but I forgot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Last Spring I got contact dermatitis from my wedding ring all of a sudden and now I can't wear it for even 20 minutes without my finger becoming swollen and blistered for weeks. Don't get married, kids!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No worries there

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like how fire emblem echoes IMMEDIATELY reassures you that the two cousins who are gonna bone are not related by blood

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

precision posted:

I like how fire emblem echoes IMMEDIATELY reassures you that the two cousins who are gonna bone are not related by blood

Western audiences didn't call them out on the weird poo poo in Awakening so they figured hell, why not?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Fire Emblem: Tactical War and also all the homoeroticism and incest you can stand

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, related to last thread, I also found the Klan meeting in RDR 2. Proceeded to dynamite, shotgun the survivors, then free the horses. They have poo poo loot, too.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

Fire Emblem: Tactical War and also all the homoeroticism and incest you can stand

There isn't nearly enough homoeroticism in FE though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

There isn't nearly enough homoeroticism in FE though

• Locked thread